Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    200whp doesn't mean anything at the strip? I'm sorry but you have no credibility in the subject of drag racing at all. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Real racers spend weeks looking for ways to get 20lbs outta the car or pick up 20hp in a built setup.
    Smdh
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not embarassed at all and I don't need to brag. I don't show off anything there happen to be things in the background. Are you jealous perhaps? I should apologize for some reason? Do you want my birth certificate perhaps and income tax returns?
    LOL, birth certificate? Where does that come from? No, I really don't care, I'm not jealous, just curious, I mean we talk how often on the forum? Excuse me for asking what you do for a living like any adult?

Exactly. Bolt on 10's. Not good enough? Then build the motor and go for whatever you want.
    I think it's awesome,but like I said, we just haven't heard/seen much from built S65's, so the motor is yet to prove much to me. Potential is great, but who cares if it's not used?

Maybe I actually go to shops that do the work? There's already info posted about some of the things I've mentioned anyway. Maybe you should just read the forum?
    I read, all I've seen is ONE turbo'ed S65 by Gintani running, without any numbers. I've been to shops and seen plenty of awesome toys that never made headlines, but someone's one-off success story/project doesn't make the platform a street king.

Oh no engine failure at 600 equals handling 800 no problem. And changing internals to stronger lower compression pieces means what? You don't see it? I can't help you then.
    I ABSOLUTELY never said handling 600 means handling 800 just fine...you stated a benefit of building the motor was having 800hp and stronger internals....ok...as in reliability. That's fine, but you had to do that to get to 800, at 600 motor was still reliable, so you're paying for the horsepower, not adding reliability.

Yeah a couple dyno pulls cracking 700 whp and all of a sudden N54's are good for 750 whp in stock form. L O L. And they still haven't run a quicker time than stock internal supercharged M3's? Yeah what a beast.
    Ok, sure, use the peak number I used in the range. I can't help it that Vishnu didn't take the car back to the track, but it did do a 10.8 at 640whp in a manual, I think that's pretty good. 700whp, hell even 600whp 6AT's should get interesting.

Yeah 200 whp is meaningless. You don't know what you're talking about. That's just about 20 miles per hour of trap speed.
    Never said meaningless, and never said 200whp, I said for the money spent on building a motor that we don't even know would hold a less than 200whp gain wasn't worth it. Don't really know how much time it would equate to at the track, and that's why it wouldn't be worth it to me, too many unknowns. Obviously 200whp considering all else equal and track not an issue on a 700whp car is HUGE! Thanks for calling me out cause of how i worded something lumped into a paragraph. Bravo, you're a hero.

Well anyway, I'm done with this conversation, I've said what I've wanted and it seems you have as well...

Is this...Click here to enlarge over so that we can get to this.... Click here to enlarge ?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    200whp doesn't mean anything at the strip? I'm sorry but you have no credibility in the subject of drag racing at all. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Real racers spend weeks looking for ways to get 20lbs outta the car or pick up 20hp in a built setup.
    Smdh
    Nobody who knwos anything about anything would say an extra '200 wheel' isn't worth it. It's flat out insanity on a performance forum.

Oh yeah 200 whp won't show. Building a motor for another 200 whp just seems like a waste. WTF?

I don't know why this is even continuing at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    LOL, birth certificate? Where does that come from? No, I really don't care, I'm not jealous, just curious, I mean we talk how often on the forum? Excuse me for asking what you do for a living like any adult?
    People pry enough into my personal life. This is a car forum not some camping retreat where we share stories by the fire.

I think it's awesome,but like I said, we just haven't heard/seen much from built S65's, so the motor is yet to prove much to me. Potential is great, but who cares if it's not used?
    You've heard more from these motors than you have 700 whp N54's. You need more proof? Ok fine more is on the way.

I read, all I've seen is ONE turbo'ed S65 by Gintani running, without any numbers. I've been to shops and seen plenty of awesome toys that never made headlines, but someone's one-off success story/project doesn't make the platform a street king.
    Go to their shop and you'll see motors turbos that nobody has ever mentioned on any forum. You'll see motors turbo'd that nobody else has turbo'd. You'll see lot's of things. Hell, pick up the phone if you like I'm sure they'll share a bit.

Gintani isn't releasing anything until you can buy it. Considering how fanboys have blasted them I don't blame them.

I ABSOLUTELY never said handling 600 means handling 800 just fine...you stated a benefit of building the motor was having 800hp and stronger internals....ok...as in reliability. That's fine, but you had to do that to get to 800, at 600 motor was still reliable, so you're paying for the horsepower, not adding reliability.
    You will have better reliability. You will be able to run more boost. You will have stroner parts. Of course you want this if increasing the power another 200 whp don't you?

You're paying for the horsepower and increasing the strength of the parts.

Ok, sure, use the peak number I used in the range. I can't help it that Vishnu didn't take the car back to the track, but it did do a 10.8 at 640whp in a manual, I think that's pretty good. 700whp, hell even 600whp 6AT's should get interesting.
    What makes you think Shiv was running the HP he claimed? Regardless, the S65 is the quickest E92 for now not that it applies to this Supra.

Never said meaningless, and never said 200whp, I said for the money spent on building a motor that we don't even know would hold a less than 200whp gain wasn't worth it
    The gain is greater than 200 whp and it is most definitely worth it. I don't see how else one would do it.

Don't really know how much time it would equate to at the track, and that's why it wouldn't be worth it to me, too many unknowns. Obviously 200whp considering all else equal and track not an issue on a 700whp car is HUGE! Thanks for calling me out cause of how i worded something lumped into a paragraph. Bravo, you're a hero.
    I'm blushing.

Is this... over so that we can get to this....
    I don't know. Is the N54 the new 2JZ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Was about to watch this but it's 12 freaking minutes long. Who this guy think he is? George Lucas? Spielberg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...SPkssfIY#t=643
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I don't know. Is the N54 the new 2JZ?
    N, nothing like that antique........it's far better. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

N, nothing like that antique........it's far better. Click here to enlarge
    lol, when the N54 makes HALF the amount of the 2j I still won't agree!

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yes I am DEAD SERIOUS. When the N54 has been around as long as the 2J (23 years now), come back and lets talk 8 second passes and records. This motor is in its infancy stage. The technology this motor uses, from the injection system to the efficiency of the combustion process, etc. Are light years ahead of that old school Toyota motor. As the person above said, to get a anywhere near 2000 hp out of it, the motor is no longer a 2JZ its a billet copy of it. Once parts like that are available for the N54 or its variants(N55, S55, Etc) including cast iron, and closed deck blocks. The I6 3L game will be changed. The S55 very well may be the starting platform for this as it comes closed deck, but time will tell. Great the 2J makes huge power 23 years after it came out and every imaginable part is available for it. We don't even have a proper fuel system for the N5X motors yet, and people are already comparing them. The 2J is a great motor, but its old tech. Show me a 750 WHP 2JZ on the stock injectors, stock fuel pump, and stock internals.. I will wait, go ahead.
    That was a bad joke right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_k-BDIavno

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Why are you guys struggling to embed videos when they embed automatically?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    The motor itself was stock, but not the fuel pump, injectors, etc.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The motor itself was stock, but not the fuel pump, injectors, etc.
    Name a car that supports that much power with the stock fuel system SAFELY

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Name a car that supports that much power with the stock fuel system SAFELY
    Probably not out there...maybe the new Z07, but we'll see. That was his point with the N54 though, 720whp+ on stock fuel system, stock motor, etc...name another car that has done that? There aren't many motors out there reaching those power levels in the same fashion the N54 did. I do have a feeling that we will need a bottom end billet option to see big power out of these, but when we do....oh boy...just wait. I think people forget how long it took for the 2jz to start making a name for itself, it didn't happen over night. Took what? 10-12 years before it saw 1000hp?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Probably not out there...maybe the new Z07, but we'll see. That was his point with the N54 though, 720whp+ on stock fuel system, stock motor, etc...name another car that has done that? There aren't many motors out there reaching those power levels in the same fashion the N54 did. I do have a feeling that we will need a bottom end billet option to see big power out of these, but when we do....oh boy...just wait. I think people forget how long it took for the 2jz to start making a name for itself, it didn't happen over night. Took what? 10-12 years before it saw 1000hp?
    The fact your first choice to compare to the 20+ yr old motor is a brand new sc'd 6.2 liter v8 says a lot bud. Supra's made 1000hp in WAY less than 10yrs(definitely closer to 5-6yrs) and you have to remember the aftermarket was nowhere near as strong in the mid-late 90's as they are today so making the comparison based on time to reach goals is unfair. Also, having to build a billet n54 to reach 2j levels of power should end all debate right there...and I love the N54 so I'm in no way putting it down as much as im putting it in it's proper place(which is very high mind you.)

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

The fact your first choice to compare to the 20+ yr old motor is a brand new sc'd 6.2 liter v8 says a lot bud. Supra's made 1000hp in WAY less than 10yrs(definitely closer to 5-6yrs) and you have to remember the aftermarket was nowhere near as strong in the mid-late 90's as they are today so making the comparison based on time to reach goals is unfair. Also, having to build a billet n54 to reach 2j levels of power should end all debate right there...and I love the N54 so I'm in no way putting it down as much as im putting it in it's proper place(which is very high mind you.)
    What? Are you ok in the head or just not paying attention?

1)You asked about what FUEL SYSTEM! not motor can power those levels safely in stock form, my answer was the z07 fuel system....It's 620hp stock, so an extra 200 hp will probably be supported without fuel system mods.

IN no way was the LT4 my first comparison to the 2jz....that's just $#@!ing retarded....

2) Actually....it did take 10 years.....here's an old thread from 2001 (10 years after 2jz debut) discussing the most powerful and fastest supra at the time, also reaching 1000hp and what it took to get there. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...nds-at-154-MPH

3) Aftermarket for what was not as strong in the late 90's? So you're try and tell me that during one of the biggest economic booms in our nation's history aftermarket performance was not big? But during a recession in the 2000's it increased????

4) Whoa! Of course the N54 will need a billet bottom end to do what the 2jz does...cause so does the $#@!ing 2jz! LMAO!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What? Are you ok in the head or just not paying attention?

1)You asked about what FUEL SYSTEM! not motor can power those levels safely in stock form, my answer was the z07 fuel system....It's 620hp stock, so an extra 200 hp will probably be supported without fuel system mods.

IN no way was the LT4 my first comparison to the 2jz....that's just $#@!ing retarded....

2) Actually....it did take 10 years.....here's an old thread from 2001 (10 years after 2jz debut) discussing the most powerful and fastest supra at the time, also reaching 1000hp and what it took to get there. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...nds-at-154-MPH

3) Aftermarket for what was not as strong in the late 90's? So you're try and tell me that during one of the biggest economic booms in our nation's history aftermarket performance was not big? But during a recession in the 2000's it increased????

4) Whoa! Of course the N54 will need a billet bottom end to do what the 2jz does...cause so does the $#@!ing 2jz! LMAO!
    1)The fuel system argument was idiotic in the first place, but you are probably right.

2) The 2jz was introduced to the US in 1993/4 so that's less than 10yrs.

3) You keep neglecting the fact that there was no aftermarket support in that time like we have today...show me how many 1000+ hp turbos were available to the import market back then. Here is an early 2000 supra from Japan that was limited by the turbo's available...http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/hpi16_2.htm

4) 1645whp with the IRON block, http://dsportmag.com/browse/featured...ide-with-pride

Just give up bro! LMFAO...

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1)The fuel system argument was idiotic in the first place, but you are probably right.
    I kinda agree here...

2) The 2jz was introduced to the US in 1993/4 so that's less than 10yrs.
    It came over in the Supra in 93, and the Aristo V in 91, but whatever. N54 came to market in 06' so we're on year 8 and expect to see a couple 1khp builds

3) You keep neglecting the fact that there was no aftermarket support in that time like we have today...show me how many 1000+ hp turbos were available to the import market back then. Here is an early 2000 supra from Japan that was limited by the turbo's available...http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/hpi16_2.htm
    Ok, I'll give you that, turbos have definitely changed, I honestly couldn't tell you what was or wasn't available, but I'm sure choices were slim. Not completely buying it as an excuse though as I know some options were out there, and custom built turbos were around before that time

4) 1645whp with the IRON block, http://dsportmag.com/browse/featured...ide-with-pride

Just give up bro! LMFAO...
    That's pretty extensive motor work....

Give up on what? I laugh when I post N54=2jz and $#@! like that...why? Cause it's always funny how people like you take it seriously and feel you have to prove differently and then struggle to make good points to prove differently....I in no way expect to see the N54 do anything like the 2jz. However, respect should be given where its earned, and the platform had earned some respect, and this year will prove even more people wrong about what they think about it...maybe.

EDIT: BTW, you think I really am confident in it when I cancelled my HTA 3794r turbo and scrapped plans to build motor right away and switched to a 3586r? I'll wait for someone else to test it out before I go blowing up a motor.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Probably not out there...maybe the new Z07, but we'll see. That was his point with the N54 though, 720whp+ on stock fuel system, stock motor, etc...
    I think we're forgetting that the Vargas & Vishnu ST 700 WHP runs both had upgraded LPFPs (whether it was the OEM/Walbro combo or the in-line booster). But excluding that difference, the N54 is realistically a DI fueling upgrade away from being 1000 WHP+ car.

But until then, this is all forum bench racing.... So until we have some concrete data or video, blah Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I think we're forgetting that the Vargas & Vishnu ST 700 WHP runs both had upgraded LPFPs (whether it was the OEM/Walbro combo or the in-line booster). But excluding that difference, the N54 is realistically a DI fueling upgrade away from being 1000 WHP+ car.

But until then, this is all forum bench racing.... So until we have some concrete data or video, blah Click here to enlarge
    Hey, I just enjoy getting a rise outta who I can...mainly Sticky...LOL

N54>2jz>S65......HAHA!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's pretty extensive motor work....
    Still Iron and pretty much what a build for any motor requires...

Give up on what? I laugh when I post N54=2jz and $#@! like that...why? Cause it's always funny how people like you take it seriously and feel you have to prove differently and then struggle to make good points to prove differently....I in no way expect to see the N54 do anything like the 2jz. However, respect should be given where its earned, and the platform had earned some respect, and this year will prove even more people wrong about what they think about it...maybe.

EDIT: BTW, you think I really am confident in it when I cancelled my HTA 3794r turbo and scrapped plans to build motor right away and switched to a 3586r? I'll wait for someone else to test it out before I go blowing up a motor.
    LMAO! Not serious at all bro, thx for being able to debate without slinging insults...it's all in good fun.

But 2jz still > N54, lol...Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Still Iron and pretty much what a build for any motor requires...

LMAO! Not serious at all bro, thx for being able to debate without slinging insults...it's all in good fun.

But 2jz still > N54, lol...Click here to enlarge
    For sure man, I really do have confidence in the N54 design, but before a bottom end option comes available I feel no matter what internals it will be a ticking time bomb over 900hp. Just a wild guess though. If 700whp proves to be pretty reliable though on stock fuel, stock motor, etc. that is damn impressive. We'll see!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

For sure man, I really do have confidence in the N54 design, but before a bottom end option comes available I feel no matter what internals it will be a ticking time bomb over 900hp. Just a wild guess though. If 700whp proves to be pretty reliable though on stock fuel, stock motor, etc. that is damn impressive. We'll see!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's still spooling.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I have no clue who E. Kanoo is but I do know that I want 1900 wheel horsepower.
    Come to Bahrain, I'll introduce you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

For sure man, I really do have confidence in the N54 design, but before a bottom end option comes available I feel no matter what internals it will be a ticking time bomb over 900hp. Just a wild guess though. If 700whp proves to be pretty reliable though on stock fuel, stock motor, etc. that is damn impressive.
    Has anyone taken apart one of these 700 WHP+ N54s? I think it's great and all that the motor is performing fine, that we haven't reached the limitation of the stock CR, but I am worried about the internals, specifically the con rods.

(Just for a comparison) I know that there are several turbo P-cars putting down 1k WHP on E85/Race tunes that are using the stock pistons, but forged rods are a necessity above 800 WHP (most notably, the USP Motorsports 996 GT2). And the problem with this is that unless compression dropped, you started to hear knock, or the motor detonated, you'd have no idea that the rods weren't up for the job until it's too late.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Even those 800 whp motors are on borrowed time. They are not run like that daily they get dialed back quite a bit for driving around.

Regardless, you will want to upgrade the internals if you want to run hard at that power level.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast