Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New lighter and performance focused Bentley Continental GT Supersports coming with V8 power

Bentley produced a Continental GT Supersports model before with the previous generation car. That car had the 6.0 liter twin turbo W12 motor with output bumped to 621 horsepower and E85 ethanol capability standard. It also was lightened 243 pounds and received revised suspension and carbon ceramic brakes.

Expect something similar for the new Supersports model except that this time it will have V8 power using a higher output version of the Audi sourced 4.0 TFSI V8. The motor is very capable and tuner friendly so while it will not have the displacement of the V12 the much lighter weight and better weight distribution will mean the V8 should run circles around the V12 on the track which is what this car is about.

Bentley is producing cars for GT3 racing so they intend to tie this model to their efforts in motorsports. Bentley has yet to officially confirm this model but it testing sure points toward production.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've always liked the Continental GT and I didn't know the previous Supersports was E85 compatible. Very cool.

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)