Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

top mount single turbo...help

i don't know what tial wastegate spring should i choose for the top mount turbo 5862 twin scroll
    the taller springs or the shorter??

* also about the MAC boost solenoid, do i need any extra wire to complete the installation?

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

No extra wire needed on the solenoid, and you should start off with the 12 psi spring, which shouldn't be painted any color. There should be a chart that came with the wastegate.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    No extra wire needed on the solenoid, and you should start off with the 12 psi spring, which shouldn't be painted any color. There should be a chart that came with the
    wastegate.
    so ill install the upper springs in the pic, the color of them blue and white also they r taller, right

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

The Mac solenoid is simple. Plug and play into the stock solenoid harnes. Either splice the wires and connect them or cut the stock solenoid plug and soldier to the end of that so it will literally be plug and play.

For the wastegate, you will need a white and green spring I believe for 12 psi.

Im not sure which you have, the MVR or the MVS but this is the MVR chart

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    The Mac solenoid is simple. Plug and play into the stock solenoid harnes. Either splice the wires and connect them or cut the stock solenoid plug and soldier to the end of that so it will literally be plug and play.

Click here to enlarge
    thanx Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    my wastegates r 38mm MVS, how many spring should i run in the wastegate? two or 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    my wastegates r 38mm MVS, how many spring should i run in the wastegate? two or 3
    You will need two springs. White and Green just like me for 12 psi.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You will need two springs. White and Green just like me for 12 psi.

Click here to enlarge
    thanx, do u know how much is the max boost for 12psi springs, can it handle 28 psi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

thanx, do u know how much is the max boost for 12psi springs, can it handle 28 psi?
    I believe if you're using the MAC solenoid and connected them like the diagram is shown. You should theoretically be able to boost 4X the spring pressure.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I believe if you're using the MAC solenoid and connected them like the diagram is shown. You should theoretically be able to boost 4X the spring pressure.
    i connected the boost solenid, but how to power it up? theres two wires ??
    do u have a pic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

i connected the boost solenid, but how to power it up? theres two wires ??
    do u have a pic
    Yep, those two wires are the power. The solenoid goes by pulses AFAIK. Those two wires are the power and how it works.
    Burger Motorsports