Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Blarg you beat me to it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Chevrolet official 2015 Z06 and Z07 walkaround video

Well, I would write more but the video pretty much covers everything.

2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Dammit...you just beat me....sorry @Sticky you can take my thread down...lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

The only thing the beat a corvette, is another corvette LMAO. C7Z06, C6ZR1 Killer.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    The only thing the beat a corvette, is another corvette LMAO. C7Z06, C6ZR1 Killer.
    Right? I can't get over how sick this car is and how bad I want one...Forget buying an X5M daily this year I may just be ordering another sports car...only difference is this will probably rape my ST 335i in bone stock form. LOL

Watching new corvette videos makes me feel like this... Click here to enlarge I'm feeling pumped and I need more!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Threads merged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I'm already thinking about how long it will take for the Z07 appearance package to made available via aftermarket on the stingray. Also wondering how long until a larger S/C is fitted along with some cams, exhaust, and nitrous. I give LMR 60 days after it hits the market...Lol So much want....anyone want to purchase one badass ST 335i? $40k cash and it's yours....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Those appearance parts were already available in the aftermarket it's interesting how GM applied what most body kit manufacturers were doing. The sideblades, the lip, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Those appearance parts were already available in the aftermarket it's interesting how GM applied what most body kit manufacturers were doing. The sideblades, the lip, etc.
    To be honest, I love that, I love everything they did, makes it look much more track ready rather than having some body molded and painted parts, I dunno, it's honestly just one of the best looking cars I've ever laid eyes on. Can't wait to drive/ride in one.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I don't know why they didn't just give it a DCT though. They say they want to replicate the performance and the new 8-speed is lighter than the 6-speed auto they are replacing and clearly quicker shifting but... why not a DCT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I don't know why they didn't just give it a DCT though. They say they want to replicate the performance and the new 8-speed is lighter than the 6-speed auto they are replacing and clearly quicker shifting but... why not a DCT?
    This. I was very disappointing in the no DCT option. BRB Chevy making a 80-100k sports car and only offering a slushbox auto.
    -08 E92 Brushed Steel DCT 613hp-
    -ESS/AR 700 - KW V3's - AR Design - Volk TE37 - Vorsteiner - Challenge-
    -2012 Brushed Red Aluminum GTR-
    - Jacks 3.8 w/ Jacks heads - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - ADV.1 - Ecutek via Visconti -
    - 1060hp 852tq 32psi - 9.34 @150mph 7688ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA -
    http://www.jackstransmissions.com/
    http://store.vtune.us/
    http://www.revvolution.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Most American cars don't do DCT. They stick to AUTO or Manual .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What they say in the press release they wanted to give the you the refinement of an automatic around town and the shift speeds of a DCT for track driving. Also doesn't hurt that it can hold 737tq in stock form. I won't knock the transmission until I try it in the 2015 Stingray. If they are claiming faster shift speeds than the PDK, then that is mighty impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I'm already thinking about how long it will take for the Z07 appearance package to made available via aftermarket on the stingray.
    Exactly want I was thinking. I what a Stingray with the Z07 stage 3 aero. Listening to the engineers, they put a lot wind tunnel time into those pieces. These are just some tacked on aftermarket pieces.

It looks like the front splitter, canards, and fender flares should be able to swap right over. Not sure about the carbon rocker extensions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    What they say in the press release they wanted to give the you the refinement of an automatic around town and the shift speeds of a DCT for track driving. Also doesn't hurt that it can hold 737tq in stock form. I won't knock the transmission until I try it in the 2015 Stingray. If they are claiming faster shift speeds than the PDK, then that is mighty impressive.
    It's a Z06 not a Buick Regal.

It seems like this 8 speed is a great trans but it still shows the Americans lag behind technologically when they should be at the forefront. That also gives their cars the perception of value engineering.

If they started pushing the Germans around in areas other than performance per dollar...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I was really contemplating the manual Stingary just for fun driving around but if this 8-speed really is as good as they are making it out to be it will be hard not to opt for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

It's a Z06 not a Buick Regal.
    Exactly why it is still offered in manual, for the real petrolheads.

The 8 speed is there for some extra sales volume and for the magazine racers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Exactly why it is still offered in manual, for the real petrolheads.
    True but shouldn't this also be why it is offered with a DCT option?

The 8 speed is there for some extra sales volume and for the magazine racers.
    I'm willing to bet the 8-speed gets the Stingray into the high 11's consistently. Definitely will make it easy to drag race. I'm also wondering if they will have a trick paddle shift setup for holding gears.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I. LOVE. THIS. CAR.

expect the 8L90 to be far greater than the 6L90 in terms of shift speed and torque capability. With any technology it will continue to evolve so if they say this trans will shift faster than a pdk id believe them. Granted the jury is still out but I have a feeling this car is GMs "$#@! you germany and japan...we can do this in rwd" in just about every performance aspect you can compare. id find a GT-R with just a tune hard pressed to outrun this thing bone stock in a straight line.....and with the new DI on this its gonna wake up from JUST a tune. add a pulley, intake, and headers and well....all your likely to see is the rear end of that car
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    Most American cars don't do DCT. They stick to AUTO or Manual .
    They've given a fiesta and the dart a DCT and really wish the vette and GT500 would get them, talk about awesome!
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A DCT is superior to a torque converter auto in the most important aspect of shifting , time from paddle pull to actual shift. I don't give a $#@! if the "mechanical shift time is x , I care about the transmissions response time and how long the actual ENTIRE process takes and feels. I guarantee when people drive this tranny vs the PDK in the new GT3 for instance not one will pick the 8 speed . Its the same old game of "performance for the money " with Chevy. The fact that they are using an undersized ancient Eaton blower as well is disappointing and will limit any further increase in power , as upping the boost on that set up will make it almost instantly heat soak . I would expect it to heat soak in stock form as well when used in anger on the track. From a guy who has always looked at the Z06 as an out of the box road course performer it likely will not hold up to that use as well as its NA ancestors. Honestly i was expected more innovation out of Chevy on this .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    A DCT is superior to a torque converter auto in the most important aspect of shifting , time from paddle pull to actual shift. I don't give a $#@! if the "mechanical shift time is x , I care about the transmissions response time and how long the actual ENTIRE process takes and feels. I guarantee when people drive this tranny vs the PDK in the new GT3 for instance not one will pick the 8 speed . Its the same old game of "performance for the money " with Chevy. The fact that they are using an undersized ancient Eaton blower as well is disappointing and will limit any further increase in power , as upping the boost on that set up will make it almost instantly heat soak . I would expect it to heat soak in stock form as well when used in anger on the track. From a guy who has always looked at the Z06 as an out of the box road course performer it likely will not hold up to that use as well as its NA ancestors. Honestly i was expected more innovation out of Chevy on this .
    This is a good post.

They took the LT1, grabbed a cheap Eaton blower, and are sharing the 8-speed auto between the Stingray and Z06.

Chevy is doing everything they can to keep costs low and profits high. They'll get away with it too.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast