Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    lfelunden has just uploaded Alpina B3S Biturbo original software (400HP/540NM)!

    lfelunden has just uploaded Alpina B3S Biturbo original software (400HP/540NM)!

    Here is the software take

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    110,163
    Rep Points
    27,524.9
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    276


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Approved.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    719
    Rep Points
    768.8
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Automatic vs Manual?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    644
    Rep Points
    684.9
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thats juiced up.. do any XDFs work?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    AT, the xdf files do not work. Alpina made this software from scratch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    641.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice! Your car is msd81 right?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Your car is msd81 right?
    Yep MSD81!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I would not load this software on a stock 335! This runs 17.4 psi, if a good tuner gets a hold of this, more fuel and ignition and you'll make loads of power in no time, I'd prefer a downpipe, should easily do 400 whp.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
    I would not load this software on a stock 335! This runs 17.4 psi, if a good tuner gets a hold of this, more fuel and ignition and you'll make loads of power in no time, I'd prefer a downpipe, should easily do 400 whp.
    It actually doesn't look as aggressive as it sounds. It builds boost slowly to a peek at 4500 RPM and then drops back off at a pretty steep rate from there.

    Here is the Load Target values in that BIN:
    1200 - 130.00
    1500 - 144.45
    1750 - 150.90
    2000 - 149.45
    2500 - 161.00
    3000 - 162.90
    3500 - 168.45
    4000 - 169.85
    4500 - 172.45
    5000 - 168.30
    5500 - 163.50
    5750 - 160.00
    6000 - 155.90
    6500 - 144.00
    6750 - 140.65
    6950 - 133.00

    Took a quick look at the WGDC tables and they all seem to be close to stock. They are running a bit more WGDC Adder (Airflow) than a stock IJEOS ROM, but not much.

    400 - 0.00
    500 - 0.32
    650 - 1.12
    800 - 2.64
    950 - 4.11
    1100 - 4.92

    And quite a bit more WGDC Ceiling (Adder):

    700 - 65.00
    750 - 50.00
    850 - 40.00
    950 - 30.00
    1100 - 15.00
    1200 - 15.00

    WGDC PID values look stock.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Timing is a bit more aggressive overall. Significantly so in the 3500 RPM range under load.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    641.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This sounds right up my alley actually...just out of curiosity what version of software is this? Is it still IJEOS or something different?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    This sounds right up my alley actually...just out of curiosity what version of software is this? Is it still IJEOS or something different?
    It's an MSD81 derivative, but not IJEOS. I was just using the values from an IJEOS ROM for comparison to see what they changed, however the tables are in significantly different locations.

    Also they did modify the WGDC D-Factor Multiplier values to more closely mirror the boost curve they are running. The other PID values are mostly unchanged.

    And for those that have been asking a lot of questions about the WGDC (Base) table between tunes, the Alpina WGDC (Base) is identical to the stock IJEOS ROM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    64
    Rep Points
    85.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What's your method to identify maps and their locations?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Artial Click here to enlarge
    What's your method to identify maps and their locations?
    I take a known ROM and XDF and search the new ROM for the same series of values for known sections. Example: To find the WGDC (Base) table, I searched the new ROM for the same values I find on the known ROM.

    Sometimes I use portions of the table data, sometimes column or row values, and in some extreme cases I'll have to use data surrounding the table because so much has changed between ROMs.

    I'll then modify the address values in the XDF to the new locations to review the data in TunerPro.

    For quick analysis like this, when I know I'm not going to create a full XDF, I'll cheat and just set the offset in the XDF file while reviewing the data. This will offset all the address values in the XDF to by the same amount. This can allow multiple tables in a common section to "line up" and make it much faster when all I want to do is review what values are being used. This can also be helpful because it becomes very obvious if I have found the right offset for the section because multiple tables will now read correctly in TunerPro.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesertDude Click here to enlarge
    It actually doesn't look as aggressive as it sounds. It builds boost slowly to a peek at 4500 RPM and then drops back off at a pretty steep rate from there.

    Here is the Load Target values in that BIN:
    1200 - 130.00
    1500 - 144.45
    1750 - 150.90
    2000 - 149.45
    2500 - 161.00
    3000 - 162.90
    3500 - 168.45
    4000 - 169.85
    4500 - 172.45
    5000 - 168.30
    5500 - 163.50
    5750 - 160.00
    6000 - 155.90
    6500 - 144.00
    6750 - 140.65
    6950 - 133.00

    Took a quick look at the WGDC tables and they all seem to be close to stock. They are running a bit more WGDC Adder (Airflow) than a stock IJEOS ROM, but not much.

    400 - 0.00
    500 - 0.32
    650 - 1.12
    800 - 2.64
    950 - 4.11
    1100 - 4.92

    And quite a bit more WGDC Ceiling (Adder):

    700 - 65.00
    750 - 50.00
    850 - 40.00
    950 - 30.00
    1100 - 15.00
    1200 - 15.00

    WGDC PID values look stock.
    Oh sorry! I was reffering to my stage 2 software in my car now Click here to enlarge. Should be more aggresive than this one!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    19.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Here are the load values from his Stage 2 ROM:

    Click here to enlarge

    What do you guys think? Pretty aggressive up top, eh?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    89.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Where is posted his Stage 2? I can't find it.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesertDude Click here to enlarge
    Here are the load values from his Stage 2 ROM:

    Click here to enlarge

    What do you guys think? Pretty aggressive up top, eh?
    Do you think I would benefit much from RBs? Maybe even crank boost up to 20 psi at 5000-6250 rpm?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    89.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I managed to identify some tables. From what I can see the P-factor table is not stock, it contains modified values. I-factor and D- Factor tables are identical to stock tabels.
    Here is a screen shot of P-factor, I-factor and D-factor tables.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston under a book
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Points
    1,638.9
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You usually want to keep the I and D factors stock, or at least their ratios similar unless you've really changed things turbo side. P factor is the best one to start with for more boost, the other two I don't like touching either so that's not surprising to me. Interesting stuff!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Points
    641.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyone test this out in an american market car yet? Curious if its the same as just flashing over an ije0s file or if there will be issues

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    94
    Rep Points
    89.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DesertDude Click here to enlarge
    Timing is a bit more aggressive overall. Significantly so in the 3500 RPM range under load.
    It is normal, Alpina b3 has lower compresion ratio.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    403
    Rep Points
    419.0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey guys -

    Any chance the Alpina D5 TCU flile is available to flash the 2014 USA 535D XDrive?

    If not, what would it take to get it? Would we need someone with a D5 in Europe to read their file name and see if this file is bundled with the OEM software, just like how we found the Alpina B3 file for the N54??

    Any help is much appreciated!
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys -

    Any chance the Alpina D5 TCU flile is available to flash the 2014 USA 535D XDrive?

    If not, what would it take to get it? Would we need someone with a D5 in Europe to read their file name and see if this file is bundled with the OEM software, just like how we found the Alpina B3 file for the N54??

    Any help is much appreciated!
    I'll look it up, I'm pretty sure that I can find it

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    423
    Rep Points
    413.5
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys -

    Any chance the Alpina D5 TCU flile is available to flash the 2014 USA 535D XDrive?

    If not, what would it take to get it? Would we need someone with a D5 in Europe to read their file name and see if this file is bundled with the OEM software, just like how we found the Alpina B3 file for the N54??

    Any help is much appreciated!
    If you know the name of the ECU on the ZF8HP70 that would be great Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •