Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

E60 535I LPFP upgrade help

Hi,

I initially took out my LPFP to do an inline upgrade.. well that failed as the E60 is a bit different when it comes to the low pressure fuel pump. I decided on going with AEM 320 because a member on n54tech @skysurfer posted a while ago that he had successfully done it and it had been running perfectly. With the help of some pictures provided by the person who did it for skysurfer, I was able to get through roughly 85% of the process. I am however stuck at the most import part, Where does the AEM get power from. I have a few pictures of skysurfer's completed setup but it's at a weird angle and I am unable to figure it out.
    Can anyone assist? My car has been sitting now for over 2 weeks(although parts were part of the reason)

Here is skysurfer's completed set-up for reference.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

You're going to need to tap the wires going to the stock lpfp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Was gonna say, you're gonna use the only power source that's back there so get ready to modify the OEM LPFP power cord. The whole system works off of voltage, so if you're not comfortable cutting/splicing wires, I'd take it somewhere that can do the job right for you so you don't have any issues.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I figured it out guys, I think I was blind before because it's really simple. Buttoning things up after work and will post some pictures if everything goes well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Keep us posted and also on n54tech

I'm glad you figured it out and that I could help, at least with my pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keep us posted...I assume it can be any in tank pump...not just the aem one...I still have my hopes for the inline since I had already purchased just didnt get around to looking at the pump area yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can someone hit me up on this post? i wanna know how the power connection was done.

thanx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gabeamin Click here to enlarge
    can someone hit me up on this post? i wanna know how the power connection was done.

thanx
    You splice/crimp to the stock LPFP wiring. As noted it’s all based off voltage. A cleaner way of doing it would be to pull the stock wires from their harness in the top hat, then solder your inline wires there and plug everything back in. Makes for cleaner work, though just splicing them is obviously less time consuming. Credit goes to Wedge for that idea, that’s how my FFTEC pump is wired.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    I figured it out guys, I think I was blind before because it's really simple. Buttoning things up after work and will post some pictures if everything goes well.
    I was wondering how the pump held up. I'm looking to do this upgraded in my 535i but with the newer AEM 320e pump since I want to start running a E50-60 fueling mix. Let me know. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Booyaazaa Click here to enlarge
    I was wondering how the pump held up. I'm looking to do this upgraded in my 535i but with the newer AEM 320e pump since I want to start running a E50-60 fueling mix. Let me know. Thanks.
    The pump should be able to handle E60 fine and has not been an issue since I've installed it. Although I have been running nothing but 93 for this winter as the HPFP still does not like high ethanol content if its anywhere close to freezing. Chicago has been below freezing for the entire winter I would say lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    The pump should be able to handle E60 fine and has not been an issue since I've installed it. Although I have been running nothing but 93 for this winter as the HPFP still does not like high ethanol content if its anywhere close to freezing. Chicago has been below freezing for the entire winter I would say lol
    Damn that's cold. Well I'm probably going to get the new AEM 50-1205 pump installed in the next couple of weeks and change up to a E50 map. Should get me a nice bump of power now that I just got my Dr Euro ***less DP's installed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had the AEM 320 installed last week. Not a bad mod and I live in south GA so E85 is close by. All seems well so far. W/ JB4 8 gallons of E86 should be just fine. My car is a beast with the E85 mix.