Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Embarrassing? ESS VT3-750 built motor supercharged S65 V8 1/4 mile numbers - 10.8@135

This is so weak for a built motor M3 S65 I'm embarrassed for the platform.

The ESS VT3 setups can't even beat the stock internal S65 V8 ET and the trap is just 3.5 miles per hour higher than the VT650? Seriously?

VT3-750:

Click here to enlarge

VT2-650:

Click here to enlarge

I thought the VT3 setup may at least pose some kind of challenge but... well this is going to be too easy. The difference in skill level between the built motor platforms is going to be night and day.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Idk why you get your panties in a bunch when Drews numbers come into play. Give it a rest, should I bring up how the cobalt SS trapped 139 and your car can't even do that compared to half the motor? No, I don't bring up bull$#@! that doesn't need to be addressed.

This is on mild boost I believe 11 lbs, with stock tires and setup and like 3 gallons of racegas. I'm sure it has much much more in it... AFAIK, this is the fastest trap for an e9x in a 1/4 no? @Terry@BMS was there that day, he can probably verify.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Idk why you get your panties in a bunch when Drews numbers come into play. Give it a rest, should I bring up how the cobalt SS trapped 139 and your car can't even do that compared to half the motor? No, I don't bring up bull$#@! that doesn't need to be addressed.

This is on mild boost I believe 11 lbs, with stock tires and setup and like 3 gallons of racegas. I'm sure it has much much more in it... AFAIK, this is the fastest trap for an e9x in a 1/4 no? @Terry@BMS was there that day, he can probably verify.
    It has nothing to do with anybody and everything to do with weak performance as stated and shown.

What are you talking about a Cobalt for? Who cares? This is in the S65 V8 section hence why S65 V8's are being discussed in that context.

Mild sure is one way to put it. This is a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It has nothing to do with anybody and everything to do with weak performance as stated and shown.

What are you talking about a Cobalt for? Who cares? This is in the S65 V8 section hence why S65 V8's are being discussed in that context.

Mild sure is one way to put it. This is a joke.
    I'm trying to make a point dude. No two cars are exactly the same. So that other trap could have been totally different track, different gas, different everything compared to Drew's car.

I don't think 135 trap speed is weak at all, esp on stock DCT and tires etc. You and I know there is more in it, stop being so negative.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm trying to make a point dude. No two cars are exactly the same. So that other trap could have been totally different track, different gas, different everything compared to Drew's car.

I don't think 135 trap speed is weak at all, esp on stock DCT and tires etc. You and I know there is more in it, stop being so negative.
    Um all E9X M3's have S65 V8's so once again your point makes no sense.

I'm quite aware how conditions affect 1/4 mile times but even if it was hot out (which it wasn't, you live in Socal how's the weather lately?) 135 would still be embarrassing.

This is built motor performance from ESS? Might as well save your money and take it to someone who can actually get you performance worth the expense.

135 in general isn't a weak trap speed. 135 in the context of S65 V8 supercharger performance is very weak. That's not negative at all it's reality. Look at the two timeslips posted.

I'm going to personally enjoy stomping this. It just makes me laugh how easy it's going to be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I'm quite aware how conditions affect 1/4 mile times but even if it was hot out (which it wasn't, you live in Socal how's the weather lately?) 135 would still be embarrassing.

This is built motor performance from ESS? Might as well sell the s65 and get a s54, which actually has the better 1/4 and 60-130 numbers!!

135 in general isn't a weak trap speed. 135 in the context of S65 V8 supercharger performance is very weak. That's not negative at all it's reality. Look at the two timeslips posted.

I'm going to personally enjoy stomping this. It just makes me laugh how easy it's going to be.
    Fixed.. No thanks required

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
    Fixed.. No thanks required
    Don't let this weak crap be a reflection of the S65.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't let this weak crap be a reflection of the S65.
    lol. I'm sure the S65 can and will do much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

This is built motor performance from ESS? Might as well save your money and take it someone who can actually get you performance worth the expense.

Sometimes, your points make no sense at all. Yes, it's an S65 in both cars. But one car running a blower and one not is the same to you too? That's the point I'm trying to make. No matter what those two cars are not identical to compare. If it was two Gintani cars there are less chances of things being swapped with pullys and tunes etc. Ess is hard and no vt6whatever is what it is until you dyno.

Yes built motor, but not even pushing it to where it can shine bro. He's not even close to maxing anything out on his car so performance is still there to be unleashed.

So far, you have the highest whp e9x m3 without a doubt. I don't think you will have any hard time beating this car, but laughing at it and making it a joke is a little childish brotha.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol. I'm sure the S65 can and will do much better.
    Oh it will... shortly. I just find it funny some people applaud this junk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ummm that doesn't look weak to me. He has the highest trap speed for any E9X M3 so far so he is officially the fastest M3 in the country if you ask me.

I met Drew a couple years ago back when he was first supercharged and was running 11.5's at famoso back in 2011. His car was a beast then and he was a great dude to talk to, I don't see what all the hate is about him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sometimes, your points make no sense at all. Yes, it's an S65 in both cars. But one car running a blower and one not is the same to you too? That's the point I'm trying to make. No matter what those two cars are not identical to compare. If it was two Gintani cars there are less chances of things being swapped with pullys and tunes etc. Ess is hard and no vt6whatever is what it is until you dyno.

Yes built motor, but not even pushing it to where it can shine bro. He's not even close to maxing anything out on his car so performance is still there to be unleashed.

So far, you have the highest whp e9x m3 without a doubt. I don't think you will have any hard time beating this car, but laughing at it and making it a joke is a little childish brotha.
    I'm making complete sense here. Bringing a Cobalt in an S65 V8 discussion is what does not make sense.

A 135 trap speed for a built motor car is a joke. This proves what I've been saying all along as if the dyno numbers didn't do that already. This is what you get when you do a cheap build. Performance that barely exceeds the stock motor cars which honestly could match this just running more boost on race gas + meth. What's the point?

It can't be pushed much further, don't you get it? This uses the same blower the stock internal kits do. The block isn't sleeved. There isn't much more room for the blower and then at what point do you worry about engine safety/tuning? Didn't you see what the other VT3 did?

Yes I do have the highest WHP M3 and I'm going to smash this and laugh the whole way down the track that this is what I need to exceed. It isn't even going to be a challenge. Considering all the smack all these ESS idiots talked I'm being pretty nice about how weak this really is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Ummm that doesn't look weak to me. He has the highest trap speed for any E9X M3 so far so he is officially the fastest M3 in the country if you ask me.
    Yeah what a beast.

Considering when his car and mine ran at the same event mine trapped much higher so we know who has the fastest car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I think the most interesting part is what kind of MPH they are picking up on the back half of the track...

VT3 - 27.32 mph
    VT2 - 26.99 mph

Hrmmm

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by lulz_m3; 02-04-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I think this thread is more of a Drew vs Sticky Thread so why not line up at the 1/4mile already? Drew has taken his car to every event possible. Every event I go to he is there. Why not bring your car out? as of now 1/4 mile times his car is faster than yours.

* not taking anything away from your build but come on man lets be serious here*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    So I think this thread is more of a Drew vs Sticky Thread so why not line up at the 1/4mile already? Drew has taken his car to every event possible. Every event I go to he is there. Why not bring your car out? as of now 1/4 mile times his car is faster than yours.

* not taking anything away from your build but come on man lets be serious here*
    Cars already have been run at the same time, same place. Result was as expected, not a competition.

What do you think I plan to do exactly? I'd be more than happy to run but he won't as he'll get spanked.

Let's be serious here my car won the last event both cars were at. Of course it's faster it isn't even close. 135 may be a record technically but it's not one I would be proud of. I did 130 four years ago

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

8 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As of right now, Drew's car is going 135.13 MPH faster than your's is. So until your car is finished and running 100%, you shouldn't be throwing "stones" at the competition.

Should your's be faster, without a doubt. But with all the talking you've been doing, if you don't go 140+ then you're gonna look all kinds of stupid.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    As of right now, Drew's car is going 135.13 MPH faster than your's is. So until your car is finished and running 100%, you shouldn't be throwing "stones" at the competition.
    My car already ran faster than his same time and same place plus it has far more power so I can do or say whatever I want to.

THE ESS VT3 BUILDS ARE WEAK AND EMBARRASSING. Period.

Should your's be faster
    LOL

But with all the talking you've been doing, if you don't go 140+ then you're gonna look all kinds of stupid.
    Just sit on the sidelines kid:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10's would be a disappointment considering your power. Don't forget, you have a bunch of other non E9x Ms to beat as well! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    10's would be a disappointment considering your power. Don't forget, you have a bunch of other non E9x Ms to beat as well! lol
    Obviously as there doesn't seem to be an E9X worth the time or gas. 135 lololololololololololololololol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm making complete sense here. Bringing a Cobalt in an S65 V8 discussion is what does not make sense.

A 135 trap speed for a built motor car is a joke. This proves what I've been saying all along as if the dyno numbers didn't do that already. This is what you get when you do a cheap build. Performance that barely exceeds the stock motor cars which honestly could match this just running more boost on race gas + meth. What's the point?

It can't be pushed much further, don't you get it? This uses the same blower the stock internal kits do. The block isn't sleeved. There isn't much more room for the blower and then at what point do you worry about engine safety/tuning? Didn't you see what the other VT3 did?

Yes I do have the highest WHP M3 and I'm going to smash this and laugh the whole way down the track that this is what I need to exceed. It isn't even going to be a challenge. Considering all the smack all these ESS idiots talked I'm being pretty nice about how weak this really is.
    I'll congratulate you too as I did Drew when you break another record. I just don't really care about drama, his car is very fast. It does the job, and it has more in it. Traction wasn't fully turned off it was MDM mode. Plus there was another vt625 there that trapped 126-129 that same exact day with weight reduction, line lock, and drags.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll congratulate you too as I did Drew when you break another record. I just don't really care about drama, his car is very fast. It does the job, and it has more in it. Traction wasn't fully turned off it was MDM mode. Plus there was another vt625 there that trapped 126-129 that same exact day with weight reduction, line lock, and drags.
    I'm sure there is more in it and whatnot but this has made my day.

It's just so fitting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure there is more in it and whatnot but this has made my day.

It's just so fitting.
    That's the slip for the vt625 that same day, so you know I'm not making anything up.

Attachment 35890

And This is Drew again, right next to a Ford GT that has trapped 140+ repeatedly.

Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Drew's car is a dct. So if it were a 6 speed, it would be slower? I do think a built motor s65 should do much better than 135 though. Considering a stock motor s54 has done 135 already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So Drew's car is a dct. So if it were a 6 speed, it would be slower? I do think a built motor s65 should do much better than 135 though. Considering a stock motor s54 has done 135 already.
    I would think a built motor s65 would do much better too if it was actually being pushed to its limits or going for a record...
    Burger Motorsports

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast