Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Where to Get Meth Filter?

Where can I source an inline filter? Currently, the only one I can find is the AEM 30-3101 (http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...ne-filter-1161). This piece has mixed reviews.

I've noticed a lot of others included in some kits but no one lists a source. Ideas/options are appreciated.

Thanks
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Devil's own has a filter available. I'm not sure it is really needed...
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Are many of you running filters?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Don't a lot of the nozzles have filters integrated inside them?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I pieced my own together using mcmaster

Grab a 1/8 "disposable pipe-fitting filters" at either 40 or 90 microns for $3.50 -- part 98355K833
    Then get 2x 1/4" OD pipe fittings with 1/8NPT female threads.

You can do push-to-locks at $4.20x2 part 5779K129
    or self-aligning compression fittings (they're brass, not ideal, mine have held up no problem for a year now) at $2.30 each part 5220K34

so either $11.90 or $8.10 plus shipping.

a handful of guys over at golfmk6 and myself run that type of in-line filter. between that and the filter nozzles, should be good enough

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Good suggestions! I went ahead and bought the AEM, but might look into the other one as a backup solution.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Don't a lot of the nozzles have filters integrated inside them?
    I would think you want the filter before the injector so that it doesn't clog.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge

Grab a 1/8 "disposable pipe-fitting filters" at either 40 or 90 microns for $3.50 -- part 98355K833

or self-aligning compression fittings (they're brass, not ideal, mine have held up no problem for a year now) at $2.30 each part 5220K34

a handful of guys over at golfmk6 and myself run that type of in-line filter. between that and the filter nozzles, should be good enough
    That McMaster one is similar to what we include in our kits. Works nicely. Filter goes between pump output and solenoid input.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I run an Aquamist filter from Howerton Engineering. I had one before on my Volvo for three years and it worked well.
    2008 135 GIAC Stage II Race File
    2011 335d Stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge

Well, I cracked the AEM housing when installing the push connectors, as the housing is plastic (and I guess I was too heavy-handed). I do like that it is fully serviceable (you can open the lid and inspect/clean filter element), but this time I'm going to try the mcmaster piece as it is all metal.
    Thanks for the detailed response!
    Change is constant