Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 637 wheel horsepower for a BMS JB3 Stage 1 piggyback tuned F10 M5 - Why even bother with the Switzer P700 tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

637 wheel horsepower for a BMS JB3 Stage 1 piggyback tuned F10 M5 - Why even bother with the Switzer P700 tune?

Great results here from an F10 M5 with bolt on modifications running a JB3 piggy back tune with an extra 2.5 psi boost increase. Modifications include catless downpipes, RPI scoops, K&N filters that delete the carbon element, and 93 octane pump gas with an unnamed octane booster. The car still has the stock intake system (just changed filters) and stock exhaust after the downpipes. On a Dynojet in STD correction the result is 637 horsepower to the wheels.

It will be interesting to see how the flash and piggyback tunes come along for the F10 M5 and the result will likely be similar to how things stand in the N54 twin turbo scene which is each having their own strengths and weaknesses. The JB3 tune for the F10 M5 only costs around ~$300 (it is not listed on the BurgerTuning/BMS website yet) making it a great value.

That begs the question, why does the Switzer piggyback tune that with similar bolt on modifications put down 633 wheel horsepower on a Dynojet cost $2000 more than the BMS tune? Why? Because M5 owners generally have disposable income and don't know any better, that's why.

These two piggybacks are doing basically the exact same thing. BMS states their box is actually more advanced. They actually are even considering raising the price. It's crazy but what is even crazier is burning money for no reason. The dynographs below speak for themselves:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

damn! these new TT V8s make a so much power with few mods.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Thats badass! Its obvious now their is no need to spend additional money for the same tune. Terry is always helping out the community I hope this doesn't get overlooked by M5 owners! Great job!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Over 600whp with tune and dp. Oh my times have changed...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over 600whp with tune and dp. Oh my times have changed...
    on 93octane.. lets see some E85 runs
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    on 93octane.. lets see some E85 runs
    700 whp or bust!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    700 whp or bust!!
    Who knows... might not be far away
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

freakin insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

ironically, will probably see more sales at a higher price....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Big turbos and E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

God damn that is not normal!!!! M6 grand coupe is 100% in my future in a few years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

Nice article! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Thats badass! Its obvious now their is no need to spend additional money for the same tune. Terry is always helping out the community I hope this doesn't get overlooked by M5 owners! Great job!
    M5 owners... they just don't know their stuff. There are exceptions but I mean the knowledge level overall is pretty low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Who knows... might not be far away
    I think it is going to take some housing work but there is likely more room here on the stock twins. 650 wheel with E85 or with meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I would think we'd see some similar mods as the GTR maybe? Like downpipes, intercooler, exhaust, tune, and full e85 fuel setups, gonna be some awesome straight line cars, I just hope they keep the track in mind for M2,M3,M4, and then leave M5,M6,and hopefully M7 as big power straight line monsters.

Nice job Terry! Congrats on the tune! Hopefully some BMS //M performance packages in the future?
    2009 335i coupe PARTING OUT!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I just hope they keep the track in mind for M2,M3,M4, and then leave M5,M6,and hopefully M7 as big power straight line monsters.
    That seems to be exactly what they are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ironically, will probably see more sales at a higher price....
    It will see more sales when they list it on their site , and at least make it look like they have done at least some testing on the S63TU ( not even S63TU install instructions ) . The N63 is not even close to the same engine. I understand tricking the TMap is how it works in both cars . But people want to know if fueling can keep up with the increased boost , how does the DCT and MDM react to the increased measured torque/engine load etc (. Making big dyno numbers and working in the real world in all situations can be two different things ( look at the supercharged S85's for instance ). Price has nothing to do with it for me .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    But people want to know if fueling can keep up with the increased boost
    I don't see how the fuel system could be even close to maxed at these levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see how the fuel system could be even close to maxed at these levels.
    At +2.5 psi probably not , at +3, + 4 or + 5 psi who knows . The pistons are not forged so where do they go at 650whp ? My point is I want know where the limit is at not guess . It's a pricey motor to do R&D on as an end user . And more isn't always better , but it is most of the time lol . But I do appreciate the value BMS is giving the community , all the piggybacks should be 300 bucks .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    At +2.5 psi probably not , at +3, + 4 or + 5 psi who knows . The pistons are not forged so where do they go at 650whp ? My point is I want know where the limit is at not guess . It's a pricey motor to do R&D on as an end user . And more isn't always better , but it is most of the time lol . But I do appreciate the value BMS is giving the community , all the piggybacks should be 300 bucks .
    The pistons don't have to be forged for these power levels, not yet. Even smaller motors with cast pistons are holding more power. It's detonation that would kill them.

Where is the limit? Well, how good is your tuner?

For now we aren't approaching the limits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We've done a few local M5 installs and I have some photos floating around. We'll be updating the guide for them shortly. On fueling the same Stage1 limitations apply. Meaning you can run +2-3psi levels. Beyond that need stronger fuel and timing control as our N63 Stage2 has.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This is awesome, awesome news. 650 whp should be very doable then with say, full straight pipes from the DPs back. I knew eventually the piggyback tunes would come in strong for this engine. Right now, we're looking at about 750 crank hp? I fall in love with these cars more and more every day. Great work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

So this is basically a jb+?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)

It's technically similar to having two JB+ systems as each engine is bank is run by its own DME. But same basic concept.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The M5 and M6 are just monsters with this. Unreal power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast