Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol I find it so funny you say that and you havent experienced it. Turn traction control off and it is a very wild ride.
    Yeah super wild.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    it sure takes a lot of driver skill out of the equation.
    Another one that doesnt know what he is talking about. That car goes down smooth because ams has experience like a $#@! and knows how to set them up. That car has the ams suspension and wheel packages along with guys who have made thousands of passes getting it done. I have a buddy who is building one on his own and at 1000whp that $#@! guardrail to centerline going down the track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Another one that doesnt know what he is talking about. That car goes down smooth because ams has experience like a $#@! and knows how to set them up. That car has the ams suspension and wheel packages along with guys who have made thousands of passes getting it done. I have a buddy who is building one on his own and at 1000whp that $#@! guardrail to centerline going down the track.
    Im not dissing the car by any means. But the fact your not shifting makes a huge difference. Once again not putting the car down but it would take one hell of a driver operating a manual gear box to come even remotely close to that kind of shifting. Im sure a 1000whp GTR is a hand full.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yeah super wild.
    Watch this vid. He runs it with the traction control on then off, lol it makes a big difference and he also addresses people who think the car is a robot. Funny how one thing Jeremy Clarkson says becomes gospel for millions of parrots.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Im not dissing the car by any means. But the fact your not shifting makes a huge difference. Once again not putting the car down but it would take one hell of a driver operating a manual gear box to come even remotely close to that kind of shifting. Im sure a 1000whp GTR is a hand full.
    No manual driver in the world can shift that fast but even then we are talking about it saving you maybe two tenths over a 1/4 mile run. The car is simply a monster and while it seems easy and it is awd the car is heavily rwd biased and as such gets pretty loose at these power levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

No manual driver in the world can shift that fast but even then we are talking about it saving you maybe two tenths over a 1/4 mile run. The car is simply a monster and while it seems easy and it is awd the car is heavily rwd biased and as such gets pretty loose at these power levels.
    That platform in general puts the power down very efficiently. Between its launch control, crazy fast shifting, and low gearing it can post up crazy fast ET's for its horsepower.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Watch this vid. He runs it with the traction control on then off, lol it makes a big difference and he also addresses people who think the car is a robot. Funny how one thing Jeremy Clarkson says becomes gospel for millions of parrots.

http://youtu.be/m7GJWyCB0MA
    I'm not basing my own opinion on anything from Jeremy Clarkson.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm not basing my own opinion on anything from Jeremy Clarkson.
    Well what the hell else could you base it on lol you have said before you have never driven one? Clearly you are going off the word of someone else. But its cool even if you got in one and it blew your mind you could never admit it as then where would the M3 be? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Basing on the fact its a car an M3 or other bimmers could never be... Designed to go too fast in a straight line and nothing else otherwise.
    Last edited by DevourS65; 02-03-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo error

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DevourS65 Click here to enlarge
    Basing on the fact its a car an M3 or other bimmers could never be... Designed to go too fast in a straight line and nothing else otherwise.
    Lol are you kidding? You know there isnt a bmw made that will hang with a gtr on a road course right? You know the GTR has won the last three years of OLA? Or that only hypercars that cost 5 to 10x what it does make up the list of faster stock cars around the nurburgring? These are the dummies who have never driven one and now want to say the GTR is only good in a straight line!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So you're saying the same thing to the people driving a DCT car? Same $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
    So you're saying the same thing to the people driving a DCT car? Same $#@!.
    See my last post.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well what the hell else could you base it on lol you have said before you have never driven one? Clearly you are going off the word of someone else. But its cool even if you got in one and it blew your mind you could never admit it as then where would the M3 be? Click here to enlarge
    It is true. I test drove a black edition awhile back. It will blow your mind. I went in thinking this car could not possible live up to the hype. Well it did and then some. It is not a robot. I can't even imagine one with 1600hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol are you kidding? You know there isnt a bmw made that will hang with a gtr on a road course right? You know the GTR has won the last three years of OLA? Or that only hypercars that cost 5 to 10x what it does make up the list of faster stock cars around the nurburgring? These are the dummies who have never driven one and now want to say the GTR is only good in a straight line!
    But the M3 has so much potential being able to rev 8500 rpms? Wait hang on... Those built GTR's rev till 9500 rpms at least don't they... Darn!! ( My bad, what was i even thinking! ) Think I'll just trade in my S65 soon then...

Wish the interior was a lot nicer in the GTR than what it is though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

But the M3 has so much potential being able to rev 8500 rpms? Wait hang on... Those built GTR's rev till 9500 rpms at least don't they... Darn!! ( My bad, what was i even thinking! ) Think I'll just trade in my S65 soon then...

Wish the interior was a lot nicer in the GTR than what it is though!
    haven't seen one that high but Omega and the Goliath cars rev to 9200rpm. True about the interior though, but the 14' and now the 15's habe improved the interior ALOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I like the GTR, but you're clearly dangling from the balls of the VR38. How about ALMS? No GTR in those classes; it wouldn't last due to it's heft. 24 Hours of Nurburgring has had a few GTR's since 2009, and they still lost in fact, in 2010 to a BMW. Same class same specs. What else?
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    I like the GTR, but you're clearly dangling from the balls of the VR38. How about ALMS? No GTR in those classes; it wouldn't last due to it's heft. 24 Hours of Nurburgring has had a few GTR's since 2009, and they still lost in fact, in 2010 to a BMW. Same class same specs. What else?
    None of those classes run cars remotely close to the factory cars. Do yourve an ALMS M3 or a GT3 M3? Then its pointless to talk about what those tin can car race results are. Im talking production version cars or enthusiast modified production cars. And in that regard a production GTR has NOTHING to fear from a production bmw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

None of those classes run cars remotely close to the factory cars. Do yourve an ALMS M3 or a GT3 M3? Then its pointless to talk about what those tin can car race results are. Im talking production version cars or enthusiast modified production cars. And in that regard a production GTR has NOTHING to fear from a production bmw.
    That's the best you can come up with? With the rules and regulations being fair and equal, the M3 still places better at the Nurbugring 24 hour.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You could go through tons of reviews where people refer to how artificial the car feels. It's an all wheel drive dual clutch car with so many electronics that it's just a big Playstation. Are you driving it or just along for the ride?

An M3 is a more exciting drive. It always will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

It just doesn't offer the driving excitement of other performance cars. It's essentially boring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Here's an E92 M3 quicker than the GTR on the roadcourse. You're blind faith is admirable though:l http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-M3-is-quicker

By the way, laptimes don't equal driving excitement. You don't seem to understand that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    The M3 has won 24 hour races as has the S65 V8...

And ALMS is the big leagues. The M3 has back to back championships.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

WTF are you talking about? So the homologation requirements are just imaginary I guess?

The GTR is a boring heavy robot. Oh yay let's raise the boost and sit along for the ride. Yawn, rinse, repeat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

GTRs aren't easy to drive without traction control:

2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

CRP Racing runs a GTR in the Pirelli World Challenge.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast