Close

Thread: Dinan VW tuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Dinan VW tuning

What's really ironic is Dinan is making a piggyback for VW's now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    What's really ironic is Dinan is making a piggyback for VW's now.
    LOL seriously? Are they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL seriously? Are they?
    Yup, feel free to move this to a separate thread.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-dinan-pa...d440-0040~din/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Dinan is attempting to enter the VW/Audi tuning market with their Dinantronics Sport piggybacks

How the mighty have fallen. Just three years ago Steve Dinan criticized piggyback tuning for BMW's basically saying it was inadequate compared to ECU flash tuning. Just a few months after that Dinan announced development of their own piggyback tuning boxes when modern BMW ECU's proved too difficult for them to tune.

Click here to enlarge

We called out Steve Dinan on what felt like hypocrisy. He stated that he did not discount the viability of piggyback tuning but that the current boxes on the market were poorly calibrated.

His assertion has not been supported with Dinan's performance results and the competition routinely outperforms Dinan whether it be in flash tuning or piggyback tuning.

What is clear at this point is with Steve Dinan leaving the company Dinan is simply trying to sling as many of these boxes as they can. Their Dinantronics Sport piggyback applies to the following VW/Audi models:

Make Model Submodel Engine
    Audi 8V S3 Quattro 2.0T
    Audi A3 8V FWD 1.8T
    Audi A3 8V Quattro 2.0T
    Audi MK3 TT (2014+) Quattro 2.0T
    Volkswagen Beetle GTI 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Beetle GTI 2.0T Gen3
    Volkswagen Golf VII GTI 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Golf VII Hatchback 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Golf VII Sportwagen 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Golf VII GTI 2.0T Gen3
    Volkswagen Golf VII R GTI 2.0T Gen3
    Volkswagen Jetta VI Sedan 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Jetta VI Sedan Facelift 1.8T Gen3
    Volkswagen Jetta VI Sedan 2.0T Gen3 GLI
    Volkswagen Jetta VI Sedan Facelift 2.0T Gen3 GLI
    Volkswagen Passat B7 FWD 1.8T Gen3

At $299.99 it is priced well but at $379.99 the BMS JB4 outperforms it. Let's not forget that APR can flash tune all of these models, offers higher performance options, and now even offers tuning options with a warranty.

Dinan will likely not be able to gain much of a foothold in the VW/Audi sector at least not with the performance they are offering and without wheel output dynos or performance results to share. This may appeal to those who really count their pennies.

It is somewhat sad to see this from a tuner that at one time developed lofty performance options such as superchargers and 5.8 liter V10 stroker motors for BMW M cars.

Click here to enlarge

Max Gains: +30 hp / +40 lb-ft

DINANTRONICS Sport is the boost controller for the masses. Its simple design/execution allows for easy installation/removal that can be performed in the blink of an eye and yields results you will be sure to feel, and enjoy, from the start. Coupled with Bluetooth capabilities right out of the box which allows for user-controlled adjustability and a live boost monitor to keep track of the action, its a value proposition that is unequaled in the marketplace.

DINANTRONICS Sport plugs into a single sensor which lends itself to a very quick and discrete installation, or removal, should the need arise. Not only does this connection method offer a simplified install but also effectively utilizes the factory ECU, in tandem with itself, in order to re-map boost, fueling, and timing for optimum performance. Once installed DINANTRONICS Sport enjoys connectivity to various smartphone devices courtesy of its built-in Bluetooth Smart system. From the free app, one has the freedom to reduce stock boost for valet duties or crank up the boost all the way up to the "race" setting for maximum enjoyment... or anywhere in between. Regardless of what setting is chosen, there is a power level for everyone. Also, within the app, the end user has access to a live boost monitor which streams boost data in real time to the phone. Not only will you be able to feel the difference but now you can see it as well!

Benefits of the DINANTRONICS Sport Performance Tuner:

• Bluetooth smart (Android and iOS Compatible)
    • Live boost monitor
    • Multiple power settings to choose from (Sport, Sport+, and Race). Units ship pre-set to the Sport+ setting.
    • Valet / parental control modes (-3 PSI)
    • Quick, easy, and discrete installation
    • Automatically detects engine type and loads appropriate mapping (if unit is for multiple engine types)
    • CARB EO submitted and approval is pending
    • 1 year product warranty (does not include consequential damages or labor costs)​

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I read this earlier this afternoon and just finally stopped laughing Click here to enlarge Both at Dinan entering this market with a piggy, but also APR's well timed introduction yesterday (clearly they had some market intelligence).

Competiton is always a good thing. But not sure if this is much competition to BMS or APR.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I look forward to Dinan offering exhaust tips next.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I look forward to Dinan offering exhaust tips next.
    We sell exhaust tips, lots of them actually. People love them including me lol, I have them on my car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We sell exhaust tips, lots of them actually. People love them including me lol, I have them on my car.
    Do you offer Dinan points for them? Do you sell a Dinan badge after people collect enough points?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you offer Dinan points for them? Do you sell a Dinan badge after people collect enough points?
    Lmao, is that something they do?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lmao, is that something they do?
    Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dinan
    The Dinan badge cannot be purchased but rather it is provided at no charge when your Dinan performance product selections total 10 points, making your Dinan enhanced BMW or MINI as exclusive as it is exciting to drive.
    Hah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hah.
    Wow, you weren't kidding.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dinan exhaust tips or just exhaust tips in general? Dinan doesn't make exhaust tips, that's -2 Dinan Points towards your Dinan Scout badge.

Rumor is he was shunned and ridiculed by the hardcore BMW sub culture to the point he decided on focusing on other platforms. Wait...who are we talking about again?

I wear a Dinan hat at the track. Wolf in sheeps clothing. Not a joke.
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

Click here to enlarge

Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lmao. i remembered when he released that vid $#@!ting on piggybacks....then like you said, not too long after put out the dinantronics piggyback stuff. funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey look it has valet/parental control! It removes 3psi boost. Because when I'm not in my Lambo in line at the valet, I take my VW and turn it down 3psi. I wouldn't want just any kid driving my Dinan powered VW .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2255 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, you weren't kidding.
    I wasn't but the problem now is they do not offer enough VW products for one to earn the badge for their Golf. Now that's a serious issue.