Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Audi's 4.0 TFSI approaching 700 all wheel horsepower with a tune and exhaust? Yep. APR Stage 2 RS7/RS6 tune hits 680 wheel horsepower

This is almost getting absurd. APR is dialing in their Stage 2 tune for the RS6/RS7 4.0 TFSI twin turbocharged and direct injected V8 and the results are jaw dropping. They are still working on this tune but preliminary figures with just the software and a cat delete show 680 horsepower at all four wheels on their Dynapack. Feel free to take a moment for that to sink in. That is just shy of 700 horsepower at all four wheels with just software and exhaust modifications.

With additional bolt ons it looks like the 4.0 TFSI will be capable of surpassing 700 at the wheels before anyone even needs to modify the turbochargers. You thought the AMG M157 would be the king of German V8 turbo tuning due to its 5.5 liters of displacement? Think again.

APR managed a 10.6 @ 129 in the 1/4 mile with their RS7 on a Stage I tune. That was accomplished with roughly ~600 wheel horsepower. It looks like the Stage 2 setup on race gas has a shot at breaking into the 9's. Wow.

(before someone tries to be smart and point out why the horsepower and torque do not cross at 5252 it is due to the horsepower and torque being scaled to show max figures)

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    APR has done it again. The f10 M5 should be on that level with racegas too. Dont forget their dyno reads higher than the regular dynojet. Still very very impressive for a 4.0L V8TT compared to others.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    APR has done it again. The f10 M5 should be on that level with racegas too. Dont forget their dyno reads higher than the regular dynojet. Still very very impressive for a 4.0L V8TT compared to others.
    This level? I don't know about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn...that's pretty crazy.

They're taking it to TX2k14 today to run some cars. If it's making that kind of power with tune and cat removal, how long until a company like AMS starts doing ALPHA packages?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Talk about a strong platform, kudos to Audi. They need a 3.0TT V6 in the next S4/RS4 which would down relatively insane numbers with very little modification just like its big brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure APR will have these things at 1000 hp by next year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rs97 Click here to enlarge
    Talk about a strong platform, kudos to Audi. They need a 3.0TT V6 in the next S4/RS4 which would down relatively insane numbers with very little modification just like its big brother.
    They are going to go to a turbo V6 I just don't think it will be similar to this architecture.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge 700 whp
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This level? I don't know about that.
    Was this run stage 2 from APR done with racegas? If not then yea, the f10 M5 has no chance.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was this run stage 2 from APR done with racegas? If not then yea, the f10 M5 has no chance.
    Even if it's with race gas which I think it is how is an M5 matching this? The M157 and the S63TU aren't close to this tune only with exhaust race gas or not. Yes, this dyno does read higher but still...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw the new RS7 at the KC auto show! Talk about sexy! All that from a stage 2 tune and a Cat delete? hmmmm..... this might be the best Super Sedan for a very long time!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    104oct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    104oct
    The m5 should have a chance then. Terry was hiting 630whp on pump gas.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The m5 should have a chance then. Terry was hiting 630whp on pump gas.
    Yeah but how hard are the BMW turbos pushed already versus Audi's?

I'm wondering how big these turbos are.

Also doesn't Terry have downpipes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but how hard are the BMW turbos pushed already versus Audi's?

I'm wondering how big these turbos are.

Also doesn't Terry have downpipes?
    To be honest, I have no clue how hard turbos on each side are being pushed. I'm sure It's the same on both companies but yes, Terry does have dps as well.

It would be good to see some 100 octane and higher psi numbers from M5, I don't see why it couldn't hit the same numbers.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be honest, I have no clue how hard turbos on each side are being pushed. I'm sure It's the same on both companies but yes, Terry does have dps as well.

It would be good to see some 100 octane and higher psi numbers from M5, I don't see why it couldn't hit the same numbers.
    We'll see I'm just not sure how much room is left. There is room left in the Audi too. Regardless, the 4.0 liter is doing some sick work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see I'm just not sure how much room is left. There is room left in the Audi too. Regardless, the 4.0 liter is doing some sick work.
    Hell yea, that 4.0L is doing serious work. Audi has always had a background of turbos so this doesn't surprise me with the competition they bring.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell yea, that 4.0L is doing serious work. Audi has always had a background of turbos so this doesn't surprise me with the competition they bring.
    I just find it interesting how stout they made it. They were like, ok, let's just give it some big top mounted turbos and beat everyone else with bigger displacement to show biggest doesn't necessarily mean best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    700 AWHP through a torque converter with a tune and downpipes?! WOW. Audi essentially delivered a 900hp motor in an incredibly slick package for a hair over $100k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want to see them start putting the RS7 turbos on the S7/S6.

Also, the Bentley motor is basically the same thing as this I think? 700 all wheel horsepower Bentley anyone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, the Bentley motor is basically the same thing as this I think? 700 all wheel horsepower Bentley anyone?
    lmao the day someone presents that you'll have bentleyboost up

if someone can come up with something to match this on the f10 m5 it would beat this for sure. nothing is impossible and even though this showed displacement isn't necessary to do big things, it's still an advantage
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    lmao the day someone presents that you'll have bentleyboost up
    BentleyBoost.com is up in Alpha stages Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't weistec hit 685 RWHP and 775 RWTQ last year on a stock turbo m157 with 93 octane?? I understand this is to all four wheels but it also is using race gas either way this is getting insane !!!! I cant wait to see what kind of ET they hit in the 1/4 mile ! Whats the trap/ET record for the m157? They are still having trouble with the 4matic drivetrain ... bummer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Whats the trap/ET record for the m157?
    I think is it: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...BIR)-11-09-129

So the RS7 surpassed it on the Stage I pump gas tune.

Weistec's figure is 618 wheel on 91 octane. I don't know what it is on race gas I could search though: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...power-for-2950

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think is it: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...BIR)-11-09-129

So the RS7 surpassed it on the Stage I pump gas tune.

Weistec's figure is 618 wheel on 91 octane. I don't know what it is on race gas I could search though: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...power-for-2950
    That was tune only i believe which goes head to head with the APR tune.'

http://benzboost.com/content.php?347...eel-horsepower

You posted this up a while ago 685 wheel HP and 765 WTQ on just 93 octane and also SAE figures on a dynojet !! Tune and down pipe only. Im pretty sure i remember a 131 or 132 trap speed from a renntech car? And the 135 from PPP that is a bit questionable but fast as fook. I think the audis will take the ET relatively easy due to AWD well see how it fares on the trap speed and hopefully we see some live races side to side for best comparison. The tq convertor on the audi might not shift as fast but it has a crazy gear ratio spread to keep that motor boiling. Its getting silly with these German biturbos bolt ons giving you almost 700 wheel !! To bad they are all land yachts i need something thats not so one dimensional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast