Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

CTS-V runs 11.14 @ 129.95

Hennessey modified, NEVER buy anything from Hennessey or give him any business, but this shows the CTS-V's potential modded:

Here's Hennessey Performance Engineering's Cadillac CTS-V V700, essentially a ZR1-powered CTS-V, with a supercharged LS9 V8 making an alleged 700 horsepower and 701 pound-feet of torque. HPE claims a 10.9-second quarter-mile is possible, though in this video it manages only an 11.14 at 129.95 mph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I obviously don't know about the Domestic tuner scene, so... What's wrong with Hennessey?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I obviously don't know about the Domestic tuner scene, so... What's wrong with Hennessey?
    Gigantic crook who should never get anyone's business and frankly it is amazing he somehow is still involved in tuning:

Grab a giant bag of popcorn and some beers: http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a BMW tuner we all know, actually 2 of em.

Anyways, the CTS-V looks like a decent platform, I wouldn't mind test driving one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a BMW tuner we all know, actually 2 of em.

Anyways, the CTS-V looks like a decent platform, I wouldn't mind test driving one
    It is an awesome car! Not as awesome as a boosted M3... but awesome nonetheless, offering far more bang for the buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ya, it's won a lot of awards from the magazines, and that was with less power... Well, I'll make a lil trip to the dealer next weekend and try to drive one for kicks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It is an awesome car! Not as awesome as a boosted M3... but awesome nonetheless, offering far more bang for the buck.
    haha, you a sound a bit biased....Click here to enlarge:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Equinox Click here to enlarge
    haha, you a sound a bit biased....Click here to enlarge:
    I know what I like and why I like it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The funny thing is, Motor Trend always runs their cars and promotes them. The issue a few months ago had a Hennesy Camaro HPE650 going against a FORD GT500 Super Snake and a Speedfactory Challenger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by st06m3 Click here to enlarge
    The funny thing is, Motor Trend always runs their cars and promotes them. The issue a few months ago had a Hennesy Camaro HPE650 going against a FORD GT500 Super Snake and a Speedfactory Challenger.
    For some reason, Hennessey is able to get into magazines easily. I don't understand it, he does not deserve it, he should be shunned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL hennessey. check this out: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37559 - he bungled up a gt-r realllllly bad. i wouldn't hennessey touch my chevy aveo if i had one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a friend of mine had a cts-v. i've driven it quite a bit. for an american car, it's pretty badass, inside and under the hood. the regular cts is junk, but they really did the cts-v right. electronics are excellent, and that engine! so powerful and instant.
    Last edited by Blake; 02-17-2010 at 02:32 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    2 year old bump but i had to... I sent my car to Hennessey in Texas, they did the V700 package on it and sent it back to me. Car is awesome and is running like a champ. John is a cool guy and spoke to me more like a friend than a customer. Don and Dave over at the Lake Forest facility are the coolest guys and are always going the extra mile to help people out. I think that most people READ old stories back from the 1990's and base their judgement on that. They probably have never even dealt with Hennessey but because they read negative comments they pass it on like a rumor... I havent heard of any issues with Hennessey lately, maybe a couple from over 10 years ago but I think the company has changed and really grown since then.

I had to re-flash my ECU once when the body shop reset my ecu by removing the battery and Don and Dave took care of it ASAP. They came out to my house and removed the ECU and mailed it out to TX, reflashed it and sent it back all within 3 days and I was back in business.. Another time they came out to my house, picked the car up on a flatbed and took it to Lake Forest for service... When i go out there and change my oil they are on top of it within 10 minutes... They've always been A+ in my books and fun guys to talk to and hang out with....

Theres 2 sides to every story and sometimes the person telling the story doesnt tell the entire story to pump up his case...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sinister560 Click here to enlarge
    2 year old bump but i had to... I sent my car to Hennessey in Texas, they did the V700 package on it and sent it back to me. Car is awesome and is running like a champ. John is a cool guy and spoke to me more like a friend than a customer. Don and Dave over at the Lake Forest facility are the coolest guys and are always going the extra mile to help people out. I think that most people READ old stories back from the 1990's and base their judgement on that. They probably have never even dealt with Hennessey but because they read negative comments they pass it on like a rumor... I havent heard of any issues with Hennessey lately, maybe a couple from over 10 years ago but I think the company has changed and really grown since then.

I had to re-flash my ECU once when the body shop reset my ecu by removing the battery and Don and Dave took care of it ASAP. They came out to my house and removed the ECU and mailed it out to TX, reflashed it and sent it back all within 3 days and I was back in business.. Another time they came out to my house, picked the car up on a flatbed and took it to Lake Forest for service... When i go out there and change my oil they are on top of it within 10 minutes... They've always been A+ in my books and fun guys to talk to and hang out with....

Theres 2 sides to every story and sometimes the person telling the story doesnt tell the entire story to pump up his case...
    glad to hear you got what you paid for.

Did you independently dyno your car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hennessey dyno'd when v700 was installed last year and just recently we upgraded cam and ran a new tune and it made more power when ​ dyno'd out here

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sinister560 Click here to enlarge
    Hennessey dyno'd when v700 was installed last year and just recently we upgraded cam and ran a new tune and it made more power when ​ dyno'd out here
    just so you know there is a whipple kit out for our cars....your looking at about 11k and with your mods your making about 850whp with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

gonna look into that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Charlie (Chas930) just ran a 10.999 with his CTSV (headers, pulley, cams, tune and DR's) on his first pass with the set up and he said the car wasn't shifting right, guy was also at the track with another CTSV and he has consistently put down 10.7-8's and I think he has less mods than Charlie. . .
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Charlie (Chas930) just ran a 10.999 with his CTSV (headers, pulley, cams, tune and DR's) on his first pass with the set up and he said the car wasn't shifting right, guy was also at the track with another CTSV and he has consistently put down 10.7-8's and I think he has less mods than Charlie. . .

yea, that combo will get a cts-v into the 10s with no prob. He prob needs to be tuned properly to fix the shifting issue....