78 Post(s)

GTR is 2012 MY.

2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    GTBoard is known for having BMW's beating cars that should be faster. Who knows. Both are fast stock cars however I never trust their videos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yeah, that video's been questioned though, there shouldn't be THAT big of a difference, but never know, maybe there was for some reason.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I need to drive it to know that it's overpriced and under-performing for the $? I need to land on the sun to know it's hot?
    Most people don't buy supercars based on lap times. If it is slightly slower than a 458 but is more fun to drive, sounds better and is more exclusive then it is a better supercar to most people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really Come on, That is the old gtr with 485hp. OLD GTR VS NEW M5, NEXT ARGUMENT. Now let us return to regular scheduled discussion about the Eau Rouge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're talking a car that has M5 power with M3 sizing. This will DESTROY the mid-size car class (C63, M3, M4, CTS-V, RS4). Heck, it'll probably give the full-size class a good run for their money (M5, E63, RS6). If they can keep the weight close to 3700lbs, they should be good.

Regarding the improvements, you can bet that the suspension and drivetrain will be revised for sure. They don't need to go all CF everything like BMW since they don't play that game. Do you see AMG going CF everything? Nope. BMW wants to kill it on performance, specifically on the track, and thus that's their edge. Infiniti doesn't need to do this. They honestly just need to copy what the C63 did for MB. Good engine, good driving feel, and EMOOOOTIONSSSSS. The C63 is not the fastest, or the most luxurious, but the sum of its parts makes for something that toys with your heartstrings. You WANT it. The sound, the engine, the tail-happy nature. Infiniti needs to do this, but with a bit more poise. It'll be the SPEED, the power, the technology. The GTR for your two kids in the back. Plus, if they make that 20 layer paint standard, it'll stand out EVERYWHERE it goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I did, and I agree, I just don't see BMW, MB, or Audi buyers being swayed by anyone except one of the other three. Cadillac buyers on the other hand...they are the ones looking for best value in a performance luxury car, that's why they are looking at Cadillac, and why they would be open to looking at other cars.

Ya know it's funny, you talk to some people, even people that have owned Acura, Lexus, Audi, and Cadillac, and it's just funny to hear them talk about how they view each brand and its models.
    With the next gen CTS-V going up to $75k+ is it really that great of a value any longer? Still cheaper than an M5, RS7, or E63 but it's creeping up there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Most people don't buy supercars based on lap times. If it is slightly slower than a 458 but is more fun to drive, sounds better and is more exclusive then it is a better supercar to most people.
    I don't see that as the criteria. If it was all about exclusivity just buy a couple one-off cars. It has to be able to back up the performance as well. The LF-A is just underwhelming for what it is. Styling wise, performance wise, everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

With the next gen CTS-V going up to $75k+ is it really that great of a value any longer? Still cheaper than an M5, RS7, or E63 but it's creeping up there.
    Sure, but the M5 and just BMW's in general have also creeped up. M5 starts at $93k, and I doubt you'll find many on a lot optioned to sell under a $100k, so yeah, I'd still call the CTS-V a value luxury performance car. MB AMG is even more, not really sure where Audi RS7 is, but I think a bit more than an M5 as well.

Out of curiosity just double checked starting prices-

1. Audi RS7- $105k

4. MB E63 AMG- $93k

2. BMW M5- $93k

3. Cadillac CTS-V- $65k

And I have to say MB is EASILY at the bottom of the list when it comes to styling between all of them. I put my styling ranking to the side, so the question is, where would this infiniti fall?
    Last edited by mjmarovi; 03-06-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I don't see that as the criteria. If it was all about exclusivity just buy some a couple one-off cars. It has to be able to back up the performance as well. The LF-A is just underwhelming for what it is. Styling wise, performance wise, everything.
    I agree in terms of outright performance it is decidedly middling. It is not the car I would buy with however many hundreds of thousands it costs.

But that motor is a gem. Not sure what’s out there that sounds better, maybe an S85, maybe.

As for the Infiniti...LMK when the R35VQ ends up in a production sedan. I won't be holding my breath waiting.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

BMW shoved a V10 that revved to over 8000 rpm in a sedan almost a decade ago. Porsche did it with the Carrera GT (which is a more impressive car and makes more power than the LF-A) way before Lexus as well.

I mean seriously, the Carrera GT is a better car than the LF-A and looks like a real supercar. I'll give the LF-A props on its redline I guess but BMW has even arguably the more capable V10 that they stuck in a sedan for a fraction of the price years earlier and can be picked up for less than the LF-A's brakes probably cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Fair enough. At the same time, Porsche CGT is a pretty epic car, probably my favorite production motor of the last decade plus.

There are def better alternatives for the money than the LFA, bottom line.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Sure, but the M5 and just BMW's in general have also creeped up. M5 starts at $93k, and I doubt you'll find many on a lot optioned to sell under a $100k, so yeah, I'd still call the CTS-V a value luxury performance car. MB AMG is even more, not really sure where Audi RS7 is, but I think a bit more than an M5 as well.

Out of curiosity just double checked starting prices-

1. Audi RS7- $105k

4. MB E63 AMG- $93k

2. BMW M5- $93k

3. Cadillac CTS-V- $65k

And I have to say MB is EASILY at the bottom of the list when it comes to styling between all of them. I put my styling ranking to the side, so the question is, where would this infiniti fall?
    I would think they would have to be very close in pricing with the Cadillac and push for a tad under them for this car to be desirable.

What I don't understand is why they didn't re-engineer a new body style based off the q50 that is not so similar in looks to a car that cost 35k. I think it would sell better in a unique body style aimed at higher profile buyers. As of now it looks like its shooting for people in the younger demographic who will more than likely be reaching out of the means to purchase this car.

Someone with 90k to spend will most likely opt for the BMW Audi or MB IMO with it looking exactly like a q50 with a stupid body kit.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I want them to make it, keep everyone on their toes. Competition is good for the consumer
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/6/8...nsive-7720764/

he Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Will be Damn Expensive

Infiniti Nissan Limited Edition Production Sedan Pricing
    And very much a limited edition project.
    Originally revealed as a concept at this years Detroit Auto Show, the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge managed to garner even more attention when it was announced that the car if and when it made production would feature the Nissan GT-Rs engine. Also, it was said that the sedans take on the 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 will be tuned to create 560 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque. Now, the Infiniti boss has told Motor Trend precisely how unattainable this greatness will be to the average buyer.

Click here to enlarge

While stating that he is in fact pushing for the Eau Rouges production, Johan de Nysschen said that the car, requiring extensive hand-crafting, would in fact lose money for the company with every unit sold. Thus, it is likely to be limited to a two-year run, with 250-500 units manufactured each year. To get your hands on this special edition, youll have to dig deep into your pockets and come up with upwards of $100,000.

Click here to enlarge

- See more at: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/6/8....GLy724Is.dpuf

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warpeacelove Click here to enlarge
    http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/6/8...nsive-7720764/

he Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Will be Damn Expensive

Infiniti Nissan Limited Edition Production Sedan Pricing
    And very much a limited edition project.
    Originally revealed as a concept at this year’s Detroit Auto Show, the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge managed to garner even more attention when it was announced that the car – if and when it made production – would feature the Nissan GT-R’s engine. Also, it was said that the sedan’s take on the 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 will be tuned to create 560 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque. Now, the Infiniti boss has told Motor Trend precisely how unattainable this greatness will be to the average buyer.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...6/402098-1.jpg

While stating that he is in fact pushing for the Eau Rouge’s production, Johan de Nysschen said that the car, requiring extensive hand-crafting, would in fact lose money for the company with every unit sold. Thus, it is likely to be limited to a two-year run, with 250-500 units manufactured each year. To get your hands on this special edition, you’ll have to dig deep into your pockets and come up with upwards of $100,000.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...6/402100-1.jpg

- See more at: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/6/8....GLy724Is.dpuf
    Dear sir: http://www.infinitiboost.com/content...e-over-100-000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123