Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Turbocharged 991 generation 2015 GT3RS revealed... in a scale model?

    Stranger things have happened but it looks like the new 991 generation GT3 RS may have been leaked early from an unexpected source. The internet is abuzz with this picture of a scale model that looks to be a GT3 RS. This really feels like people at grasping at straws for GT3 RS info but the model definitely matches the spyphotos of the GT3 RS that have been passed around.

    The new GT3 RS may also get turbo power although it is nothing more than a rumor at this point. This picture originated in the same place that started the turbo rumor so either they have some kind of source that is leaking things to them or they are creating a hype storm for hits.

    At this point, only Porsche knows the truth of what is going on so we will wait and see.

    Click here to enlarge



    Source

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Something smells fishy...same place originated this? Hmmmm....

    I just cannot for the life of me understand why Porsche would call a turbo'd GT3 a GT3...that's a GT2...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Something smells fishy...same place originated this? Hmmmm....
    Fishy is right!

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    168
    Rep Points
    219.9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    It's hard to tell from that model, but it still looks like it lacks the intercooler outlets in the rear bumper that would indicate it's actually turbocharged, similar to the spy shots posted earlier.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andrew20195 Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to tell from that model, but it still looks like it lacks the intercooler outlets in the rear bumper that would indicate it's actually turbocharged, similar to the spy shots posted earlier.
    It's somewhat flawed to base this stuff on a model anyway but I'm amazed how many big sites are picking this up and ignoring that the F80 M3 is severely underrated.

    WTF is wrong with these people?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    47
    Rep Points
    114.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    it'd be a shame if Porsche turbo'ed the RS
    COBB, ER FMIC Full Kit, AR DPs, Forge DVs, aFe Stage 2 Sealed Intake, HKS exhaust, RB PCV upgrade

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihc95 Click here to enlarge
    it'd be a shame if Porsche turbo'ed the RS
    Agreed I don't really understand it but I also don't know why they would then call it a GT3 when they established the GT2 name.

    This all just does not make logical sense.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Big discussion with this over on Jalopnik...it's perfectly reasonable for a GT3 to have fender vents, in fact the RSR cars do I believe. It's just extra cooling for the engine and other fluid coolers, nothing else. Also, that black prototype that was running on the ring sounds nothing like a turbo 3.8 and sounds exactly like the GT3. And it has the fender vents. Also this car is missing the actual intakes that the turbo car would need. I see not one shred of evidence that the new "GT3 RS" will be turbo'd. All I see is an extremely well-designed GT3 RS with a maybe 500+ hp version of the 3.8.

    Side note...track tests have the new GT3 lapping a 2.5 mile track quicker than literally about anything else ever made short of a 918/P1/LF. It's insane, I don't understand. Evo is about to publish a test where it loses to a 458 S by only .02...and that's because it was privately owned by someone who literally just had the engine replaced. Wasn't even properly broken in yet. The regular GT3 is just insane, the RS should be perhaps the most fearsome street car you can buy for anything less than a million. I'm already way too excited for it.

    Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Big discussion with this over on Jalopnik...it's perfectly reasonable for a GT3 to have fender vents, in fact the RSR cars do I believe. It's just extra cooling for the engine and other fluid coolers, nothing else. Also, that black prototype that was running on the ring sounds nothing like a turbo 3.8 and sounds exactly like the GT3. And it has the fender vents. Also this car is missing the actual intakes that the turbo car would need. I see not one shred of evidence that the new "GT3 RS" will be turbo'd. All I see is an extremely well-designed GT3 RS with a maybe 500+ hp version of the 3.8.

    Side note...track tests have the new GT3 lapping a 2.5 mile track quicker than literally about anything else ever made short of a 918/P1/LF. It's insane, I don't understand. Evo is about to publish a test where it loses to a 458 S by only .02...and that's because it was privately owned by someone who literally just had the engine replaced. Wasn't even properly broken in yet. The regular GT3 is just insane, the RS should be perhaps the most fearsome street car you can buy for anything less than a million. I'm already way too excited for it.

    Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.
    Let's assume there is a need for increased cooling I suppose the vents make sense. We have never seen the vents with a GT3 based road car before so this would be new. But.. why doesn't the standard GT3 have them then?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.
    I seriously don't know. Submit it man...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think maybe they just assumed it wouldn't need it...I'm guessing they're really pushing it with the RS and they want a margin of safety? Not sure. More cooling can't hurt. Is there a history of better cooing in the RS? Not like there needs to be but I think there might be. I guess too that you could say its more likely that RS owners are going to track the car even more, and push it harder. Given its increased potential, the extra cooling is probably necessary.

    I'm going to, its huge news.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to, its huge news.
    Awesome! Use the content page though @leveraged sellout

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What is that, pardon my asking. I'm still pretty bad at actually using all the features of the site somehow.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    What is that, pardon my asking. I'm still pretty bad at actually using all the features of the site somehow.
    This link: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...a-Stage-I-tune

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oh duh. Alright thanks will do. Hopefully can get some attention.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •