Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

6-speed 2014 Porsche 981 Cayman S at the drag strip - 13.3@108

The Cayman is not a car exactly built for the strip but that is not because it is not capable. It's fairly light and with the same 3.4 liter flat-6 motor (although detuned) as the Porsche 911 Carrera it certainly is capable. This is a pretty good real world example of the 6-speed manual model showing numbers one can realistically expect on the strip. The run takes place at the PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) dragstrip in Florida.

Click here to enlarge

The result? A 13.307 @ 108.42. That is enough trap speed for a high 12 but the 60 foot is 2.28 showing the driver is not getting the best launch. He should at least be in the 1.9X range.

Regardless, compare this 6-speed run to what Car and Driver got with the PDK version which was 12.7@111. Additionally, put this Cayman S 6-speed manual run in perspective against the standard Cayman manual which does a 13.9 @ 102.7.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I came SO close to buying a Cayman S but I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that it's so slow in a straight line. Once you start actually optioning it up the way you would want it with the performance goodies, it's like a 90k car with 320 horsepower. Just sad because I loved everything else about it. 400 horsepower and I'd buy it.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I came SO close to buying a Cayman S but I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that it's so slow in a straight line. Once you start actually optioning it up the way you would want it with the performance goodies, it's like a 90k car with 320 horsepower. Just sad because I loved everything else about it. 400 horsepower and I'd buy it.
    Well it's not really slow, it runs 12's. It's artificially limited as well to protect the 911.

If you want it faster it's easy to make it faster. It feels plenty quick...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale