Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The quickest and fastest F10 M5 1/4 mile time stands at 11.0 @ 128

We have a new overall F10 M5 record set this past weekend at the Famoso dragstrip in California. This M5 features a tune from BMS (Burger Tuning), exhaust system (manufacturer and exhaust pieces are not specified), drag tires, and 100 octane race gas. The result with bolt ons is an impressive 11.073 @ 128.68. Yes, that is less than a 1/10 of a second from breaking into the 10 second range.

Click here to enlarge

The 1.706 60 foot shows a very good launch and the car is breaking 100 miles per hour in the 1/8. Some minor tweaks and we will have our first 10 second F10 M5.

Congratulations to the owner and BMS on the new record.

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, article status! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any idea what the exhaust mods are on the car Terry? Is it downpipes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know exactly. Driver will chime in eventually.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That thing is hauling the mail!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn that's awesome. Hell give it the ceramic brakes to drop 45 pounds of rotational mass and you might be right there. This is awesome. Take that, AMG. Who needs AWD with a launch like that :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It actually would probably already be there with ceramics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Finally, a good quality vid run of BMS tuning. I grew tired of looking at cryPhone videos. Congrats...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Damn that's awesome. Hell give it the ceramic brakes to drop 45 pounds of rotational mass and you might be right there. This is awesome. Take that, AMG. Who needs AWD with a launch like that :p
    Take what? Still lagg'in behind M157.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    you look happy with the 11.0 lool try to write on google cls63 drag race .. maybe you will get mad if you searched for lol

the m5 is a really perfect car but i don't like it on TRACK ..
    My life is a never ending race, and my home is the race track

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've heard of these ceramic brakes but no idea on the cost. Anyone have a link? 45#s would be nice...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry they are about 18k to retrofit, feel free to PM me if you'd like more info and to as why I know.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Flipping quick 4500 lb beast
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Flipping quick 4500 lb beast
    Eh more like 4350, closer to 4300 with the brakes and forged wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
    you look happy with the 11.0 lool try to write on google cls63 drag race .. maybe you will get mad if you searched for lol

Not sure what you're trying to say....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Take what? Still lagg'in behind M157.
    You mean the M157 that has flash tunes available, and turbo upgrades? Considering this is a piggyback, exhaust, tires, and 100 octane, I'd say it's doing just fine. I love the M157 but this engine is just as impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge

You realize there are tracks that aren't straight lines right? Besides i don't know about you but i love my track cars in manual, something the cls will never have...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Terry they are about 18k to retrofit, feel free to PM me if you'd like more info and to as why I know.
    Wow, seriously expensive! A bit too rich for my blood. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sahyoun Click here to enlarge
    You realize there are tracks that aren't straight lines right?
    Old wives tale.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You mean the M157 that has flash tunes available, and turbo upgrades? Considering this is a piggyback, exhaust, tires, and 100 octane, I'd say it's doing just fine. I love the M157 but this engine is just as impressive.
    Stock turbo, pump gas, tune, downpipes M157 did 10.6 @ 135.

Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Stock turbo, pump gas, tune, downpipes M157 did 10.6 @ 135.

Cheers
    The E63 is a better "performance" platform in many ways. There is no replacement for displacement after all. But I wouldn't trade our M5 for one. The rest of E63 leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the M5 IMHO. Not to mention the E63 mods are quite expensive in comparison.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M5 has yet to show upgraded turbo performance and tuning the DME is in its infancy. The jury is still out on which is better. Considering the top mount turbos and higher redline paired to a DCT I hardly think this is over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The m157 has been running mid 10's and low to mid 130 traps for almost 2 years now don't see how this Is a win for the m5. That's also done on stock turbo with similar upgrades to this car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M157 has been out longer. This is hardly where the M5 stops.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Impressive, most impressive. In a Star Wars mood as they are getting ready for principal photography. That F10 M5 was rolling, hard. Well done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast