Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 162
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Weistec Stage 2 supercharged daily driven C63 AMG goes 10.7@130 in the 1/4 mile

    Daily driven 10 second C63 AMG trapping at 130+ in the 1/4 mile? No problem. This C63 AMG is from Long Beach California and was driven up to the Famoso Drag strip. The owner just changed the rear tires and wheels to a drag setup and the result was 10.794 @ 130.23 miles per hour with a very nice 1.612 60 foot. He clearly is hooking up very well and has just about maximized what he can hit with his Stage II 2.3 liter twin screw.

    Click here to enlarge

    As a reminder, the Weistec Stage II supercharger consists of the components listed below and is good for an increase of over 144 wheel horsepower over stock. This car also has long tube headers.

    Weistec Stage II M156 supercharger Key Features:


    • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
    • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
    • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
    • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
    • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
    • Billet Aluminum Direct Drive Cradle System
    • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
    • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
    • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
    • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
    • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
    • High Flow Fuel Rail System
    • Molded Silicone Couplers
    • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
    • Weistec Engineering Stage 2 Supercharger System ECU Reflash


    Time slip and photos below, density altitude was +291 at the time of the run.

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice!

    130 is moving.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah that's not bad at all.

    I'm wondering what the 3.0 liter setup can do on pump gas at the strip? 135?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    436
    Rep Points
    221.4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    These cars are so awesome! Now was this done with 93 oct or 91?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    85.1
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    very very nice. I love these beastly C63's.
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

    Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    85.1
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'm wondering what the 3.0 liter setup can do on pump gas at the strip? 135?
    So the C63 above wasnt running on race gas?
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

    Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    846
    Rep Points
    895.9
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    what are the ballpark horsepower figures for this set up?

    130 is moving for sure.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the C63 above wasnt running on race gas?
    Unless he filled up with race gas at the track then no.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what are the ballpark horsepower figures for this set up?

    130 is moving for sure.
    Overview of all the setups: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...th-price-drops

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    995
    Rep Points
    85.1
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless he filled up with race gas at the track then no.
    He was on Race gas!Click here to enlarge
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

    Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Points
    459.7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Full MS109. You should mention it in the article

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Full MS109. You should mention it in the article
    It's mentioned in the comments so taken care of. I didn't say what gas he was running one way or another and it's a 91 octane tune I believe.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    500.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was there and saw this car run, it was hooking up great and the 60' times were impressive.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was there and saw this car run, it was hooking up great and the 60' times were impressive.
    Did you run?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Points
    716.4
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Full MS109. You should mention it in the article
    Both my and Jim's car were running 10.7's a couple of years ago without MS109 so I can see this car doing that without race fuel.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    500.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you run?
    No just went out to hang, you know I'm not that interested in drag racing. Mostly went to see the guys from Weistec and Jim. Was a bummer his car didn't run, but I'll let Jim discuss that...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Whatever it is they will work out the kinks.

    I'll probably do a drag rental in March.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Points
    459.7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both my and Jim's car were running 10.7's a couple of years ago without MS109 so I can see this car doing that without race fuel.
    I never said that car couldn't elapse that time without race gas! Only stating what it had, as it WAS on race gas.

    In addition, your car was running A different setup than the setup on the car above. You had race ported heads, and higher boost on your 2.3L. In addition, I recall you had a RACE tune. I remember you were making 664 whp and Jim was making 660. I also recall you ran a 10.8-10.9. So you can't compare your car with the one above as your car was more powerful during that period, and still is :-)
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In addition, your car was running A different setup than the setup on the car above. You had race ported heads, and higher boost on your 2.3L. In addition, I recall you had a RACE tune. I remember you were making 664 whp and Jim was making 660. I also recall you ran a 10.8-10.9. So you can't compare your car with the one above as your car was more powerful during that period, and still is :-)
    This is all accurate.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    350
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    This post by TT C6 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Points
    459.7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I have a TON of respect for the OEM stock C63.
    But, I would simply buy a CTS-V with a OEM supercharger and bolt ons, and be faster, before I would do an aftermarket supercharger on a C63, and be slower.




    .
    Sorry but that has to be one of the dumbest posts I have read recently. I have seen NA Bolt-on C63's overtake CTS-V's many times here in Qatar.

    A supercharged C63 would humiliate any CTS-V with bolt ons on the street. I ran a couple of bolt on CTS-V's runnning on methanol with my supercharged SL63 and overtook them easily. @Sirex63 , also ran with a couple bolt on CTS-V's in the UAE with his supercharged C63 and did the same thing
    Slower you say? lol, really shows that you know nothing about both cars.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a TON of respect for the OEM stock C63.
    But, I would simply buy a CTS-V with a OEM supercharger and bolt ons, and be faster, before I would do an aftermarket supercharger on a C63, and be slower.
    Then buy one.

    Why would you be faster with a CTS-V with bolt ons? You are going to push the stock blower which is a roots out of its efficiency range and generate too much heat just trying to keep up. Not to mention this is the 2.3 liter blower and not the 3.0 twin screw. On top of that, the M156 has the same displacement yet a higher redline and superior heads/valvetrain. The C63 is also lighter.

    I also have no idea why you brought this up as its irrelevant.

    Also, did you even notice that slip you posted is the same trap in negative DA? All that 20 years of experience coming into play? So... how is this car slower again exactly?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am hoping the next W205 C63 can duplicate these times with just a tune, and maybe bolt ons.
    If so, and it gets a DCT and AWD, I am in for one.
    I thought you said you would only get one if it had the M157 and the 4.0 would be too disappointing?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    350
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    This post by TT C6 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    350
    Rep Points
    0.1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then buy one.

    Why would you be faster with a CTS-V with bolt ons? You are going to push the stock blower which is a roots out of its efficiency range and generate too much heat just trying to keep up. Not to mention this is the 2.3 liter blower and not the 3.0 twin screw. On top of that, the M156 has the same displacement yet a higher redline and superior heads/valvetrain. The C63 is also lighter.

    I also have no idea why you brought this up as its irrelevant.

    Also, did you even notice that slip you posted is the same trap in negative DA? All that 20 years of experience coming into play? So... how is this car slower again exactly?



    I thought you said you would only get one if it had the M157 and the 4.0 would be too disappointing?
    Considering Atco is my home track, I'm obviously aware of the good air. Thanks.
    I posted that link because I'm familiar with that car.
    I'm not going to scour the internet for similar cars in similar DA.
    But, thanks for another one of your responses to my posts that are par for the course.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    109,218
    Rep Points
    27,154.3
    Mentioned
    1833 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    272



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering Atco is my home track, I'm obviously aware of the good air. Thanks.
    So a bolt on CTS-V traps the same on the East Coast in negative DA and you saying it is faster than a C63 with a 2.3 liter blower in positive California DA? How does this make any sense?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But, thanks for another one of your responses to my posts that are par for the course.
    Well you've yet to impress me with your automotive knowledge.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •