Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Ferrari and Maserati sharing turbo motors now? California has new turbo V8

    Anyone have this down? Trying to figure out who has what engines.

    Just wrapped up LamboBoost and now I'm moving to MaseratiBoost (going in alphabetical order in case anyone is wondering) and the new Ferrari California has a turbo V8.

    3.9 liter, 560 horsepower:

    The direct-injection, 3885 cc turbo 8-cylinder is mounted very low in the chassis in a mid-front position and delivers 560 cv at 7500 rpm, which translates into a specific power output of 145 cv/l – the highest in its category – as along with maximum torque of 755 Nm

    Click here to enlarge

    So what motors are shared? Does anyone know or do I need to go on a googling spree?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    756.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's the other way around, Ferrari has always made the motors for Maserati starting with the 4.2 V8 after Fiat took Maserati under their wing.

    Click here to enlarge

    /
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    It's the other way around, Ferrari has always made the motors for Maserati starting with the 4.2 V8 after Fiat took Maserati under their wing.
    Well they might be manufactured at the same factory but there were significant internal changes between the motors.

    Regardless, now there seems to be sharing? Is this Ferrari V8 turbo shared with a Maserati V8 turbo?

    I'm trying to get a grasp on Maserati right now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    756.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well they might be manufactured at the same factory but there were significant internal changes between the motors.

    Regardless, now there seems to be sharing? Is this Ferrari V8 turbo shared with a Maserati V8 turbo?

    I'm trying to get a grasp on Maserati right now.
    Same motor found in the new Quattroporte, but with more power...

    Click here to enlarge

    /
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    841
    Rep Points
    1,035.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    11


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just wrapped up LamboBoost and now I'm moving to MaseratiBoost (going in alphabetical order in case anyone is wondering)
    Did you get FerrariBoost too? I love the California.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    Same motor found in the new Quattroporte, but with more power...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eVpYSIiI8w
    That's what I was looking for, thank you. Repped.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wildride Click here to enlarge
    Did you get FerrariBoost too? I love the California.
    Of course.

    Pretty much everythingboost or everythingrelevantboost

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    756.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's what I was looking for, thank you. Repped.
    No prob...I can't wait to see what they do with this motor when it's used for the 458 replacement!

    Click here to enlarge

    /
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,727
    Rep Points
    31,540.7
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    No prob...I can't wait to see what they do with this motor when it's used for the 458 replacement!
    Same!

    I love how everyone is going to boost. My whole plan may actually come together.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    756.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge

    /
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •