Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You cant be serious man? Join the 21st century, yes the DI is the weak link, PI is the way to go. Well tell that to GM, and everyone else going to DI because well its just plain more efficient, and allows you to run high compression and high boost. 2JZ blah blah blah. Come back after the N5X's have a full compliment of engine and fuel parts available for them, until then, you are trying to compare a motor in its infancy stage to one of the most modded engines on the planet. I guess that makes sense in some peoples brains, but not the ones actually thinking clearly. Good day sir. Subscriptions turned off for this thread, I can see the black hole this is going down. Enjoy the hours you spend here defending your beloved 2J.
    They are going to direct injection for emissions. It isn't new tech, the Mercedes SL had it in the 50's.

The LT1 is direct injected yet the S65 without direct injection has higher compression.

I was joking about the 2JZ comparisons but here we go for the 108401348104183x time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...eel-horsepower

S54 isn't Di, laid down a nice number on higher comp ratio than a N54...
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yes I am DEAD SERIOUS. When the N54 has been around as long as the 2J (23 years now), come back and lets talk 8 second passes and records. This motor is in its infancy stage. The technology this motor uses, from the injection system to the efficiency of the combustion process, etc. Are light years ahead of that old school Toyota motor. As the person above said, to get a anywhere near 2000 hp out of it, the motor is no longer a 2JZ its a billet copy of it. Once parts like that are available for the N54 or its variants(N55, S55, Etc) including cast iron, and closed deck blocks. The I6 3L game will be changed. The S55 very well may be the starting platform for this as it comes closed deck, but time will tell. Great the 2J makes huge power 23 years after it came out and every imaginable part is available for it. We don't even have a proper fuel system for the N5X motors yet, and people are already comparing them. The 2J is a great motor, but its old tech. Show me a 750 WHP 2JZ on the stock injectors, stock fuel pump, and stock internals.. I will wait, go ahead.

Everyone has his opinion.

Supra engine's reliability / power has not been matched by M3 I6 engines.
    2JZ can be old tech but it does make much more power than our M3 engines. My S54 B35 engines are making 1200 dyno dynamics and 1400 dyno jet, still trying to make S54 reliable at these levels.

Supra is making more power.

GTR is out ther for the last 4 years and they make huge power as well. GTR s are newer than N54/N55 but make x 3 the power...
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge

2JZ can be old tech but it does make much more power than our M3 engines. My S54 B35 engines are making 1200 dyno dynamics and 1400 dyno jet, still trying to make S54 reliable at these levels.

GTR is out ther for the last 4 years and they make huge power as well. GTR s are newer than N54/N55 but make x 3 the power...
    When Mert starts making sense...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Wish I could rep you Mert, your builds are amazing dude. Very intelligent post
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ekanoo's street GTR

-08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlownE92M3 Click here to enlarge
    1 minute video, this I have the patience for.

This guy has some fast ass $#@!ing cars. How I'd love to have an 8 second street M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly right.

The S65 is about to make the N54 looks like a child's toy and it's been on the market for less time...
    Seriously? by what? 1 year?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention much more reliable
    S65 is more reliable? And which motor has to be built to reach over 600whp? OH yes....S65....which motor has had an issue blowing cylinder heads on stock power levels? Oh yes...S65....

I love these debates cause I love how soo many hate on the N54 as opposed to just being optimistic and embracing all it has already accomplished with such little aftermarket support. Think about it, Vargas is easily the largest Vendor to come into the world of N54 and look what they've accomplished in what? 2-3 years? BMS is a small company, RB is small, no big money has been put behind the N54 platform yet it continues to accel.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Seriously? by what? 1 year?
    That changes it being on the market less and making more power how? It was always going to make more power. It was always going to do it faster. This was said from day one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    S65 is more reliable? And which motor has to be built to reach over 600whp? OH yes....S65....which motor has had an issue blowing cylinder heads on stock power levels? Oh yes...S65....
    WTF are you talking about blowing cylinder heads?

The S65 is built for actual racing and actually succeeds in real racing. It was not built for the cheapest possible overhead in mass production.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

True, but the VR38 is completely different and not even comparable to a 2j, S54, or N54. 3.8L V compared to 3.0L straight 6's? Come on now...and even then the motor is built at a very high expense to the wallet to go over 1000hp. It's just a platform that has had a ton of money thrown at it thanks to the success of its predecessor

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WTF are you talking about blowing cylinder heads?

The S65 is built for actual racing and actually succeeds in real racing. It was not built for the cheapest possible overhead in mass production.
    Come on...the cylinder 5 issue? You should know, your boys over at Gintani were one of the first ones to really bring it to light

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come on...the cylinder 5 issue? You should know, your boys over at Gintani were one of the first ones to really bring it to light
    What you're talking about is bearings. BMW changed these parts.

BMW did the same thing with the S54. How did that motor turn out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That changes it being on the market less and making more power how? It was always going to make more power. It was always going to do it faster. This was said from day one.
    Here we go....there's only been one S65 to make more power than any N54...and that's yours...still with the only dyno to be seen at 773whp...a whopping wait...oh ok about the same as the N54 world record eh? Only difference being what now? S65 being built and having how much money thrown at it?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What you're talking about is bearings. BMW changed these parts.

BMW did the same thing with the S54. How did that motor turn out?
    OK, and BMW also addressed the HPFP issue on the N54...so why are we even bring up reliability? I was just pointing out both motors haven't been 100% perfect since inception is all. S65 so far has only proven to be a great motor to throw a S/C on for around 600whp, which hey, it's an awesome car at that, and obviously potential for more, but no one is doing it...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here's only been one S65 to make more power than any N54...and that's yours...
    Uh.. no.

still with the only dyno to be seen at 773whp...a whopping wait...oh ok about the same as the N54 world record eh?
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...I-supercharger

You don't know what you're talking about.

Only difference being what now? S65 being built and having how much money thrown at it?
    More than you would be able to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK, and BMW also addressed the HPFP issue on the N54...so why are we even bring up reliability? I was just pointing out both motors haven't been 100% perfect since inception is all. S65 so far has only proven to be a great motor to throw a S/C on for around 600whp, which hey, it's an awesome car at that, and obviously potential for more, but no one is doing it...
    Are you kidding me? You're equating HPFP's to address failing fuel pumps on street motors to Motorsport racing? Are you crazy?

What do you mean no one is doing it? A guy on the East Coast has a built motor Stroker YSI. There are turbo cars you don't even know of. There are cars in China, Hong Kong, etc. 90% of Gintani's business is overseas. The US economy is that big of a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Disagree about the fuel system, that is the weak link of the motor to me. Di is not easily upgradable where you can just swap I'm some 1600cc injectors and forget about it. It makes the motor dirty and is a hassle for tuning.
    In 22 years this motor will be nothing more than a fast bolt on motors and that's all it will ever be. I put money on it. To mention this motor in the same breath as a 2jz at this point in its life is laughable. Can this motor be solid? Sure. But at the end of the day it's an open deck direct injected motor.
    It's gonna take tons of money, and let's be honest when you say it's a billet copy....
    What motor isn't built at 1800hp. Are you serious? If you're gonna tell me somebody is gonna put one of these in the 8s on a stock block I'm prepared to say that is stupid. Hell the 4g63 is ancient but I personally know the owner of a stock block 8 second DSM.
    New technology doesn't always mean better sir.
    I think the point is...every "2j" car that people bring up making huge power and doing this and doing that...the motor is barely a 2j at that point....Titan billet block, stroker kit, I mean there is nothing left that is 2j, besides the basic design...so yeah if those same parts were available would it matter that the N54 is open deck from factory? No...none of the stock parts would matter, just like they don't in a fully built Titan race "2jz" And when comparing what the motor can do stock motor vs stock motor, there's not too many out there that can do what the N54 can do. It hasn't been swapped because of the technology and lack of 0 support for an aftermarket ECU.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh.. no.
    Show me the dynos....

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...I-supercharger

You don't know what you're talking about.
    And...828 Flywheel HP equates to what WHP? Oh ok...thanks

More than you would be able to?
    Why would you think this? What have you spent on your car? I doubt it's a number I couldn't afford...

Do you have more money than me? I don't know...probably...but is it your money you earned or are you just some trust fund baby? I mean, if you're resorting to a comment like this anyway that's pretty much conceding the debate...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And...828 Flywheel HP equates to what WHP? Oh ok...thanks
    Did you even look at what dyno that was on? That's Shoot 8F on a Dyno Dynamics. I love you thinking that equates to a 15% Dynojet correction factor but it doesn't. Maybe you should, uh, read that thread? When was that done again? What boost was that at btw?

So yep you were wrong regarding your 'only 1' comment.

Why would you think this? What have you spent on your car? I doubt it's a number I couldn't afford...
    Sure.

Do you have more money than me? I don't know...probably...but is it your money you earned or are you just some trust fund baby? I mean, if you're resorting to a comment like this anyway that's pretty much conceding the debate...
    I wish I was a trust fund baby. I wish I didn't have to do anything and just had a pile of money accruing interest somewhere that would be sweet. I wouldn't be wasting my time here that's for sure.

It takes money to build an S65 up but it makes much more power without the headaches. People mod N54's for the value. It is what it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you even look at what dyno that was on? That's Shoot 8F on a Dyno Dynamics. I love you thinking that equates to a 15% Dynojet correction factor but it doesn't. Maybe you should, uh, read that thread? When was that done again? What boost was that at btw?

So yep you were wrong regarding your 'only 1' comment.
    No, I just saw flywheel and lost interest....not that I really care what an S65 is doing anyway....once they do something to impress I'll pay attention

I wish I was a trust fund baby. I wish I didn't have to do anything and just had a pile of money accruing interest somewhere that would be sweet. I wouldn't be wasting my time here that's for sure.
    Completely off subject, but curious, what do you do for a living? I'm personally in construction, custom home building and remodeling to be specific.

It takes money to build an S65 up but it makes much more power without the headaches. People mod N54's for the value. It is what it is.
    I dunno, I definitely like the bolt-on S/C 600whp M3's, but for all the added money for the next level, I just don't feel that I've seen much. I mean, according to you there's a hand full of M3's around the world pushing what type of power? And apparently Gintani built but we haven't heard of? Pushing more power than your car which is supposedly the world's highest power? Not making much sense to me....building a motor and putting all the extra work into a motor that does 6xx whp on stock motor to only get to even 800-900 whp just doesn't seem worth it to me; but that's my opinion.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, I just saw flywheel and lost interest....not that I really care what an S65 is doing anyway....once they do something to impress I'll pay attention
    LOL ok. So your points about it have all been incorrect and you don't even bother learning. Ok, suit yourself.

Completely off subject, but curious, what do you do for a living? I'm personally in construction, custom home building and remodeling to be specific.
    I dump money into S65's for a living.

I dunno, I definitely like the bolt-on S/C 600whp M3's, but for all the added money for the next level, I just don't feel that I've seen much.
    Mid 10's @ 130 isn't much? What do you want?

I mean, according to you there's a hand full of M3's around the world pushing what type of power? And apparently Gintani built but we haven't heard of?
    That's correct. I can't force these people on forums.

Pushing more power than your car which is supposedly the world's highest power? Not making much sense to me....building a motor and putting all the extra work into a motor that does 6xx whp on stock motor to only get to even 800-900 whp just doesn't seem worth it to me; but that's my opinion.
    So let's say it's 800. 200 more whp with stronger internals isn't worth it to you? Ok, so what, it has to be 810380184013410403 wheel horsepower? You're not making any sense. If it was an N54 you'd be saying it deserves a Nobel Prize.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dump money into S65's for a living.
    Seriously? Too embarassed to state what you do? I mean, you like to show off your house when you can, talk about how no one could put the money you have in your S65....I guess running germanboost.com pays pretty well

Mid 10's @ 130 isn't much? What do you want?
    I thought stock motor supercharged M3's run this? No?

That's correct. I can't force these people on forums.
    Well, you surely seem to know about them so what's your source? Lets see the info you used/have?

So let's say it's 800. 200 more whp with stronger internals isn't worth it to you? Ok, so what, it has to be 810380184013410403 wheel horsepower? You're not making any sense. If it was an N54 you'd be saying it deserves a Nobel Prize.
    No, it's not worth it to me at all. Stronger internals? Wasn't aware of engine failures being an issue at ~600whp so I don't see an argument for added reliability. I know, if it was N54 that would be awful since the motor is already good for 700-750whp in stock form. This is why I downgraded turbos on my car actually, because I know I'll be able to get around 700whp or a little more, so why build a motor to attempt 900whp if we don't know the block will hold, especially when I wouldn't feel all the extra money would be worth less than 200whp which doesn't equate to a whole lot of time on the strip.....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seriously? Too embarassed to state what you do? I mean, you like to show off your house when you can, talk about how no one could put the money you have in your S65....I guess running germanboost.com pays pretty well
    Not embarassed at all and I don't need to brag. I don't show off anything there happen to be things in the background. Are you jealous perhaps? I should apologize for some reason? Do you want my birth certificate perhaps and income tax returns?

I thought stock motor supercharged M3's run this? No?
    Exactly. Bolt on 10's. Not good enough? Then build the motor and go for whatever you want.

Well, you surely seem to know about them so what's your source? Lets see the info you used/have?
    Maybe I actually go to shops that do the work? There's already info posted about some of the things I've mentioned anyway. Maybe you should just read the forum?

No, it's not worth it to me at all. Stronger internals? Wasn't aware of engine failures being an issue at ~600whp so I don't see an argument for added reliability.
    Oh no engine failure at 600 equals handling 800 no problem. And changing internals to stronger lower compression pieces means what? You don't see it? I can't help you then.

I know, if it was N54 that would be awful since the motor is already good for 700-750whp in stock form.
    Yeah a couple dyno pulls cracking 700 whp and all of a sudden N54's are good for 750 whp in stock form. L O L. And they still haven't run a quicker time than stock internal supercharged M3's? Yeah what a beast.

because I know I'll be able to get around 700whp or a little more, so why build a motor to attempt 900whp if we don't know the block will hold, especially when I wouldn't feel all the extra money would be worth less than 200whp which doesn't equate to a whole lot of time on the strip.....
    Yeah 200 whp is meaningless. You don't know what you're talking about. That's just about 20 miles per hour of trap speed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast