Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What could cause uncontrollable high trims

Before I get into any of my logs or issues that I am having. Can anyone explain to me what could cause your trims to be significantly higher than they otherwise should with BMS flash maps. For example i rose the scalar on e85 AT map to 1.68 and with 100% with and e30 my trims still max and cause the car to go to map 4 (stock) on any map with and def without meth. I cant raise them high enough for this to be eliminated at all. The race map i can raise to 1.64 from 1.48 same story. I can no longer go WOT a few times in a row ever where before the latest few updates and a brand new HPFP that holds well I never ever had trim issues.

e30
    6 AT with RBs FBO
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you reset STFT and LTFT? Did Cobb ever mention if there is an upper threshold for fuel scalers before the DME just says "no"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea i have via bt tool and with jb , ive been working with justin (v8bait) when we have time to coordinate and he last said the same thing as i think which is , really not sure why trims are so high ....

wedge has sent me maps that do not max trims, still are high , but my post shift timing with any map he has sent me is brutal despite many revisions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had to adjust my fuel scalar up, but that fixed my issue. I'm pretty load and injector duty cycle are correlated. I found that when I increased target load, my trims balanced out. However, post-shift timing can be bad for us ijeos people with increased load targets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of lpfp setup do you have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any number of causes. You'd want to look a specific logs to identify specific issues with your setup.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just out of curiosity have you reset adaptations via BT or inpa recently? That helped me when I was having trim issues

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Like terry said, It is a number of things. You need to have to look at the logs and fine tune the flash. I do my own custom flash. I run 100% e85 with stock hpfp with out any issues. You just have to post logs to see what is wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I only ask since the Cobb help file recommends a scaler of 1.1 for E30, and upwards of 1.4 (max) for E85. I understand this is rather low given I use 1.15 on stock turbos @ 18psi, with meth.

Did you log LTFTs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes. I added the inline before I run 100% e85. I don't want to over work my pumps. I will upload few logs after i figure out how to use thsi datazap thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cobb recommends those values because the boost the dme sees is actual. When you are running low load targets flash side and high boost with a piggyback, the trims are what make up the difference. 19psi with rb's on low load flashes for automatics necessitates high scalars to make up the difference (trims have a max value), even with pump gas. I think there were some other things going on too though, but his trims were pretty high considering he has meth injection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm on stock lpfp, running straight 93 on Justins newest file he sent which modifies Terry's race or e85 map has trims sitting at around 40 on bms program on 50 scale. With 100% meth on map 7 or map3 with 40 add, this was not the case at all two months ago. Just now with latest file Justin sent was the first time I was able to log with over five pulls without defaulting to map 4

I have fifty to a hundred logs I can post but been sharing with those who have been helping the most and I appreciate that. Wedge maps are not compatible with my car, period, I flatline horribly throa check engine light half engines, given up there. Justin @V8Bait has been a humongous help so hopefully he can get to the bottom of this. I sent Terry logs and comments, he sent me new firmware but justin really explains things which has been very helpful as well as added the 3d scalar and other Changes.. The latest map seems promise g and is usable on 93oct but trims are already sky high on pump gas makes no sense.. Adding any e85 will be tough..

FYI I went low 11s at 126 on stock lpfp with zero trim issues two months ago, latest iso fm, latest bb maps, and new hpfp seem to be only variables...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also adoptions have been reset in bt program several times

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    might be a long shot, but the pre cat O2 sensors if on the way out can cause this. Have you had any lamba codes?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There is a test in INPA that can give you some idea of how your O2 sensors are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't but thought of this as well , rbs are smoking with 5k on them so I won't replace until I ditch them or rebuild them .. Good thought for sure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not entirely sure the open flash 3D fuel trims actually work right. Has anyone verified it?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'm not entirely sure the open flash 3D fuel trims actually work right. Has anyone verified it?
    justins map has been working better than anything else recently... flatline is not an issue as it was with wedges maps that were revised several times resulting in strange car behaviors , cels, abnormal loss of high pressure...

v8Bait just modified your maps with his touches and the driveability is great and gas mileage seems to be improved as well but that can not be wirrten in anything other than pencil on scrap paper right now...

but I want to send you logs of each of these flashes his and yours and PLEASE give me some help lol i am losing faith, I know you are overworked busy and a family man like myself but i need help lol

but @V8Bait has literally went over and beyond what i would expect anyone to do for me... and the car for the last two days has been great, gotta get him some logs that i took today ....

this still doesnt make sense to me though and i feel it may be a hardware issue somewhere but i really dont know... terry anything on the latest jb firmware side change that could affect trims? perhaps maybe something with my jb board?

we have 1.60 scalar right now and my trims with just 93 and 100 percent meth at 18psi with rbs are hovering around 40 on the jb graph with spikes even higher lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i will post a few csvs tomorrow on here and shoot u an email T

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    justins map has been working better than anything else recently... flatline is not an issue as it was with wedges maps that were revised several times resulting in strange car behaviors , cels, abnormal loss of high pressure...

v8Bait just modified your maps with his touches and the driveability is great and gas mileage seems to be improved as well but that can not be wirrten in anything other than pencil on scrap paper right now...

but I want to send you logs of each of these flashes his and yours and PLEASE give me some help lol i am losing faith, I know you are overworked busy and a family man like myself but i need help lol

but @V8Bait has literally went over and beyond what i would expect anyone to do for me... and the car for the last two days has been great, gotta get him some logs that i took today ....

this still doesnt make sense to me though and i feel it may be a hardware issue somewhere but i really dont know... terry anything on the latest jb firmware side change that could affect trims? perhaps maybe something with my jb board?

we have 1.60 scalar right now and my trims with just 93 and 100 percent meth at 18psi with rbs are hovering around 40 on the jb graph with spikes even higher lol
    For things like that it's easiest to just post them in the n54tech support section. And email me a link to your thread if I don't notice it after a day or two. Looking to do more one on many lately than one on one. So down the road others with the same issue can find the thread and see the resolution.

But with a 1.6 fuel scalar something is seriously wrong if your trims are still maxing out! It makes me think that it's not really running a 1.6 scalar...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had the same issue. What fixed it for me was doing 1/7 in the jb4 with only the ignition on. Every time I tried to go WOT, boost would drop instantly and it would switch to map 4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno I don't use Wedge's XDF anymore but his are set up the same for the scalar I think. His first attempt didn't work IIRC, this one might not work "as expected" every time, but what on our cars does?

Map 4 (low boost), 6th gear, ~E40 fuel from a while ago.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wrong graphs edited. My phone is acting up today.
    Last edited by V8Bait; 06-05-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

If you have a 3D scalar for the ijeos shoot it over and I'll test it out. Don't have an i8a0s vehicle handy in the garage.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast