Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 102
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    281
    Rep Points
    671.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see an f10 vs a gtr from a high speed roll stock for stock

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    GTRs aren't easy to drive without traction control:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N82XfCwoL8
    I would have $#@! my pants! Good save!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    59
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No

    BMW M5 F10 vs Nissan GT-R R35 (both stock)

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    I'd like to see an f10 vs a gtr from a high speed roll stock for stock

    Here you Go:


  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warpeacelove Click here to enlarge
    Dead even if you ask me.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Points
    17.1
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah that looked pretty close

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Both are amazing cars. If anyone wants to buy me on or the other... im game! haha
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    All I wanna know is that if this Alpha 16 is running low-8s, how much power does the Alpha Omega setup have that it's in low-7s
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No I hate it because it's a soulless robot.
    I love people that say this. Anyone that says this hasn't driven one or any car at this level. "soulless" not a chance. Your but would pucker so hard on a full pass at 1600whp. At this level the car accelerates so hard that you can feel the blood getting pulled from your feet. People forget the GT-R is a RWD biased car and at this level the front tires are doing little to NOTHING.

    Coming from someone who has personally owned and driven 9 second cars this will put some hair on your chest as a driver or a passenger. It's far from "soulless"

    BTW An ALPHA 16 kit installed soup to nuts is about 153K

    Eric

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    Your but would pucker so hard on a full pass at 1600whp.
    It would in anything with 1600 whp that I was a passenger in. I don't see how throwing horsepower at a car gives it soul. If it doesn't have it to begin with it never will.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    At this level the car accelerates so hard that you can feel the blood getting pulled from your feet. People forget the GT-R is a RWD biased car and at this level the front tires are doing little to NOTHING.
    Is it an amusement park ride or a car? Is it what I want to drive in a canyon along the coast with an empty road in front of me on a summer day? Will 1600 whp bring me driving pleasure there?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    Coming from someone who has personally owned and driven 9 second cars this will put some hair on your chest as a driver or a passenger. It's far from "soulless"
    I don't equate elapsed time with a soul. It just doesn't work that way. An F430 Scuderia might get murdered by any one of your GTR packages which offer incredible performance but the GTR will never be a better driver's car or offer a better driving experience no matter how much HP you throw at it. Ever.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    BTW An ALPHA 16 kit installed soup to nuts is about 153K
    That makes a hell of a lot more sense I don't know where that $600k came from.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    All I wanna know is that if this Alpha 16 is running low-8s, how much power does the Alpha Omega setup have that it's in low-7s
    We are high 7's at 186mph not low 7's. We estimated on that run that we were at about 1850+whp. We dont dyno it anymore because we cant get it to hook up on the dyno and the load difference just beats up the trans too hard.

    Omega in its new form should be close to 2000whp.

    Eric

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    We are high 7's at 186mph not low 7's. We estimated on that run that we were at about 1850+whp. We dont dyno it anymore because we cant get it to hook up on the dyno and the load difference just beats up the trans too hard.

    Omega in its new form should be close to 2000whp.

    Eric
    Well then that's my cue to get to work on NissanBoost.com. Yay work work work.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West Chicago, IL
    Posts
    60
    Rep Points
    310.2
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It would in anything with 1600 whp that I was a passenger in. I don't see how throwing horsepower at a car gives it soul. If it doesn't have it to begin with it never will.



    Is it an amusement park ride or a car? Is it what I want to drive in a canyon along the coast with an empty road in front of me on a summer day? Will 1600 whp bring me driving pleasure there?



    I don't equate elapsed time with a soul. It just doesn't work that way. An F430 Scuderia might get murdered by any one of your GTR packages which offer incredible performance but the GTR will never be a better driver's car or offer a better driving experience no matter how much HP you throw at it. Ever.
    You are attempting to quantify something that can't be. What is "soul" in a machine anyway? It's a completely worthless conversation. You clearly think soul is defined as the ability to enjoy the car in canyons and corning. I define it as excitement and the emotional payout the car gives me.

    Your definition of soul isn't the only one...It just doesn't work that way. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one as its not mathematics here. We are talking about an emotional response.

    Eric

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,651
    Rep Points
    1,949.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    If you want soul, go get a spec miata and head to your nearest road course.

    This thread is about a beast mode 1600hp GTR. That I am sure will scare the soul right out you.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    You are attempting to quantify something that can't be. What is "soul" in a machine anyway?
    EXACTLY. That is why a wheel horsepower number or elapsed time doesn't equate to soul.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    It's a completely worthless conversation. You clearly think soul is defined as the ability to enjoy the car in canyons and corning. I define it as excitement and the emotional payout the car gives me.
    Not at all. My example was one in which 1600 whp is meaningless. What I think makes a car enjoyable is the way it makes you feel when it's just you and the machine. I know a BMW M3 has it. I know a Ferrari F430 has it. I know a GTR doesn't. It isn't any one specific thing.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    Your definition of soul isn't the only one...It just doesn't work that way. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one as its not mathematics here. We are talking about an emotional response.
    Exactly. It's akin to trying to explain something that is not tangible or can not be proved to exist. I can't show for example what love is but I can tell you I've experienced it.

    Who knew this forum could be so deep?

    Regardless I agree to disagree.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    If you want soul, go get a spec miata and head to your nearest road course.

    This thread is about a beast mode 1600hp GTR. That I am sure will scare the soul right out you.
    Nobody is denying the performance. I was poking fun at the robot aspect if anything. We all know this is stupid fast.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That makes a hell of a lot more sense I don't know where that $600k came from.

    sorry, I started that one........ Someone (the now dead neighbour across the road who owns 10 supercars) told me the GTR with Alpha 16 was near $600k all up...

    I apologise to all who were offended. Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    sorry, I started that one........ Someone (the now dead neighbour across the road who owns 10 supercars) told me the GTR with Alpha 16 was near $600k all up...

    I apologise to all who were offended. Click here to enlarge
    You should know better than to talk about cars with people in real life.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Also just realized this is in American Cars for some reason. Moving...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Points
    934.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Im not dissing the car by any means. But the fact your not shifting makes a huge difference. Once again not putting the car down but it would take one hell of a driver operating a manual gear box to come even remotely close to that kind of shifting. Im sure a 1000whp GTR is a hand full.
    But how come Sticky and his dct m3 is ok?? how come only the gtr is robotic for being a dct and awd.??

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    But how come Sticky and his dct m3 is ok?? how come only the gtr is robotic for being a dct and awd.??
    What else is DCT and AWD with a luanch control that works? Lambo? That's it
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Points
    934.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DevourS65 Click here to enlarge
    Basing on the fact its a car an M3 or other bimmers could never be... Designed to go too fast in a straight line and nothing else otherwise.
    Bro are you serious?? Do you know the ring time of this thing?? Its one of the fastest cars on the planet at ANY price. 95% of hyper cars (not super) cant sniff its exhaust around a road course. An m3 is not even in the same zip code, for that matter the m3 is having trouble these days with a 5.0 mustang

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Points
    934.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Here's an E92 M3 quicker than the GTR on the roadcourse. You're blind faith is admirable though:l http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-M3-is-quicker

    By the way, laptimes don't equal driving excitement. You don't seem to understand that.
    Sticky stop being silly, its not an opinion that the gtr is on another planet from an m3 its a fact. Same driver same day same track the gtr with will win by far 100% of the time

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    But how come Sticky and his dct m3 is ok?? how come only the gtr is robotic for being a dct and awd.??
    If you want increased driver interaction you can get it in the M3. You can't get it in the GTR.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Bro are you serious?? Do you know the ring time of this thing?? Its one of the fastest cars on the planet at ANY price. 95% of hyper cars (not super) cant sniff its exhaust around a road course. An m3 is not even in the same zip code, for that matter the m3 is having trouble these days with a 5.0 mustang
    The ring is a horsepower track more than finesse and Nissan has turned the ring into a joke with how it sends tuned cars out there and started doing flying starts.

    As posted in another thread an M3 is more than capable of beating the GTR on the roadcourse. It's lighter, it's better balanced, and it's more than capable.

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •