Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

'05 STI 500whp STOCK BLOCK Speedo video

So heres a speedometer video of my '05 STI with C16 in it and me trying to drive, record, and shift at the same time.. Kinda hard but i did my best! anyways hope you like the video, more to come once my tune on my built motor is done!! All this was on stock motor BTW, car went 11.3 @ 123 fontana @ 3300 ft. DA, 85* out and a 10mph headwind.. Not to mention the track at fontana since they changed the direction of it now has a slight uphill the first 1/8th mile then levels out instead of being a tiny bit downhill (nhra rules allow i believe 15ft drop from start to finish line in the 1/4, but dont quote me on that)
    Just doing the simple conversion to bring altitude to sea level to see what the car "could" have ran at sea level that day computed to a 10.96 @ 126. This was @ 28psi. Now running 30-32psi on built motor so i will have more vids comming soon!

Video:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

'05 STI STOCK BLOCK pump gas video

This is a speedo shot of a 3rd gear pull in my 05 STI, 20psi with a GT30R.

video:

Enjoy!

And btw please click on ALL ads that pop up in the video, i get money for every ad clicked on so feel free to click on all of them! And you can just let it load then close it if you're not interested, doesnt matter, just needs to be opened Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Stimo; 12-15-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad.. not SC M3 fast but hey, not bad Click here to enlarge

You have to run at a different track than Fontana. He is right when he says it would convert to high 10's and a higher trap as that track simply sucks, IT'S SLOWWWWW.

At Famoso you would likely bet mid 120's and definitely have a good shot at 10's.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to merge the second Vid with the other speedo thread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

'05 STI STOCK BLOCK 4th gear pull

This is a 4th gear pull with 20psi again on the stock block, pump gas. A bit longer pull so it gets more load on it, but as you can see still pulls decent up top for a 4cyl. Fast enough to be dead even with a 500hp zo6 to 100mph so its not too bad.. after that though they would pull on me (basically once they grab 3rd gear lol)

video:

Enjoy!

Again please click on all/any ads that pop up because i get money for it, you can just click on the ads, let them load, then close them if you want but if you have the time please click on all the ads that pop up! thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Merged again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    oops i didnt know you were merging them accidently deleted one, ill fix it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Things out man.. I love subies! Always and and still do want one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well if you ever go that route and get a built motor, subaru motors are VEry touchy and complicated, you want a shop that knows what theyre doing. I actually went to a sand rail/buggy shop to get my motor built because theyve been building Subaru ,otors for 25+ years. I know 4 people now with the EXACT same setup as me, and all are holding together running 28-32psi.. Ive even had an accident a while back when i switched my dumptube to atmosphere instead of rerouted back into exhaust, it freed up so much back pressure that my boost jumped on my pump gas map from ~23psi to 29psi! lol.. and it held a couple pulls of that before i noticed it was THAT high.. so im waiting to get retuned now, but yeah this new n=motor is a GREAT built motor compaired to most subaru motors i hear about. Vacuum is only ~3-4hg lower than my stocker once warmed up, so my rings seated really well. And i did a HARD BREAK-IN BTW! 20psi within the first 20 miles revving to 4.5k, changed oil at 200 miles, then again at 1000, and gradually increased my rpm from 4.5 to 7K once i got to 1K miles, and its the best motor ive had! Barely any oil consumption, very quiet, holds together (knock on wood) cant beat that.. Most built subaru motors have piston slap even when warmed up, and are just noisy all together, burn oil, etc.. Mine actually burns LESS oil than my stock motor and only gets piston slap when its really cold out for the first 3 seconds or so, then its cool..
    But they key is the tune, my stock motor lasted 60K miles at 400whp DAILY DRIVEN HARD, and revving to 7.5K. and also had a map for 460whp that i used occasionally for weeekends and a 500whp map that was for the drag strip.. Anyways complicated cars and alot of people have alot of problems with them, but if you do your research and do everything the right way the first time theyre really great cars! Ive had mine since i drove it off the lot with like 4 miles on the OD Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good to know thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    of course, np..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Finally found the timeslip that my stupid cleaning lady threw away! ~30psi on stock motor '05 STI, ~500whp ran at fontana with 10-15mph headwind with gusts in the mid 20's, 85* out and a DA of ~3k ft. Not bad at all IMO! Wish i could have ran it with the built motor and extra 3psi! Now the guy that bought it is making a bit over 600whp on E85, 460whp on pump gas with a 40R i believe?? May be wrong but i believe that is what he's running. Unfortunately he just blew the tranny so it'll be down for a bit..