Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

My New 2013 Challenger R/T Classic

SO I FINALLY... Yes I finally got my Challenger R/T. Took forever to get the dealership to find my paperwork, but I have finally taken possession of my R/T...

Some eye candy (and not so much eye candy)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Enjoy the pictures... I hope to get some better ones in the morning... now the modding begins... Click here to enlarge
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Congrats and welcome to the #Murica ' side....time for either a blower or TT Click here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    time for either a blower or TT Click here to enlarge
    LOL... Lets see if they can crack the coding... Waiting on Diablo to finish coding... Although I know B&G has tuning available.. I'll go with a blower most likely, but need to get Matt to install the Headers unless you have a shop to recommend that specializes in 'Merican' cars and also get the Resonators changed out (I'll snap a picture of those massive pigs)...

Some more Pics:

Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for the Poor Quality (My Motorola Phone Camera)
    Click here to enlarge
    Phantom Black Pearl with Red Stripes
    Click here to enlarge
    Looks a lot better in Person
    Click here to enlarge
    Big Booty
    Click here to enlarge
    Intake Installed Already @ 38 Miles on the ODO
    Click here to enlarge
    Catch Can Installed Already
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I just saw this, not sure how I missed it.

Congrats sir.

I'm speeding along on moparboost.com...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just saw this, not sure how I missed it.

Congrats sir.

I'm speeding along on moparboost.com...
    No worries, and thanks. Car isn't as fancy as the X5, but loving it so far. I'll be sure to take some pics of them side by side...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    LOL... Lets see if they can crack the coding... Waiting on Diablo to finish coding... Although I know B&G has tuning available.. I'll go with a blower most likely, but need to get Matt to install the Headers unless you have a shop to recommend that specializes in 'Merican' cars and also get the Resonators changed out (I'll snap a picture of those massive pigs)...

Some more Pics:

Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for the Poor Quality (My Motorola Phone Camera)
    Click here to enlarge
    Phantom Black Pearl with Red Stripes
    Click here to enlarge
    Looks a lot better in Person
    Click here to enlarge
    Big Booty
    Click here to enlarge
    Intake Installed Already @ 38 Miles on the ODO
    Click here to enlarge
    Catch Can Installed Already
    tune time performance if you wanna do somewhat local....or my tuner if you want the absolute best which is in rochester New Era performance
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Update: Installed the Diablo Sport Canned 93 OCT Tune today. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but i'll see how it performs this weekend. Still need to get my headers installed... Gonna have to wait till Next month though, since I blew my install money on the Tune...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dyno?
    I've been negligent on this thread. That being said I have new updates, but no dyno... Since I first created this thread, i've since done the following:

JBA Shorty Headers installed, 87MM Throttle Body upgrade (up from stock 80MM), Removed Mid-Mufflers and Replaced with Thrush Glass Packs, Remove Rear Resonators and Replaced with Magnaflow Mufflers. Also had a Custom 'Diablotoona' 93 Octane Tune done.

By January I hope to have a 5.7 to 6.4 Cam Swap done (to include the valve springs and rods replaced). I should be getting the dyno done at that point.

Future modifications will be to get a Time Attack Fiberglass hood, get the engine forged and eventually supercharge the engine...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Future modifications will be to get a Time Attack Fiberglass hood, get the engine forged and eventually supercharge the engine...
    That will make for a very powerful car...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I've been negligent on this thread. That being said I have new updates, but no dyno... Since I first created this thread, i've since done the following:

JBA Shorty Headers installed, 87MM Throttle Body upgrade (up from stock 80MM), Removed Mid-Mufflers and Replaced with Thrush Glass Packs, Remove Rear Resonators and Replaced with Magnaflow Mufflers. Also had a Custom 'Diablotoona' 93 Octane Tune done.

By January I hope to have a 5.7 to 6.4 Cam Swap done (to include the valve springs and rods replaced). I should be getting the dyno done at that point.

Serious business happening in here. Nicely done - let's hear some clips of that exhaust setup!!
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Serious business happening in here. Nicely done - let's hear some clips of that exhaust setup!!
    I really should have done a baseline dyno, but no matter, it's not really been about the hp/tq for me, just the fact that I can say I did X,Y,Z to my car... Keeps me from getting bored with the vehicle... Otherwise I would jump ship and get a Vette or CTS-V. I'll see if I can do a clip either this week or next...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So a little update on my project.

Just put in an order for a new Cylinder Head from Inertia Motorsports. Figured since I was going to upgrade the Cam Shaft I should go ahead and do the heads at the same time. Time frame for install is sometime in March or April. Should be good for an additional 40-60 hp and 40-50lbs tq.

Will also be having them do bigger exhaust valves. Probably by years end I will be dropping in some forged pistons and that should help out when I eventually do the supercharger install sometime during next years tax season.

I have already decided I will be going with a Whipple 2.9 s/c, it was a hard decision between Whipple and Kenne Bell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I have already decided I will be going with a Whipple 2.9 s/c, it was a hard decision between Whipple and Kenne Bell.
    What made you decide on the Whipple?

Before/after plots please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1st: Price, about $6800 for the version without the tuner. The Kenne bell was $500 more.
    2nd: Power is about the same, but the whipple edges out on the Kenne just a little bit, about 5-10 more peak HP and TQ.
    3rd: The whipple seems to be a little easier to upgrade
    4: Air intake is in the front vs in the rear for the Kenne

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My new cylinder heads arrived at my installers place. Next week they get installed along with my 6.4 Cam
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

My new cylinder heads arrived at my installers place. Next week they get installed along with my 6.4 Cam
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...28_njpgo-1.jpg
    BADASS man!

Makes me want to do up one of these. Maybe in a truck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

BADASS man!

Makes me want to do up one of these. Maybe in a truck.
    I'd totally do it if I were you... Nothing wrong with having a truck that could make a mustang look like it was standing still...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'd totally do it if I were you... Nothing wrong with having a truck that could make a mustang look like it was standing still...
    Very true plus it is time to replace my frontier... I might just do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

SO dropped of my challenger yesterday with my installer. He promised to take lots of pictures, so I'll post up when I get them. Should be ready by tomorrow. Looking forward to it, although it's raining, so probably wont be able to push it too much tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...28_njpgo-1.jpg
    What do you figure it was for the heads and cam - install. My buddy has a ram with procharger and AR long tubes etc.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
    What do you figure it was for the heads and cam - install. My buddy has a ram with procharger and AR long tubes etc.
    My guy charges $800 for the install. If your doing both, or just one, doesn't matter, so it behooves you to do both at the same time, otherwise your paying two separate installs... He did my headers, so it made sense to have him do the rest...

Car won't be ready till mid-next week now, kind of sucks but one of the parts I purchase was for the previous gen hemi, so I had to order the right part and overnight it to him. Not his fault, so not faulting him...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Heads and Cam done
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast