01-14-2011, 12:40 AM #1
AWE Tuning S4 3.0TFSI S-Flo Intake Released
AWE Tuning has released their intake for the new Audi S4. The intake retains the factory heat shielding. Gains are claimed to be 15 horsepower at the crank. AWE was nice enough to include a dyno at the wheels which we appreciate. Gain is 9 whp at all 4 wheels on 93 octane. The intake is priced at $287.95. Specs:
• Factory airbox is retained for ultimate intake air heat shielding
• OE Style locking rib at inlet and outlet of silicone hose
• High flow silicone hose replaces restrictive factory tube (and Helmholtz Resonator on the 3.0T)
• Significant power gains with no change in sound
• Peak gains: +10 hp and +6 ft lb at the crank for the 3.0T and +6 hp and +4 ft lb at the crank for the 3.2L
• Max gains on the 3.0T are +15 hp and +11 ft lb at the crank at 7000 rpm, and Max gains on the 3.2L are 7 hp and 6 ft lb at the crank at 6500 rpm.
• Washable large cone filter from OEM supplier
• Flows 34% more than the factory paper filter
• Available in black or red
01-14-2011, 01:53 PM #2
01-14-2011, 02:33 PM #3
I don't like that torque curve..... you lose 100ft-lbs from 5000-7000rpm.
Time for a bigger blower?
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM #4
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM #5
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM #6
I have never dealt with awe, I have always seen them put up conservative #s which is nice. But heard a few guys on a porsche forum saying they would be ok with their products, but would never ever ever let them touch their car.Current:
14 Viper TA
Wsir - 1:28:9
Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM #7
01-17-2011, 01:14 PM #8Guest Vendor
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
- Boynton Beach, FL
- Rep Points
- 61 Post(s)
- Rep Power
The reason for the torque drop is because the factory tune opens a bypass valve in the upper rpm's to bleed off boost. I believe the stg1 flashes are just keeping the bypass valve closed.
01-17-2011, 02:28 PM #9
01-18-2011, 03:04 AM #10
01-18-2011, 10:58 AM #11
The Ford Mustang GT500 does a much better job at holding it's torque with the Whipple W140AX (2.3L Twin-Screw).
01-19-2011, 06:52 AM #12
01-19-2011, 05:21 PM #13
To me it's funny to see Audi claim their engineering excellence and charge crazy money for what you get when Ford very easily makes a engine with not only much more power (expected), but a much flatter torque curve.
The GT500 torque curve looks like the S65 torque curve, just minus a few thousand RPM and up a few hundred ft-lbs!
01-19-2011, 06:20 PM #14