Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Porsche celebrates their return to Le Mans with a limited edition 'Martini Racing' Porsche 991 Carrera S

The Martini racing livery should be instantly recognizable to even casual automotive enthusiasts. The Martini livery famously was used on Porsche race cars in the 1970's many of which raced at Le Mans. As Porsche is returning to challenge for the overall 24 Hour of Le Mans title they have opted to release a limited edition 911 Carrera S wearing the Martini theme to commemorate the occasion. Only 80 models will be produced.

Want one? Well, you better live in Europe, China, Japan, or Latin America. The USA gets left out but considering that this car is basically a Carrera S with a Martini theme it is not a big deal. If you want this livery badly enough there are plenty of wrap options out there to replicate it for far less money.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

911 in traditional race outfit for Le Mans comeback by Porsche

Stuttgart. Porsche Exclusive is issuing the "Martini Racing Edition" of the 911 Carrera S to coincide with this year's 24 hours of Le Mans race. Marking the return of Porsche to endurance motorsport is a limited edition 911 in traditional Martini racing design, which reflects the styling of Porsche race cars of the 1970s. The 911 Carrera S pays tribute to the successes of the legendary Porsche Le Mans race cars such as the 917 and the 935 "Moby Dick". The special edition is limited to 80 units and will be exclusively sold in select markets of Europe, in China, Japan and in Latin America. For select 911 models, Porsche Tequipment will be selling the exclusive Martini decal set as an aftermarket kit in Germany and other markets.

The "Martini Racing Edition" of the 911 Carrera S is available in the monochrome body colours white and black. The boot lid, roof section, rear wing and vehicle's sides are accentuated by the "Martini Racing Design" decor set with the characteristic blue-red Martini colour pattern. The special front apron of the Aerokit Cup has an optimised spoiler lip which gives the vehicle an even more distinctive appearance. The aerodynamic counterpart is the fixed rear spoiler of the Aerokit Cup, which rounds out the car's sporty look.

When entering the car, the stainless steel door sill panels with the red illuminated "911 Carrera S Martini Racing Edition" badge already identify this car as an exclusive limited edition. The interior package includes dashboard accents in body colour with the "Martini Racing Edition" badge. The Martini Porsche also has a sport design steering wheel and the Sport Chrono package as standard. The extensive standard equipment is complemented by such features as Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module, a Bose sound system, tachometer with black gauge dial and all-electric sport seats in black leather.

The heart that beats in the Martini Porsche is a 3.8-litre flat six-cylinder engine with 400 hp. This 911 matches the level of dynamic performance of the regular 911 Carrera S: The car accelerates to 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds with a PDK gearbox and activated Sport Plus button. Its combined fuel consumption, on the other hand, is familiarly moderate at 8.7 litres per 100 km (CO2 emissions: 202 g/km).

Starting in June 2014, the Porsche 911 Carrera S "Martini Racing Edition" will launch in the European markets of Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Finland and Great Britain. Starting in August 2014, the special edition will also be available in China, and from October 2014 in Japan and in Latin America.

911 Carrera S Martini Racing: Fuel consumption: urban 12.1 l/100 km; extra-urban 6.7l/100 km; combined 8.7l/100 km; CO2 emissions 202 g/km; efficiency class: G**

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Very pretty, but (and maybe this is just me) I'd feel like a huge tool driving around with race livery on my street car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Very pretty, but (and maybe this is just me) I'd feel like a huge tool driving around with race livery on my street car.
    If it was on this I wouldn't mind:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I could probably make an exception for that :p One of my buddies drove a 4.0, said it was unreal. I haven't been so lucky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    I could probably make an exception for that :p One of my buddies drove a 4.0, said it was unreal. I haven't been so lucky.
    The 4.0 is mindblowing.
    Jeff Zwarts is for sale right now - not sure why he's selling it as it was a paint to sample and probably the nicest 4.0 RS made. It will probably sell North of $400k which will set the bar REALLY high and these things are already commanding HUGE prices in a storm of collectability.

http://roadscholars.com/inventory/20...int-to-sample/

I'm actually going to drive a 2008 GT3 RS today. They are an absolute steal right now and the prices are starting to go up since it will be the last manual GT3 made. Once I find a good one, it's going straight to SharkWerks for their 3.9L conversion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

$400k? Car isn't worth that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Funny you mention that - the one I'm looking at today is white with the graphics delete package and I also thought about doing Martini livery stripes. It would look sick...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

@LZH are you going to buy it? White w/graphics delete is exactly perfect...the only thing better would be if it was in Signal Green. That would be the perfect 911.

The price premium on the 4 liter cars seems to have no end in sight, although if they're getting up to 400k now I don't know if it can get much higher. Especially since you're getting to CGT prices then. Although a quick check on the CGT "market" (only a few cars for sale currently) right now shows that you can't get one for less than a half mill.