Close

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Stage I APR tuned Audi RS7 4.0 TFSI V8 goes 10.69 @ 131 in the 1/4 mile

    Over 130 miles per hour of trap speed and 10's for a Stage I tune only RS7. Yep, the Audi 4.0 TFSI is a strong contender and considering this is only a Stage I tune how much faster are these things going to get with race gas and bolt ons? APR's own result with the Stage I RS7 tune was a 10.690 @ 129.32. This independent result shows the exact same 10.690 elapsed time but with a higher trap speed at 131.31 miles per hour.

    Click here to enlarge

    The RS7 and RS6 with just bolt on modifications and race gas may be capable of breaking into the 9's which for a heavy all wheel drive sedan is insane. What happens once the turbochargers get replaced we will just have to wait and see. Things are looking very, very good for the 4.0 TFSI V8 platform.

    Click here to enlarge


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DC/MD/NOVA
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    318.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    I was there for this run. $#@!ing brilliant that car and tune.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    I was there for this run. $#@!ing brilliant that car and tune.
    Interesting, you know the car?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DC/MD/NOVA
    Posts
    213
    Rep Points
    318.3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't know the guy but I saw the car in person and it was probably the most quiet 10 second car I've ever seen lol. For tune only, this is kicking serious ass. But also keep in mind this is at capitol raceway in MD. The DA on this day was -700 something. I set my PR's on this track.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    I don't know the guy but I saw the car in person and it was probably the most quiet 10 second car I've ever seen lol. For tune only, this is kicking serious ass. But also keep in mind this is at capitol raceway in MD. The DA on this day was -700 something. I set my PR's on this track.
    It's a very good point about the DA. Still those are the kind of conditions that produce record breaking runs and why people seek out 'fast' strips. The APR numbers are probably more realistic but damn...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    720.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Damn that is fast as hell for tune only, even if it was in negative 700 DA..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Especially considering its the pump gas tune.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    253.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I want to see what the AMS tuned E63 4 matic S does damn it!

    That way I'll know which one would be the better deal for a few years down the road!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    I want to see what the AMS tuned E63 4 matic S does damn it!

    That way I'll know which one would be the better deal for a few years down the road!
    I want to see it too. This is getting good Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    185.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    The 10.69 was done on race gas and the corresponding race tune FYI.
    On 93 he ran 10.8 @ 128
    He and a stg 2 s6 rented a track in MD tomorrow so hopefully we should see some good runs
    Turbo S - FBO
    Tuned Audi s6 11.461@120.34 sold
    86mph @ 17psi MoTeC powered Seadoo RXTX

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    804
    Rep Points
    641.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Damn! Good looks and it's the business too! I've seen a few RS6s and 7s around my neck of the woods - they definitely have a good presence on the road. APR - always been impressed with them. This thing is serious!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecpchris Click here to enlarge
    The 10.69 was done on race gas and the corresponding race tune FYI.
    On 93 he ran 10.8 @ 128
    He and a stg 2 s6 rented a track in MD tomorrow so hopefully we should see some good runs
    Are you sure? This was posted as Stage I. Stage II is the race gas tune as I understand it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    185.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    100% I'll bet you 100 rep points . Stg 1 has 91/93/100 octane settings. Software only. Stage 2 is down pipes and intake with supporting software
    Turbo S - FBO
    Tuned Audi s6 11.461@120.34 sold
    86mph @ 17psi MoTeC powered Seadoo RXTX

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecpchris Click here to enlarge
    100% I'll bet you 100 rep points . Stg 1 has 91/93/100 octane settings. Software only. Stage 2 is down pipes and intake with supporting software
    I'm not disagreeing with you just trying to get clarification. APR stated that their run was on pump gas. If this is race gas in negative DA shouldn't it be a greater increase or was it race fuel without the race fuel setting?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    185.7
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Damn I just wanted rep points.
    It was race gas and race map but he couldn't avoid the water box and likely spun. His 60 ft was $#@!, I believe 1.8. For comparison, I cut a 1.55 with my s6 and ran 11.4.
    The dude is going to a track rental tomorrow and is going to try some different things (tire pressure, etc). Should see some better ETs but likely not better traps
    Turbo S - FBO
    Tuned Audi s6 11.461@120.34 sold
    86mph @ 17psi MoTeC powered Seadoo RXTX

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecpchris Click here to enlarge
    Damn I just wanted rep points.
    It was race gas and race map but he couldn't avoid the water box and likely spun. His 60 ft was $#@!, I believe 1.8. For comparison, I cut a 1.55 with my s6 and ran 11.4.
    The dude is going to a track rental tomorrow and is going to try some different things (tire pressure, etc). Should see some better ETs but likely not better traps
    This is all great info, thanks.

    The 60 foot is 1.69 though so it's hardly bad.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •