Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hennessey HPE700 twin turbo C7 dyno 608 wheel horsepower

608 wheel is ok I guess considering this is 7 psi and 93 octane. Just feels a bit meh when 550 wheel has been hit naturally aspirated.

I would expect 700-800 on stock internals.

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol....another HPE dud and will cost 300k to have.....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hennessey = Dinan of Dometic Cars

I mean, LMR/A&A Superchargers have made over 700 WHP with 7-8 psi on a V3 Si, Heads & Cams (Mid-600 WHP without the Heads/Cams).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    isn't his kit a bolt-on twin turbo kit basically . I don't think it's much else but that and exhaust . since the stock c7 dynos in the 400-410 range , I would think picking up 200whp with a bolt-on kit is pretty good . LMR is making over 700 but that's with heads and cam also . maybe i'm looking at this the wrong way but making 700-800 is saying you can almost double your whp with a bolt-on kit .

don't get me wrong , I would let him touch my 3 year old son's ride along SL65 , but 600whp out of this kit isn't bad .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol....another HPE dud and will cost 300k to have.....

HPE bolt ons for the C7 raise the Vette price to near where I can get a factory gtd Z06 at 650 bhp.... bad deal HPE... sorry
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still, the LMR Bolt-On Supercharger Kit is putting down more power (probably less area under the curve b/c of the TQ generated by a TT setup), and we'll hopefully see in the next week-ish what LMRs TT kit is capable of when they post a dyno video/graph.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    isn't his kit a bolt-on twin turbo kit basically . I don't think it's much else but that and exhaust . since the stock c7 dynos in the 400-410 range , I would think picking up 200whp with a bolt-on kit is pretty good . LMR is making over 700 but that's with heads and cam also . maybe i'm looking at this the wrong way but making 700-800 is saying you can almost double your whp with a bolt-on kit .

don't get me wrong , I wouldn't let him touch my 3 year old son's ride along SL65 , but 600whp out of this kit isn't bad .
    typo on the "wouldn't"
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When my buddy told me about this yesterday my first thought was....pathetic...another crazy overly priced Hennessy project yielding mediocre results....but now seeing that's at 7 psi on 93 pump and stock motor and exhaust, etc. I'm actually impressed, that's awesome. Must be fairly large turbos though, not sure how spool is without a datalog.

Honestly though, I'd rather see this testing done with race gas and more of a race tune, and then show this as well to show the range of the kit
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Hennessey = Dinan of Dometic Cars
    No. Dinan never stole from anybody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    don't get me wrong , I would let him touch my 3 year old son's ride along SL65 , but 600whp out of this kit isn't bad .
    With superchargers over 700 whp... no way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No. Dinan never stole from anybody.
    Exactly, lest anyone forget. Also, I see Dinan race on Sunday to sell on Monday.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With superchargers over 700 whp... no way.
    but aren't we talking about the turbo kit as bolt-on and the supercharger installed with heads , cam , exhaust....etc.

I think gaining 200whp with just a bolt-on kit is pretty good .

you were saying that it should be between 700 and 800 with this kit . I don't know of any bolt-on turbo kit that almost doubles your whp .

like I said before , I wouldn't send anything to Hennessey but this kit shows some good results . imagine this kit with heads , cam , fuel system upgrade...etc
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but aren't we talking about the turbo kit as bolt-on and the supercharger installed with heads , cam , exhaust....etc.
    I'm talking about bolt on superchargers: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...upercharged-C7

714 whp there.

you were saying that it should be between 700 and 800 with this kit . I don't know of any bolt-on turbo kit that almost doubles your whp
    There are several out there that do that depending on the motor's starting HP of course. APR gets 600+ out of the TT-RS with a bolt on turbo and that's just about double.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm talking about bolt on superchargers: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...upercharged-C7

714 whp there.

There are several out there that do that depending on the motor's starting HP of course. APR gets 600+ out of the TT-RS with a bolt on turbo and that's just about double.
    i'm not trying to argue with you but LMR is also adding an upgraded fuel system and you should call LMR because I just got off the phone with them and the car on the dyno in your link ( the blue one which happens to be owned by the owner of LMR ) happens to have heads , cam and fuel system upgrades also . they said that the bolt-on kit with fuel upgrade is making 600 - 650whp .

as far as the TT-RS , you are talking about a vehicle that already comes TT . the C7 is n/a and I don't see any other n/a car getting double hp with a bolt-on turbo kit . I could be wrong and if someone knows of one , please let me know

we are all car people here and we know that an N/A car with a bolt-on turbo kit will never make the same jump in power as a turbo car with a turbo kit upgrade .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm not trying to argue with you but LMR is also adding an upgraded fuel system and you should call LMR because I just got off the phone with them and the car on the dyno in your link ( the blue one which happens to be owned by the owner of LMR ) happens to have heads , cam and fuel system upgrades also . they said that the bolt-on kit with fuel upgrade is making 600 - 650whp .
    Good stuff and yes I think someone will want an upgraded fuel system regardless. 700+ really is more like it although yes 600 isn't bad. Still, Hennessey should show what this thing can really do if he can.

as far as the TT-RS , you are talking about a vehicle that already comes TT . the C7 is n/a and I don't see any other n/a car getting double hp with a bolt-on turbo kit . I could be wrong and if someone knows of one , please let me know
    I'd have to think of NA cars but off the top of my head the E46 M3 more than doubles its HP.

we are all car people here and we know that an N/A car with a bolt-on turbo kit will never make the same jump in power as a turbo car with a turbo kit upgrade .
    I really think it depends on the application. Oh just thought of another car that more than doubles its HP NA, Gallardo. Oh, the F430 too. Oh, and the S2000. I could probably spend some more time on this but it isn't really important.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I really think it depends on the application. Oh just thought of another car that more than doubles its HP NA, Gallardo. Oh, the F430 too. Oh, and the S2000. I could probably spend some more time on this but it isn't really important.
    S2k frequently triples its hp...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    S2k frequently triples its hp...
    Well there you go. The E46 M3 almost triples it too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL wut? I think Sticky already laid it out nicely, but you're just talking out of your ass here. High-revving N/A cars in particular generally respond VERY well to turbo setups if done right. They generally have superior head design w/ valvetrains built to handle as much air as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    High-revving N/A cars in particular generally respond VERY well to turbo setups if done right. They generally have superior head design w/ valvetrains built to handle as much air as possible.
    I don't know why this is explained as often it is here. Ugh...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    LOL wut? I think Sticky already laid it out nicely, but you're just talking out of your ass here. High-revving N/A cars in particular generally respond VERY well to turbo setups if done right. They generally have superior head design w/ valvetrains built to handle as much air as possible.
    maybe I should have said it different but I was talking about something similar to the corvette , which happens to be the original point in this discussion . the corvette , unless things have changed and nobody told me , is not a high revving car . you guys all bring up these high revving motors in a thread that's discussing the corvette .

pretty sure i'm not talking out my a55 when i'm comparing apples to apples . 6500 to 8500 is not apples to apples .
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    maybe I should have said it different but I was talking about something similar to the corvette , which happens to be the original point in this discussion . the corvette , unless things have changed and nobody told me , is not a high revving car . you guys all bring up these high revving motors in a thread that's discussing the corvette .

pretty sure i'm not talking out my a55 when i'm comparing apples to apples . 6500 to 8500 is not apples to apples .
    The Corvette isn't a high revving car but because it's an NA motor to begin with that has good power it responds well to boost. It helps that it's fairly high compression.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to see I’m not the only one disappointed by twin turbos + LS + 700 wheel. Next…
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Good to see I’m not the only one disappointed by twin turbos + LS + 700 wheel. Next…
    Somebody has 800+ already which is much more like it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Somebody has 800+ already which is much more like it...
    Ya that’s strong. I mean a 30 second look over the motor specs, platform, and history and you already know 700 wheel with twin snails is ‘meh’.

You know I’m not all that partial to the platform, but the ZO6 is going to be absolutely ruinous for all cars that aren’t making silly power. Drive it off the lot and it’ll walk away from just about everything under the sun. Question for you: LS or S55?
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Corvette isn't a high revving car but because it's an NA motor to begin with that has good power it responds well to boost. It helps that it's fairly high compression.
    I agree but you and others were talking about almost doubling , and sometimes tripling , power with a bolt-on kit . without doing more than just the bolt-on kit , you will not double hp IN A NON HIGH REVVING VEHICLE . this is the reason I said that 600whp for this car is not bad at all Click here to enlarge

remember apples to apples
    Click here to enlarge

TIME TO MOVE ON !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast