Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    Lamborghini to position rear-drive LP 550-2 as "entry-level" Gallardo

    Click here to enlarge

    Following in the footsteps of its parent's at Audi, Lamborghini has made all-wheel drive something of a battle cry. What was introduced as an option on the Diablo VT has now proliferated across every model Lamborghini has made since its introduction. Well... until the Balboni edition came along.

    To honor the career of the company's long-serving test driver Valentino Balboni, Lamborghini rolled out a purist's version of the Gallardo that did away with the all-wheel drive system in favor of rear-drive only, dropped 10 horsepower and was available with a classic gated manual in the place of the e-gear sequential gearbox.

    The Balboni edition carrying the LP 550-2 designation to mark its metric horsepower output and traction configuration was set to be the only rear-drive Gallardo available, until Lamborghini announced the Bicolore edition just the other day. Although sold overseas with all-wheel drive, the American version was announced as the first rear-drive LP 550-2 to follow the Balboni.

    According to reports coming in from Italy, Lamborghini is now preparing to offer the LP 550-2 as a sort of "entry-level" Gallardo, undercutting the price of other versions while offering the more direct drivetrain set-up. Apparently Lamborghini already sold a number of these LP 550-2s to Asian customers who missed out on the Balboni's limited production run, and will now offer the bare-bones Gallardo as a regular member of the family.
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    That's how a Lamborghini should be

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    According to reports coming in from Italy, Lamborghini is now preparing to offer the LP 550-2 as a sort of "entry-level" Gallardo, undercutting the price of other versions while offering the more direct drivetrain set-up. Apparently Lamborghini already sold a number of these LP 550-2s to Asian customers who missed out on the Balboni's limited production run, and will now offer the bare-bones Gallardo as a regular member of the family.
    How much $ ?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    the article didn't say but I would be less than the LP560-4
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    the article didn't say but I would be less than the LP560-4
    Not really entry level pricing, probably still will be $200k.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not really entry level pricing, probably still will be $200k.
    Well it is cheaper than the Italia and Mp4-12c.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Well it is cheaper than the Italia and Mp4-12c.
    in that case Rwd Gallardo would be my choice , the only available car with manual trans

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Well it is cheaper than the Italia and Mp4-12c.
    True, but if I can afford $230k then 30 grand here or there means nothing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    The transmission wins that race.

    Great to see, thanks for posting.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Gustav is really lucky , that airport (is it?) is a great place to run

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    Gustav is really lucky , that airport (is it?) is a great place to run
    Yep, he has that damn advantage which helps M5board and pisses me off.

    I have to come up with something to rival it but the USA has so many rules to prevent this exact sort of thing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yep, he has that damn advantage which helps M5board and pisses me off.

    I have to come up with something to rival it but the USA has so many rules to prevent this exact sort of thing.
    exactly
    what kind of rules? it's not in public , i don't think it's a problem

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    exactly
    what kind of rules? it's not in public , i don't think it's a problem
    Liability.

    You make a private event and someone dies and everyone starts pointing fingers. So you need insurance, and no one will insure it, and then no one will let you rent an airstrip with the intent to have cars race all out. This is what is shutting down things like the mile races, etc.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Liability.

    You make a private event and someone dies and everyone starts pointing fingers. So you need insurance, and no one will insure it, and then no one will let you rent an airstrip with the intent to have cars race all out. This is what is shutting down things like the mile races, etc.
    sorry for being unpolite but everyone shows you fingers? show your middle finger to them
    if someone can't drive in straight line and dies in event ,simply he deserves that
    sometimes rules are for being broken

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    if someone can't drive in straight line and dies in event ,simply he deserves that
    Personal responsibility isn't really something that people consider in what is increasingly becoming a welfare state.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    How about buying a old abandoned Airport? Its a private place you can do whatever you want right. You can just make people sign a waiver that if something happens you are not liable.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    How about buying a old abandoned Airport? Its a private place you can do whatever you want right. You can just make people sign a waiver that if something happens you are not liable.
    Where do you find an abandoned airport then the funds to buy it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where do you find an abandoned airport then the funds to buy it?
    I could help you with the funds. Would my investment return any profit?
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Personal responsibility isn't really something that people consider in what is increasingly becoming a welfare state.
    again lucky Gustav

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    I could help you with the funds. Would my investment return any profit?
    Impossible to say without having further details on the property and how it would be used.

    On paper, yes, potential for major return, definitely.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    This lambo is fantastic, love the concept!! Would buy one if i could!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -195.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    why buying? we rent an airport here for just one day , people come do some runs , nothing serious , nothing official
    here is afew pics of an event which didn't go well with just 18 cars and 6 bikes, storm came and made some problems
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    927
    Rep Points
    591.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where do you find an abandoned airport then the funds to buy it?
    PRIVATE AIRPORT PROPERTY • $165,000 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • Located 1CL2 between Rosamond and Mojave CA, 2/2 doublewide mobile home. shingle roof, waterwell, septic, phone, electric, nat gas, 42X60 Hanger with electric bifold door and loft,10 acres, subdividable to 4 lots, 2600' paved lighted runway, 2 dirt crosswind runways, windbreak trees, mature shadetrees, orchard, • Contact Vincent Osburn, Owner - located Mojave, CA USA • Telephone: 661-824-0453 (eves) or 818-371-5377 (days) • Posted January 24, 2011 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures • Finance
    Click here to enlarge

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,915
    Rep Points
    31,844.0
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    PRIVATE AIRPORT PROPERTY • $165,000 • FOR SALE BY OWNER • Located 1CL2 between Rosamond and Mojave CA, 2/2 doublewide mobile home. shingle roof, waterwell, septic, phone, electric, nat gas, 42X60 Hanger with electric bifold door and loft,10 acres, subdividable to 4 lots, 2600' paved lighted runway, 2 dirt crosswind runways, windbreak trees, mature shadetrees, orchard, • Contact Vincent Osburn, Owner - located Mojave, CA USA • Telephone: 661-824-0453 (eves) or 818-371-5377 (days) • Posted January 24, 2011 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures • Finance
    http://barnstormers.com/tmp_images/b...cc2c0cc655.jpg
    $165k? Wow, now this we can work with. Location is $#@!ty and the heat means it can only be used 1/2 of the year or so but no one is going to complain about the noise out there

    I just wonder if people would drive out there to do runs? I would... but I'll drive to Sacramento too.

    PM me the link.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •