Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rumor: 2015 Shelby GT500 to Have More HP Than the Challenger Hellcat

Click here to enlarge

Oh boy, the 2015 Shelby/SVT/GT350 rumors are on the front burner once again. According to sources, an S550 Shelby GT500 replacement with more horsepower than the 2015 Dodge Challenger “Hellcat” might be revealed sometime soon.

The seemingly timeless King-of-the-hill battle for horsepower supremacy in the American muscle car market is heating up once again. After Dodge revealed it’s 2015 Hellcat Challenger would be the most powerful V-8 muscle car ever, CNN and HK say Ford’s 2015 halo Mustang will be revealed shortly and could potentially top the Hellcat. Here’s the exact quote, from CNN:

A Ford spokesman wouldn’t comment on its competitors car, but a new Shelby GT500 with, potentially, more power is expected to be revealed some time soon. ” –

Click here to enlarge

This could be big news for more reasons than just bragging rights for Ford and simply Because Race car. We’ve heard a few quiet rumors and watch a video centering around a 5.2L N/A “Voodoo” engine that could be a potential replacement for the 2014 Shelby GT500′s Trinity motor. However, we’ve also heard what sounds like the Trinity engine testing (most recently here) under the S550′s hood and if Ford is still in the top horsepower running, they’ll likely need to be beefing up the existing 5.8L from the 2014 GT500.

To add more controversy to the hefty pile of speculation that already surrounds this car, there’s also the possibility that we likely won’t be seeing a return of anything comparable to the 2014 model year (MY) GT500 until MY 2016, and that’s salt on the wounds for a lot of Mustang die-hards that have been salivating for a chance to see and even own a Shelby/SVT version of the S550. Seeing as Ford hasn’t even told us the power figures for the 2015 Mustang GT, V6 or EcoBoost but is taking pre-order on a car with a expected delivery dates penciled in for fall, 2014 at the earliest, I wouldn’t expect any concrete information our of Dearborn on a GT500 replacement until we at least get all of the base model figures.

One thing is certain–with the Hellcat’s unveiling, we’re all eagerly awaiting Ford to tell ussomething about the SVT / GT350 variant that is to take the 2013-32014 GT500′s place.

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/rumor...enger-hellcat/
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes! I'd rep you, but already did in the other thread Click here to enlarge And like I said, I love Mustangs, but the Hellcat is tugging at my heartstrings. Either way, this is a win-win for the consumer!

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please keep the horsepower wars going. The consumers are the winners here.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

2015/2016 Ford Shelby GT500 to have 750 horsepower? Ford must respond to the Hellcat

Dodge blew everyone away with the new 707 horsepower 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat. That includes the former king of the hill in the domestic muscle car scene the Ford Shelby GT500. The GT500 was the undisputed king vanquishing its rivals easily with its 662 horsepower 5.8 liter supercharged V8.

Click here to enlarge

Well, the king is dead but it looks like Ford intends to reclaim the throne. Dodge specifically made sure to top the GT500 and top it they did. Ford knows what the target is and with the next generation Mustang coming they have the opportunity to top the SRT Hellcat.

Rumors are that Ford is aiming for something around 750 horsepower. How will they do it though? A larger blower? Switch to a twin screw? A completely new engine design? Nobody knows except for Ford at this point and this is all speculation based on a Ford spokesperson stating to CNN Money that a new GT500 with even more power will be revealed relatively soon.

What is certain right now is that the horsepower war is the best it has ever been.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i wonder what GM is planning when they go for a new engine in an updated CTS-V/ZL1
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GM said they do not plan to engage the HP war. I think they have to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    GM said they do not plan to engage the HP war. I think they have to.
    They don't need to, the new Z06 is on a whole different level as a complete package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    They don't need to, the new Z06 is on a whole different level as a complete package.
    Whole different price point too. It's not comparable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    750hp on stock cars is insane, I hope we don't see kids wrapping these things around trees.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    750hp on stock cars is insane, I hope we don't see kids wrapping these things around trees.
    It kids parents want to buy their teenagers $60k 750hp cars. Then they shouldn't be surprised if they wind up dead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    perhaps it time they ditched the blower and went straight to Twins.
    I mean I doubt they will ever do that, but we can dream.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I assume they stick with the blower because somehow they think their customers would prefer it over a turbo'd engine and it is more American. I would much prefer to see two turbos fed by 3l each. TT 6L V8 and $#@! it just goto 800hp and leave the competition in the dust.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    That's probably the next gen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I assume they stick with the blower because somehow they think their customers would prefer it over a turbo'd engine and it is more American. I would much prefer to see two turbos fed by 3l each. TT 6L V8 and $#@! it just goto 800hp and leave the competition in the dust.
    You know when I was writing that post, I had initially included the whole "supercharger is more American muscle" opinion in it, but I removed it.

its hard to please everyone. The people who want pure performance, the guys who are constantly at the strip or rolling in Mexico would want a twin set up with a dual clutch.

Then there are the old timers (a large chunk of gt500 buyers) that use it for a weekend warrior and want it to be "American muscle" which historically is super charger and manual.

Me? I'd love to see a 6L twin set up for the cobra, a 4.0 v8 twin scroll for the GT, and for the purest have the n/a 5.0, perhaps the one from the boss 302.

Then of course the entry level 4cyl.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Entry level four cylinder, check.

NA 5.0? Check.

Twins? Well, not yet. But American muscle is about torque and a positive displacement supercharger is going to give you the most torque the earlier in the powerband. It can't be beat in that respect.