Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

those japenese are crazy.
    would like to see the old man push the car a bit more though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

cool find wish it was subtitled or in english. would love a better explanation then a diagram. it is a cool concept though.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    wonder what the dyno chart looks like! Probably just alot of weight for no reason
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I see a ton of driveline loss for absolutely no reason at all. That's a simple exercise in futility, pure ricer thinking. More is not better in this case. I would take 1 or 2 properly sized turbos over that kit in a heartbeat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    I see a ton of driveline loss for absolutely no reason at all. That's a simple exercise in futility, pure ricer thinking. More is not better in this case. I would take 1 or 2 properly sized turbos over that kit in a heartbeat.
    Don't try to break the Japanese down logically, lol. I agree, 2 proper sized turbos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't try to break the Japanese down logically, lol. I agree, 2 proper sized turbos.
    There are some guys in the U.S. running twin superchargers on S85 M5s and others running compound boost in their Ford GTs (turbos blowing through a PD blower) so the nonsensicality has apparently spread Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

There are some guys in the U.S. running twin superchargers on S85 M5s and others running compound boost in their Ford GTs (turbos blowing through a PD blower) so the nonsensicality has apparently spread Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to defend the Ford GT setup because I have seen it in action and the graphs and it actually works well. It is needlessly complex and generated more heat, but it does work.

The twin SC M5 crap is exactly what it is. People are paying 40+k for that G-power junk. If they don't know better, they deserve it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm going to defend the Ford GT setup because I have seen it in action and the graphs and it actually works well. It is needlessly complex and generated more heat, but it does work.
    Joe Cermin's TT GT > Compound boost GT. You called it too much heat, too much parastic loss. Sure it eliminates lag but when racing how often are you below 4000rpm in a Ford GT? Just off the line where there is nothing but wheelspin anyway. Joe's problem was simply that the car couldn't put all the power down. I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree on that one.

The twin SC M5 crap is exactly what it is. People are paying 40+k for that G-power junk. If they don't know better, they deserve it.
    I believe they were running a ridiculously low amount of boost as well, something that could have been easily attained via a single T-trim vs duals. Oh well...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Joe Cermin's TT GT > Compound boost GT. You called it too much heat, too much parastic loss. Sure it eliminates lag but when racing how often are you below 4000rpm in a Ford GT? Just off the line where there is nothing but wheelspin anyway. Joe's problem was simply that the car couldn't put all the power down. I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree on that one.
    It won't make more power than a properly sized TT setup plus greater loss, lower efficiency, more heat, all of that. However, it is the only dual charged setup that I have seen that actually works well. Some of the guys love the instant torque. It simply is nice to have another option that actually does work.

I believe they were running a ridiculously low amount of boost as well, something that could have been easily attained via a single T-trim vs duals. Oh well...
    I tried explaining this on e46fanatics but got banned. That is exactly what I said, a single T-trim would not only be cheaper, but more efficient. The people selling the G-power kit didn't want to hear it. You can bring a horse to water...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It won't make more power than a properly sized TT setup plus greater loss, lower efficiency, more heat, all of that. However, it is the only dual charged setup that I have seen that actually works well. Some of the guys love the instant torque. It simply is nice to have another option that actually does work.
    I get what you're saying.

I tried explaining this on e46fanatics but got banned. That is exactly what I said, a single T-trim would not only be cheaper, but more efficient. The people selling the G-power kit didn't want to hear it. You can bring a horse to water...
    You've got to be kidding me? They banned you for that? ROFL. Why stop at 2 blowers, why not 4, since you know, a Veyron has 4 turbos... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

You've got to be kidding me? They banned you for that? ROFL.
    They get all pissed because I said the G-power setup was a needlessly complex waste of money and that a single T-trim is the way to go. Yet another reason why this place exists, they can keep the people who don't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

They get all pissed because I said the G-power setup was a needlessly complex waste of money and that a single T-trim is the way to go. Yet another reason why this place exists, they can keep the people who don't get it.
    why dont you like the idea of the the sc's from g power? dont they have the highest top speed 4door in the world? i think it did 231 and it makes 800hp. They are def expensive but so is heffner and ugr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    why dont you like the idea of the the sc's from g power? dont they have the highest top speed 4door in the world? i think it did 231 and it makes 800hp. They are def expensive but so is heffner and ugr
    Heffner and UGR are worth the money. A twin SC setup from G-power should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as UGR.

Basically, G-power doesn't have the best software. Additionally, it is needlessly complex and overpriced. $40k for a twin SC system that will put out less power than a single vortech blower setup that will run you around $10k? Seriously?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    I agree with Sticky, if you're going all out with a centrifugal blower strap a YSI on there and call it a day. There is absolutely no benefit to running dual superchargers at any level of boost let alone what that stock bottom end can take.