Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Project Vengeance: TT 6266 + LSX 427

So I figured I might as well start an entirely new thread for the car now that its completely ditched the supercharger.

For those that dont know im going TT with precision 6266 ball bearing turbos.

Im also building an LSX(iron block) 427 with 10:1 compression shortly after.

The build is being done by New Era Performance up in rochester. It should be done, dyno tuned, and street tuned, sometime in the spring 2014.(cant street tune squat in rochester in the winter)

goal is:

800whp on pump gas(93) on low boost on my motor now
    1000whp on med boost on my 427 on pump gas
    1100+whp on high boost on my 427 on meth and pump

not venturing too far on my motor now because I dont have 6 bolt heads, i only have 4 bolt heads so any extra boost beyond out 16psi will likely lift my heads. The 427 will have 6 bolt heads so those things wont be going anywhere.

Here some pics of the turbos....they just came in today Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

For Mid/High Boost, will you be running E85/E98 or traditional Race Gas.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    For Mid/High Boost, will you be running E85/E98 or traditional Race Gas.

racegas 130 or 109

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This will be an easy 1200+whp car, just letting you know. Your figures are very low and optimistic LOL, I have no doubt you will break all those that you have posted. Congrats man, I feel this setup will be much better with your car.

I just feel bad though man, it's been a garage whore. You need to drive the $#@! so she can open her legs and get $#@!ed a little.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This will be an easy 1200+whp car, just letting you know. Your figures are very low and optimistic LOL, I have no doubt you will break all those that you have posted. Congrats man, I feel this setup will be much better with your car.

I just feel bad though man, it's been a garage whore. You need to drive the $#@! so she can open her legs and get $#@!ed a little.

hahaha...yea....its def been a shop whore...hopefully not having a blower on it anymore fixes that

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    hahaha...yea....its def been a shop whore...hopefully not having a blower on it anymore fixes that
    I feel turbo's are a bit easier. Just make a manifold, some oil and coolant lines. Get an intercooler and some pipes. Tune the $#@!.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I feel turbo's are a bit easier. Just make a manifold, some oil and coolant lines. Get an intercooler and some pipes. Tune the $#@!.
    that basically whats happening....just that this is aiming to be the FIRST front mount TT CTS-V in the world Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Subscribed....Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

and my drag wheels made it to the shop....hopefully i get better traction now

these are:

Weld Racing 17x11in drag pack
    M&H 325 45r-17

Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Daaaamn!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Fat rubber!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

im real excited for this build...right now im looking for a good LS3 style intake manifold to go on here to make it look real nice...then i need to make a decision on a boost controller....i saw @Mr.Squeeze boost controller from go fast bits....that looks really nice...

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

i would love something like this....

Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

im real excited for this build...right now im looking for a good LS3 style intake manifold to go on here to make it look real nice...then i need to make a decision on a boost controller....
    Greddy recently released a new version of their Profec boost controller that looks really clean

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here's some of the new, highlight features:
    Overall Features:

• Ultra slim Control Unit with large OLED Display
    • Separated waterproof Sensor Unit, Sensors and Sensor Unit remain in the engine compartment for easy installation
    • New faster CPU processer & smaller solenoid valve provide quicker response and more stable boost curve
    • Integrated 300kPa (43.5psi) performance pressure sensor
    • Intuitive programming and operation with large programing screen and 2-button / Dial knob control
    • Three boost display modes: Numeric, Bar-Graph, & Graphical
    • Compatible with actuator-style or external wastegates types
    • LO and HI boost settings, with a third Scramble boost setting
    • Last Boost as well as, Peak Hold Boost recall
    • Programmable Audible and visual boost warning feature
    • Safety Limiter setting for over-boost situations

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

My "concern" would be how are you going to manage traction.... Sticky rubber is great, but I'm sure with all the power you're gonna be creating (and a RWD car) are you doing any software related adjustments to the traction control strategy? Thinking along the lines like what the standalones (ProEFI or Motec) use by reducing timing instead of killing boost to recover/maintain traction.

PS -- Thought for a second that was a Hogan Manifold, I know @undercover has one on a Supra

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

i would love something like this....

Click here to enlarge

Contact NRE!!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Whats this going into?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

My "concern" would be how are you going to manage traction.... Sticky rubber is great, but I'm sure with all the power you're gonna be creating (and a RWD car) are you doing any software related adjustments to the traction control strategy? Thinking along the lines like what the standalones (ProEFI or Motec) use by reducing timing instead of killing boost to recover/maintain traction.

PS -- Thought for a second that was a Hogan Manifold, I know @undercover has one on a Supra

if the car gets uncontrollable racelogic makes a traction control system that works very well for camaros...cuts power at the first sign of slip plus its adjustable...

that intake manifold is built from TRE racing engines....damn thing likely costs as much as my turbos did (together)... lol

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Whats this going into?

my cts-v

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Greddy recently released a new version of their Profec boost controller that looks really clean

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

that looks pretty cool...this is what im was looking at from go fast bits...

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Part No. 3004

G-Force II Electronic Boost Controller

RRP: $AUD317.27

General information

GFB's G-Force II Electronic Boost Controller (part number 3004) is the best value-for-money electronic boost controller on the market. Includes more features than other higher-priced boost controllers on the market including;

" Touch screen interface with simple menu navigation " Choose your screen illuminations colours (6 to choose from) " New closed-loop correction boost control strategy " Controls boost pressures up to 50psi (3.45 bar) " 6 boost presets, individually programmable
    " Improved scramble boost feature with auxiliary remote switching " New peak-hold display shows the peak boost achieved after a boost run " Real-time boost/vacuum gauge, display in bar,psi, or kPa " Over-boost warning and cut

Our products are manufactured in Australia and the company is accredited to ISO 9001, this ensures our products meet stringent quality requirements at all stages of manufacture.

GFB have Australia's best performance turbo management solutions. See more of our range at www.gfb.com.au.

More about Boost Controllers

Take control of the boost level in your turbo car with a GFB boost controller, one of the simplest and most cost effective power increases available.

Electronic boost control with the GFB TMS touch

G-Force II More Powerful Features, more Simplicity! Performance without the hassle - easier fitment, faster tuning & setup and a simple user interface.
    G-Force II builds on this philosophy by adding more powerful features, and even more simplicity!
    Click here to enlarge
    If you’ve used the original GFB G-Force, you’ll know that it represented outstanding value for money, with advanced capabilities and features usually reserved for very expensive units.
    The G-Force II has taken everything that was great about the original, and made it better! There are new features, existing ones have been improved, and most importantly, it’s even easier to use!
    If you haven’t experienced the original G-Force, all you need to know is the G-Force II is the best value-for-money electronic boost controller out there, and it’s not just for street use - even hard-core racers will find the G-Force II has what it takes to perform on the track!
    Touch screen interface with menu button

Capacitive touch screen and new menu button make menu navigation exceptionally easy - no more pressing or holding multiple buttons!
    Choose your screen colours

There are six button illumination colour options to match your car's dash
    New closed-loop boost control strategy

For the fastest possible boost rise rate and minimum dropoff at high RPM, the new closed-loop logic helps prevent boost variations that can occur in different gears, RPM ranges and atmospheric conditions
    Internal MAP sensor handles boost pressure up to 50psi (3.45bar, 345kPa)

Still class leading performance!
    Improved scramble boost feature with remote switching capability

Scramble boost now uses a dedicated boost preset (instead of a percentage increase) so that peak boost, rise rate, and closed-loop control can be specifically tailored to suit your needs when activated. You can now lower OR increase boost pressure, AND change the spool-up rate and correction, all at the press of a button.
    6 boost presets, individually programmable

You can program 6 different peak boost pressures and rise rates, then select on-the-fly
    New peak-hold display

Shows the peak boost achieved after each boost run
    Remote input trigger

Connect the remote input wire to a switch, button, or ECU output to change boost presets or activate scramble boost

Real-time boost gauge; display in bar, psi, or kPa

Choose the gauge display pressure units to suit your preference
    Real-time vacuum display

Now shows manifold vacuum as well as boost
    Over-boost warning/cut

User adjustable warning to indicate if the boost pressure is too high and to cut the solenoid to lower boost and protect the engine
    G-Force Callibration Video

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I read an article about the new AEM infinity ecu. Not sure how a standalone would work with the CTS-V platform but the amount of control and customization that it brings is extremely impressive.

EDIT: found the article

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...ting-in-japan/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

It looks better than the old Profec boost controller,the G-force 2 still has better features.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Lol if I could rep you I would

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    Lol if I could rep you I would
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

so another member in the V forum is doing an even more epic build......it will be a 434LSX with 6766 PTE turbos....lol....mated to a 4L60E...here is a pic of his turbos...lol

Click here to enlarge

-Tommy to Josh

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast