Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HHHMMMMMMM 370 Z

I was at my friends shop yesterday,looking at a GMC Envoy for the dogs,and he mentioned he knew where there was a 2010 370Z that had a salvage title that for a few thousand dollars and some time would be a great car.The car owner wants 10K I think is what he said.Well the wife has been all about a 350Z ever since I decided to retire the Grand Caravan that was the dogs ride and decided to get the dogs a new vehicle to be chauffeured around town.She wanted me to use her Forester for the dogs and get her the Z.The Forester is not large enough for the two dogs and the new puppy we are getting at X-Mas...
    I guess I am going to go look at the car today and if I decide to do this project for the wife or not .I am going to keep it at my friends shop and do the work there ,at least until I get my 540i finished .The last Z car I drove was a 300Z a long time ago , I have not driven one that is of the new generation....
    Anyone driven a 370Z?Are they any fun as I just see that they have grown in size a bunch...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

370Z is a great car (stock LSD), but I would be careful with a salvage title. it is very easy on that car to bend the frame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Did you drive a 300zx TT or NA? The 300zx TT stock is stronger than a 350z, I haven't driven a 370z yet. I'm sure the 370 is plenty fun though, and from what I heard it is very easy to power-oversteer with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Did you drive a 300zx TT or NA? The 300zx TT stock is stronger than a 350z, I haven't driven a 370z yet. I'm sure the 370 is plenty fun though, and from what I heard it is very easy to power-oversteer with it.
    We had the 1988 turbo until the wife got talking on a cell phone and ran a stop sign and got T-boned,then decided to drive it home.We had owned it from 1990 when I bought it from the original owner for her,she liked the white color with the Recaro seats...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    370Z is a great car (stock LSD), but I would be careful with a salvage title. it is very easy on that car to bend the frame.
    Thanks for the tip....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11 Click here to enlarge
    We had the 1988 turbo until the wife got talking on a cell phone and ran a stop sign and got T-boned,then decided to drive it home.We had owned it from 1990 when I bought it from the original owner for her,she liked the white color with the Recaro seats...
    Oh, that was the z31 model. In that case, the Z32, Z33 or Z34 would all be a big step-up performance-wise. To be honest, I would use that same $10,000 and buy a good condition Z32 TT. (300zx Twin-Turbo)

You can find average 300zx TTs from $4,000 - $7,000. VERY STRONG iron block, stock rods are forged, stock crank rated @ 2,000HP, read up on the VG30DETT vs the VQ engines they use nowadays.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

a buddy has one, its fun. power is lacking, but thats from being used to having more. its still quick. I like the styling, all around pretty good from what i recall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My opinion isn't much, but had a relative drive one and he loved it. I'd go for it, can't go wrong with the 350 either. My bro plans on getting on soon as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Oh, that was the z31 model. In that case, the Z32, Z33 or Z34 would all be a big step-up performance-wise. To be honest, I would use that same $10,000 and buy a good condition Z32 TT. (300zx Twin-Turbo)

You can find average 300zx TTs from $4,000 - $7,000. VERY STRONG iron block, stock rods are forged, stock crank rated @ 2,000HP, read up on the VG30DETT vs the VQ engines they use nowadays.
    Thanks I will do that before I make any commitments....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

audi b5 s4 for that money

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    audi b5 s4 for that money
    Basically the Z32 300zx with a 2.7 instead of a 3.0 and AWD. Both TT V6's, both fairly cramped in the engine bay. I'd say the 300zx is tougher in stock form.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    The 370z is a really great little car.

As unfor said, be careful with a salvage title, very careful. 10k is awfully cheap...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

As unfor said, be careful with a salvage title, very careful. 10k is awfully cheap...
    Friend took his with me through Idyllwild....pretty sure he couldn't keep up with my lowly lil oil burner (this was pre-tune, too). His was also a vert.

It's a good looking car, but lacks performance, imo.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm selling my 350Z if your interested. Only 18,9xx miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm selling my 350Zif your interested. Only 18,9xx miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks I am taking a friend who owns a body shop with me and we will look it over and see the report as to why it is a salvage title, I go look at the car Sunday.( I have to drive 75 miles )
    Today is my final day looking for a vehicle for my dogs and I am not real fond of used car sales people at the moment.I may buy a GMC ENVOY for them even though it is not the best choice as I would rather have a good mini van ,but they want an arm and a leg for a good mini van(12-15K) that drives correctly where as the ENVOY is in mint condition for 6500.00$$$ and I know the original and second owners of the vehicle...
    Last edited by Dirt11; 09-11-2010 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Can Not Spell

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I'm selling my 350Zif your interested. Only 18,9xx miles.
    I am sure that at those miles you would be asking more than I am willing to part with for my wife for a 2nd car,but send me a PM anyway ....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks I am taking a friend who owns a body shop with me and we will look it over and see the report as to why it is a salvage title, I go look at the car Sunday.( I have to drive 75 miles )
    Today is my final day looking for a vehicle for my dogs and I am not real fond of used car sales people at the moment.I may buy a GMC ENVOY for them even though it is not the best choice as I would rather have a good mini van ,but they want an arm and a leg for a good mini van(12-15K) that drives correctly where as the ENVOY is in mint condition for 6500.00$$$ and I know the original and second owners of the vehicle...
    Dude, I have one dog, about to add another.
    Seriously look at a Honda Element. It is so easy to clean , and its a very dog friendly car.
    Thats what I have for my dog, soon to be dog(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I read a report somehwere that the 370z along iwth the rx8 is the car that mvoes off the lot the slowlest. I never liked the 350/370, glass bottom end, slow, sounds good though lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I am sure that at those miles you would be asking more than I am willing to part with for my wife for a 2nd car,but send me a PM anyway ....
    You have PM. My price is very negotiable so don't let it intimidate you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

370 nice little car. Find out why salvaged.

Honda elements are amazing for what they are intended for. Japanese ergonomic perfection. My buddy has one and its a blast to ride around in, so convenient.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
    It's a good looking car, but lacks performance, imo.
    It isn't too slow, mid 13's.

It is lighter than the previous generation and very well priced, commendable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    My buddy has one and its a blast to ride around in, so convenient.
    That is one place where I might prefer something inconvenient.

Yes, they are useful, but the damn thing is a boring box with wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is one place where I might prefer something inconvenient.

Yes, they are useful, but the damn thing is a boring box with wheels.
    I looked at an Element and as a utilitarian vehicle it would suffice,but I also want something that is comfortable on the highway driving to see the inlaws in Delaware.I am out the door with he wife to look at the Envoy.I have heard that the inline six in there is pretty sturdy and with a little arranging it could be OK for the dogs,maybe....I would rather have a mini van ,but I am not going to drop 15K for a vehicle for he dogs nor me other than my already bank draining project that is almost finished.
    The 370 Z ,water damage is what I found out after looking it over.No to the 370Z with the salvage title.