Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 M3 JB4 Ethanol Testing & Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

2015 M3 JB4 Ethanol Testing & Dyno

Hey guys,

Got back from a couple hours of dyno tuning and came back with some interesting results. This car definitely likes E85... Click here to enlarge

The JB4 now has full electronic wastegate control in addition to the fuel mass control & CANbus, pathing the way for E85 testing. The test car is our 2015 DCT M3, 100% stock with a JB4, with ethanol mixed with 91 octane at 30-50%.

I've been running E30 for the last week on a tune that ramps up to around 25psi and I've been very impressed with it. On the dyno today running that same trim resulting in a very consistent ~510whp / ~510wtq results. Although the turbo holds boost to redline it looks like shifting around 6000rpm will result in the best acceleration results as power noses off above that.

While I had it strapped down I decided to explore more aggressive power levels. Added a little more E85 and went on an hour long adventure through many different curves and tweaks. Finally arrived at a 28psi peak tune which yielded ~540whp / ~575wtq. I've not tested this much on the street so we'll have to see how viable it is. But this just goes to show you how much room was left on the table for tuning with this platform.

This car is an animal. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Oh emmmm geeee

06 M3 ZCP: RPI Scoops, AFe Stage 2 Intake, Power Flex Urenthane Bushings, Shark Injector, VAC Ultra Light UDP's, Turner Solid Diff Bushing, UUC Evo 3, and BAV Auto CDV mod

E46 M3 links:

E46 M3 wheel/tire fitment guide

Race Tires!!!

Evolve Tune+Alpha N+Euro Header Dyno, +46 rwhp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

540 with just a tune and no exhaust, down pipe, intake, intercooler etc OMG!!! This car is going to run 10s! TERRY YOU ARE THE MAN!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

I knew this was coming when you asked if my clutch was installed. Great work Terry! This car is making 540whp and 575 wtq with just some e85. I can't imagine with some downpipes and intakes possibly with meth. Maybe 580whp looks like a plausibility.

How is the LPFP and HPFP doing so far?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Goes to show what you can do when you dont have the gates blowing open from back pressure, I cannot imagine those turbos are any bigger than RB's or our stage 2's, prob just a better AR ratio and the EWG aren't getting pushed open. Quick question I would have to look, but doesn't this car have a much higher rev limit, that pretty much looks like a N54 dyno graph stopping at 7K
    Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
    N55 World Record: 487WHP / 530WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
    N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
    N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

There is definitely going to be a lot more potential with the platform as additional hard parts are developed. But as far as our development car goes no plans to do anything else to it. A 100% stock car with E50 making 540whp will suit me just fine. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goes to show what you can do when you dont have the gates blowing open from back pressure, I cannot imagine those turbos are any bigger than RB's or our stage 2's. Quick question I would have to look, but doesn't this car have a much higher rev limit, that pretty much looks like a N54 dyno graph stopping at 7K
    Yes it will rev out to 7500rpm or so. When I saw how power was dropping off started just letting off around 7000rpm. No point in beating on it up there when it isn't making any more power.

On the turbos I think they just flow more personally. Then again it's 15k more than an N55 what do you expect. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yes it will rev out to 7500rpm or so. When I saw how power was dropping off started just letting off around 7000rpm. No point in beating on it up there when it isn't making any more power.

On the turbos I think they just flow more personally. Then again it's 15k more than an N55 what do you expect. Click here to enlarge
    That tells me the turbos are just about tapped, you are able to hold more boost to redline because of the EWG's, but up top BP is becoming an issue just like the N54
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is exciting! I did predict these numbers but I didn't predict them on bone stock hardware with E85. Do you have timing corrections and fuel pressure logging here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

Yes definitely was reaching the limits up top. At least for a 100% stock car. Maybe with a modified exhaust, IC, etc, there is more in there. If anyone shows up to the dyno with hard parts I'll be happy to help them explore that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Ps, if I didn't state for the record. This is bad ass...Click here to enlarge Very excited to develop a turbo upgrade for these
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    This is exciting! I did predict these numbers but I didn't predict them on bone stock hardware with E85. Do you have timing corrections and fuel pressure logging here?
    With the F series instead of ignition corrections per cylinder you get something called ignition roughness per cylinder. It's actually a more useful value for tuning. I've collected a lot of data but we are only sharing the basics for now.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Wow! Crazy results! I was just looking at one of these at the dealer today. Nice car....

Evolve Supercharged ///M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Terry, what are you doing in terms of keeping the DCT in check from slipping, are you using the same method of sending an offset signal to the TCU as you did with the 335is DCT from what was understood, or was this incorrect ?
    BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
    DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Terry, what are you doing in terms of keeping the DCT in check from slipping, are you using the same method of sending an offset signal to the TCU as you did with the 335is DCT from what was understood, or was this incorrect ?
    So far we've not had to do anything special for it. I'll keep an eye on it though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Wow. Terry you are on a roll this week man!

That car must be FAST in that trim.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

In for new vbox 60-130 and 1/4 mile times. Awesome results T!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ps, if I didn't state for the record. This is bad ass...Click here to enlarge Very excited to develop a turbo upgrade for these
    Agreed. Will be interesting with the new intercooler setups as well and the way the solenoid and car works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

So if the power is dropping off at 7k and it seems like the turbos are tapping out... What is a safe tune to run on this car? The power you made is great but this tune would be a turbo killer...am I right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I want one Click here to enlarge
    2008 E92 M3 - 6MT - Jerez Black
    | Evolve Tuned |

2015 MK7 GTI - DSG - Pearl Black
    | Eurodyne Tuned |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The E9x M3s are going to become obsolete. Congrats Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Well you just ruined this thread. Not even joking. 3...2...1... S65 vs S55 petty argument time.
    Website - Email

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Well you just ruined this thread. Not even joking. 3...2...1... S65 vs S55 petty argument time.
    Stock hardware for stock hardware there is nothing to argue about.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 07-03-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Vroom vroooooom
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Just like the e46 m3 being obsolete?

Lol.... No way in hell

Drive a proper supercharged s65 and you'll agree

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast