Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Corvette C7 Stingrey Dyno Numbers

Well, This was awaited by many. Car is totally stock. It made 416hp/416tq to the wheels

-dragtimes.com

The brand new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray’s are just starting to hit the streets and we’ve got some dyno results from one of the first customer purchased cars. The new C7 Corvette is powered by a direct injected 6.2L V8 with active fuel management and variable valve timing rated at 460HP from Chevy.To see just how much power the new Vette makes in the real world, the folks over at LPE put this great looking Cyber Grey Metallic Stingray Covette on their DynoJet for a few baseline pulls. The new Corvette did very well putting down 416 horsepower and 416 ft-lbs of torque to the rear wheels through the 7 speed manual transmission. Using a 15% drivetrain loss this puts the new Corvette at 489 horsepower and torque which is almost as much as what the old Corvette C6 Z06 was rated at.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Love seeing independent dynojet numbers.

It's ok. Decent curve that falls off at the top. A cam will do wonders.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I agree! This is very cool! I want to hear an aftermarket exhaust on it personally

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I really love these cars...I mean really love them. Only thing Chevy could have changed is the bottom of the front bumper to get rid of the two little fins they made so that an aftermarket CF lip would be easier to fit on.

Awesome performance, what doesn't make sense though is the power is close to the C6 Z06, and it weighs a little less correct? So how come performance wise it doesn't seem to be that close?

Yeah Sticky, can't wait to see what happens with some mild motor work. I saw another dyno of a C7 cammed already and they got 480whp, before heads.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I agree. This will most likely be my next car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Looks like 500whp is probably going to be the "Stage 1" standard on these....not too shabby.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yup...it didnt take long at all for 500whp

"We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

500 whp already... wow. It's hard not to like this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    500 whp already... wow. It's hard not to like this car.
    I agree...the only thing that confuses me is price variance....check out Autotrader...you can get into one for about $50k base price, but the Z51 package and fully loaded lands you just over $80k!!! WTF?!!! $30k additional for what? maybe $5k in upgrades?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I agree...the only thing that confuses me is price variance....check out Autotrader...you can get into one for about $50k base price, but the Z51 package and fully loaded lands you just over $80k!!! WTF?!!! $30k additional for what? maybe $5k in upgrades?
    I think dealers are just milking the Z51.

I kind of want one but can't get over the Vette stigma. Guess I'm just a German car snob at heart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think dealers are just milking the Z51.

I kind of want one but can't get over the Vette stigma. Guess I'm just a German car snob at heart.
    I feel the stigma with Vette's is fading away, the Camaro however...I couldn't do it...lol Mustang either, although the perception there has gotten better as well. This Vette is truly refined IMO. You're right though an M3 is still and M3 and step up from a Vette as far as status symbol for sure.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1st 10 second C7

COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Fastest I've ever been down the 1/4 mile strip was with a 2000 CBR 929 that I ran a 10.55 at 132. I've had other, faster bikes since then but never ran them down the strip. But to have a "stock" car beat me would have blown my mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

pretty sweet not going to Lie and I'm pretty that setup wouldn't to bad in price at all!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

guys this c7 is no joke! full bolt + cams and heads on slicks when its all sorted out will probably be a low 10 to high 9 sec car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Supposedly the Z51 pacakge Vettes have up to a year waiting list. So the dealers are definitely marking them up.

I feel the stigma with Vette's is fading away, the Camaro however...I couldn't do it...lol Mustang either, although the perception there has gotten better as well. This Vette is truly refined IMO. You're right though an M3 is still and M3 and step up from a Vette as far as status symbol for sure.
    I have never owned an American car or even a Japanese car, strictly German. The Vette stigma is gone for me, I could definitely see myself driving an all black Z51. Like you I could never drive a Camaro or Mustang, they just still scream redneck. Call it snob, don't really care. Although I do have a ton of respect for the new Z28 and the Boss 302.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Supposedly the Z51 pacakge Vettes have up to a year waiting list. So the dealers are definitely marking them up.

I have never owned an American car or even a Japanese car, strictly German. The Vette stigma is gone for me, I could definitely see myself driving an all black Z51. Like you I could never drive a Camaro or Mustang, they just still scream redneck. Call it snob, don't really care. Although I do have a ton of respect for the new Z28 and the Boss 302.
    Yeah, I hear ya, I respect the performance of the Z28 and Boss302, but I'm still not going to buy one, lol.

This car is definitely not a joke, it's almost annoying at this point though how everyone keeps posting "new fastest C7" lol over the past week 6 different postings got come 11.67 now down to 10.5. Good to see such quick progress, that's for sure.

Here's an updated video of the current "fastest C7" LOL

Click here to enlarge