Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bump. Thankfully I don't rely on this car for transportation.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastt2 Click here to enlarge
    Bump. Thankfully I don't rely on this car for transportation.... Click here to enlarge
    @CKI@Motiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Den* Click here to enlarge
    I think i might think i have one of my sensors failed too, i have 2C32 and 29E1 coming every day. I sent everything (data) to trebila, but he is on vacation until end of August, so i will wait for his answer. Bank#2 - access is not that easy as bank#1, that's sad Click here to enlarge
    so sensors are fine, just received a reply from Trebila, i'm glad to have BP sensors ))
    YOU CAN!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so sensors are fine, just received a reply from Trebila, i'm glad to have BP sensors ))
    So which BP sensors are you using and are they in each exhaust manifold bank? Did you wire them into a JB4 or to it's own guage?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ericbh77 Click here to enlarge
    So which BP sensors are you using and are they in each exhaust manifold bank? Did you wire them into a JB4 or to it's own guage?
    BP means here bullet proof. In fact, i use ADV sensors from CKI and i have one per bank. they are plug and play, so i had 0 issues with connecting them to the OEM wires.

only feedback i have is to have proper length for the sensors: 1 long and 1 short. Currently CKI supply with two shorts + extender for one of the sensors.
    YOU CAN!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh i thought someone else is running these too. Also running the ADV sensors. I was hoping for some back pressure sensor install info

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BP means here bullet proof. In fact, i use ADV sensors from CKI and i have one per bank. they are plug and play, so i had 0 issues with connecting them to the OEM wires.

only feedback i have is to have proper length for the sensors: 1 long and 1 short. Currently CKI supply with two shorts + extender for one of the sensors.
    How is anyone supposed to know BP means bullet proof?

I'm SG to BRBPOS in my BCTGF!!!
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler
    2005 Infiniti G35 S - drift beater

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    How is anyone supposed to know BP means bullet proof?

I'm SG to BRBPOS in my BCTGF!!!

I’m So Glad to Be Right Back Pending Other Stuff in my Blue Car That Goes Fast!

Wait .... did that translate correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///MPOSTER Click here to enlarge
    I’m So Glad to Be Right Back Pending Other Stuff in my Blue Car That Goes Fast!

Wait .... did that translate correct?
    That is scary close. I can't remember exactly but I think it was "I'm So Glad to Be Racing Bullet Proof O2 Sensors in my Blue Car That Goes Fast"
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X
    2007 Subaru STI - 20G/E85 - NF Tuned
    2006 BMW X3 - dog hauler
    2005 Infiniti G35 S - drift beater

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Installed mine but I'm having issues.

They work fine until the car warms up, after some driving AFR gets pinned at 20 for both banks and it throws 2c2e + 2c2d codes. If I clear the codes the problem goes away but then comes back shortly after.

All connections look fine and I have the proper BEF for them.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by drepai Click here to enlarge
    Installed mine but I'm having issues.

They work fine until the car warms up, after some driving AFR gets pinned at 20 for both banks and it throws 2c2e + 2c2d codes. If I clear the codes the problem goes away but then comes back shortly after.

All connections look fine and I have the proper BEF for them.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Did you make sure the manifold does not have ceramic coating on the threads or the flat portion where the ADVs can get a good ground?

Did you make sure to check on ADV sensors when using the BEF you said you loaded?

If you have JB4 did you remove the biasing for regular OEM sensors?

Did you replace one sensor at a time as to not swap the connectors ( banks) by mistake?

edit; just want to say that above is what I remember. It could have changed by now on the MHD load, or JB4 loads where it is toggled off/on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you make sure the manifold does not have ceramic coating on the threads or the flat portion where the ADVs can get a good ground?

Did you make sure to check on ADV sensors when using the BEF you said you loaded?

If you have JB4 did you remove the biasing for regular OEM sensors?

Did you replace one sensor at a time as to not swap the connectors ( banks) by mistake?

edit; just want to say that above is what I remember. It could have changed by now on the MHD load, or JB4 loads where it is toggled off/on
    No coating on the manifold

ADV sensor option is checked in the BEF, I double checked that

I didn't remove the biasing in the JB4, are you supposed to do that? How?

Connectors are in the right place, it would have a ton of problems if they were swapped. Even with this issue the car runs and drives great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

No coating on the manifold

ADV sensor option is checked in the BEF, I double checked that

I didn't remove the biasing in the JB4, are you supposed to do that? How?

Connectors are in the right place, it would have a ton of problems if they were swapped. Even with this issue the car runs and drives great.

*FUD N54 Single Turbo Firmware
    Options:

FUD bit 6 - Disable o2 pressure correction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As a note on that the biasing is only enabled for single turbo cars. Twin turbo cars have another setting under FUD bit6. Click here to enlarge

The setting models exhaust back pressure and offsets the air/fuel ratio back to the DME to compensate for the pressure differential. If you leave it enabled with ADV sensors you'll probably wind up running too rich but I don't see how it might trigger o2 sensor faults.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry, Not to derail thread but would it be best to install back pressure sensors on one bank or both? I know where to wire in one BP sensor to JB4 but not two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    you'll probably wind up running too rich but I don't see how it might trigger o2 sensor faults.
    Seriously? If trims exceed thresholds car can default to OL right?
    2010 N54 - DocRace - Motiv - CKI - TCKR - Volk - ER - CSF - Vorsteiner

Click here to enlarge

Daily - '11 F02, 22" HR springs+links Click here to enlarge N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The setting models exhaust back pressure and offsets the air/fuel ratio back to the DME to compensate for the pressure differential.
    These tables have been published in the XDF for quite some time now, I think you can remove this feature from JB4 and just incorporate into the BEF.
    BIG things coming soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2305 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ericbh77 Click here to enlarge
    @Terry, Not to derail thread but would it be best to install back pressure sensors on one bank or both? I know where to wire in one BP sensor to JB4 but not two.
    @Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    691 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think just one is fine.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok thanx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    *FUD N54 Single Turbo Firmware
    Options:

FUD bit 6 - Disable o2 pressure correction.
    Updated all JB4 settings and reset adaptions. Same problem. Any other ideas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Updated all JB4 settings and reset adaptions. Same problem. Any other ideas?
    Another user on another forum said his O2s were showing they were out and that it ended up being a fuse. Check that and see if they are getting power at all.

If your fuses are good then I would recommend flashing back to stock and verify the OEM O2 sensors work and then get a good log . Then reflash with the new BEF(adv opt checked) and install the ADVs. That is how I would go about it to eliminate other faulty things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another user on another forum said his O2s were showing they were out and that it ended up being a fuse. Check that and see if they are getting power at all.

If your fuses are good then I would recommend flashing back to stock and verify the OEM O2 sensors work and then get a good log . Then reflash with the new BEF(adv opt checked) and install the ADVs. That is how I would go about it to eliminate other faulty things.
    Car has been running just fine with stock O2s. Once he switched to the ADVs it was good for one day and that was about it. I can't figure it out and everything seems to be on check.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Payam@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Car has been running just fine with stock O2s. Once he switched to the ADVs it was good for one day and that was about it. I can't figure it out and everything seems to be on check.
    Hey payam , I saw that too. I figured he needs to get back to a known good, to best trouble shoot items that could be wrong. Is it a possibility that the O2s never really calibrated the first day after the flash and he saw the errors after the DME realized the issue on day 2 after the drive cycle. Putting back to stock could verify that the O2s were swapped, wires broken/melted, fuse blown , faulty flash, wrong bin, or bad ADVs etc etc. I don't want to sound insulting but one guy I helped insisted he had the correct BEF and couldn't figure out why things weren't working. I'm not sure where he got it from but I took mine from Chris's link and pointed him to it. Doesn't hurt to recheck or try a different source .

edit: I think when I took Chris's file, I did not check on ADV on mhd ,I just let it be as is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey payam , I saw that too. I figured he needs to get back to a known good, to best trouble shoot items that could be wrong. Is it a possibility that the O2s never really calibrated the first day after the flash and he saw the errors after the DME realized the issue on day 2 after the drive cycle. Putting back to stock could verify that the O2s were swapped, wires broken/melted, fuse blown , faulty flash, wrong bin, or bad ADVs etc etc. I don't want to sound insulting but one guy I helped insisted he had the correct BEF and couldn't figure out why things weren't working. I'm not sure where he got it from but I took mine from Chris's link and pointed him to it. Doesn't hurt to recheck or try a different source .

edit: I think when I took Chris's file, I did not check on ADV on mhd ,I just let it be as is.
    We went through it a couple times to verify its just our BEF with the ADV box checked in MHD before flashing. We will keep digging and see what we can find.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast