72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hennessey C7 Corvette Runs 200 MPH on Texas Toll Road

Texas.

Hennessey Corvette Breaks 200 MPH on New Texas Toll Road
    HPE600 first 2014 C7 Corvette to eclipse the double century mark
    December 17, 2013

Available for Immediate Release

Houston, Texas-Only a handful of supercars exist that can rightfully lay claim to achieving 200 mph and beyond. With a serious injection of horsepower from Hennessey Performance (HPE), the new Corvette Stingray has entered that exclusive club. On December 11, 2013, an HPE-upgraded C7 Corvette, driven by company founder John Hennessey, achieved a top speed of 200.6 mph, making it the first C7 Corvette to break the double-century mark. The run was verified with both the VBox GPS-based data acquisition system and by radar courtesy of Texas DPS State Troopers who were on hand.

The record run took place on a closed section of the newly completed segment E of Texas State Highway 99, also known as the Grand Parkway that's located west of Houston, made available by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The new toll road section, which opens to the public on Saturday, December 21st, connects Interstate 10 with Highway 290. The day also gave TxDOT officials and their toll road engineers from TransCore the chance to test its toll tag RFID system with Hennessey vehicles.

"The road is perfectly smooth and the Corvette was very stable and easy to drive at 200 mph," said driver and company founder John Hennessey. "I'd put the Texas highway system up against any other highway in the world, including the German Autobahn. Our roads have proven to be smooth and safe at speeds well above 200 mph. Of course, under normal driving situations, drivers should observe speed limits that have been determined to be safe for travel on the road."

In 460-bhp production form, the production C7 Corvette Stingray straight from the Bowling Green factory is certainly no slouch-it's a true 180-mph road car. But as aero drag increases with the square of velocity, the Corvette needed to supply serious power-700 bhp at 6500 rpm-to break through the aerodynamic brick wall and achieve that extra 20 mph. The record-setting C7 utilized the HPE600 package (long-tube headers, ported factory cylinder heads, high-flow cats, HPE camshaft and HPE tune) plus a Nitrous Express 100-hp nitrous oxide system to break the 200-mph barrier.

Hennessey Performance will soon be releasing its HPE700 supercharged upgrade-also capable of 200-plus-mph performance, but without nitrous-that employs a TVS2300 supercharger, HPE custom camshaft, air induction system, high-flow heads, long-tube headers and HPE tune. Installed price for the package is $22,500.

Said Don Goldman, Hennessey CEO: "We're thrilled to have validated our upgraded C7's performance at one of the best possible highways not only in America, but the world."

In addition to the 200-mph C7, Hennessey also brought out its first HPE600 supercharged Chevrolet SS that, despite being gear-limited, easily achieved 164.2 mph on the Grand Parkway.

###

About Hennessey® Performance: Established in 1991, Hennessey® Performance (HPE) now operates from a new facility comprised of a 36,000 square foot building that is located adjacent to Lonestar Motorsports Park, the company's test track and IHRA sanctioned ¼ mile dragstrip. The 143-acre complex is located about 45 minutes west of Houston, Texas along Interstate 10. Hennessey® offer a wide variety of dyno-proven, track-tested parts for modern performance vehicles. In addition, Hennessey® operates Tuner School, the world's first fully state-licensed school dedicated to teaching and training future performance vehicle tuners.
    Last edited by nafoo; 12-17-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hennessey sucks and is a prick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know this road, I drove it once while being in houston for the past 6 months on business. Very flat and strait and nothing around. I actually cant believe the cars in houston because the roads are absolute $#@!. My car wouldnt make it down any road in uptown/galleria area, and it seems a consistently see 800-1000+ hp cars driving them. I took a pic of a 1000+ hr turbo viper at the Marriott near the Galleria and the under side of the front valence was cut to $#@!.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hennessey sucks and is a prick.
    Jealousy will get you nowhere.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Jealousy will get you nowhere.
    That must be it: http://www.300cforums.com/forums/gen...own-board.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those posts were over 7 years ago and you decide to bring it up now...must have been a bad night at the bar for you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those posts were over 7 years ago and you decide to bring it up now...must have been a bad night at the bar for you Click here to enlarge
    I got up at 6 AM today. If I had a bad night at the bar I'd still be in bed sleeping off my hangover.

I know you have a relationship with Hennessey but please don't tell me he hasn't done anything wrong. I mean how many Viper forums has he be banned from for not delivering products and selling off people's parts?

Has he changed? Maybe. But I wouldn't risk doing business with him and he has wronged people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Things have changed....I would not have done business with him otherwise.

Just curious that someone posts something positive about what he has done and in less then a day you post something negative from 6 years ago.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Things have changed....I would not have done business with him otherwise.

Just curious that someone posts something positive about what he has done and in less then a day you post something negative from 6 years ago.
    Does a marketing plot from today erase wrongs from yesterday?

I hope things have changed. They needed to.

But his past is a bit shady. I'm all for you posting your hands on experience doing business with him. I'm all for having the complete picture.

I personally have never met Hennessey but have read A LOT of things.

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Change or not. I would love to own that car lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    I know this road, I drove it once while being in houston for the past 6 months on business. Very flat and strait and nothing around. I actually cant believe the cars in houston because the roads are absolute $#@!. My car wouldnt make it down any road in uptown/galleria area, and it seems a consistently see 800-1000+ hp cars driving them. I took a pic of a 1000+ hr turbo viper at the Marriott near the Galleria and the under side of the front valence was cut to $#@!.
    This road doesn't open for another three days?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's effing sweet! I want that tester job Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    The part they ran the C7 in is a new section of the grand parkway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He ran a couple cars over 200 mph on the new Austin, TX toll road as well. The Austin toll road is nice and smooth as well. Used it to get out to the F1 race this year. Speed limit is 85 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    He ran a couple cars over 200 mph on the new Austin, TX toll road as well. The Austin toll road is nice and smooth as well. Used it to get out to the F1 race this year. Speed limit is 85 mph.
    85? Getting better.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right, not this section I guess. But the other seems similar. Maybe some advocates of TX2k14 on highway planning board? jj.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Right, not this section I guess. But the other seems similar. Maybe some advocates of TX2k14 on highway planning board? jj.
    lol, just giving you a hard time. Yeah, I'm thinking about making it out there this spring

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Toll camera took perfect pictures...
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    85? Getting better.
    Yeah, it is nice to know you can cruise around 90mph and not get a ticket.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, it is nice to know you can cruise around 90mph and not get a ticket.

Click here to enlarge
    I feel like it's only a matter of time until we have our own version of the autobahn. I don't see it out of the question to just have a special sticker/tag altogether possibly for vehicles that are approved to drive on it, so that you don't have trucks and stuff using it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel like it's only a matter of time until we have our own version of the autobahn. I don't see it out of the question to just have a special sticker/tag altogether possibly for vehicles that are approved to drive on it, so that you don't have trucks and stuff using it.
    It'll probably happen in Texas first, if it ever does. 85 is the fastest speed limit in the United States and it's here in Texas Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    It'll probably happen in Texas first, if it ever does. 85 is the fastest speed limit in the United States and it's here in Texas Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, I could see that, and then maybe something from Florida up the east coast or up to Chicago, that'd be sweet.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    he was spraying for 40 seconds, lol long ass time... just shows how strong that motor is
    JB4LIFE