Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

AMS ALpha Omega GTR 7.98@186 press release and video

Click here to enlarge

After a successful night on July 11, 2013 running an 8.25 @ 185mph, we had broken the R35 world record by .35 seconds and 5mph but we still wanted more. Our night was cut short as a Mustang flipped end over end that knocked out a power transformer cutting all power to the track ending the night early. Thankfully the driver walked away from this terrifying crash and is set to make a full recovery.

On Friday, we all had one thing on our mind; what would have happened had we been able to make that third pass? Speculating turned into preparing to head to the track on Saturday. Great Lakes Dragaway had the MOFOCO Bugfest and bracket racing scheduled but was allowing some test and tune in between. It was going to be extremely busy at the track but our eagerness to try for a 7 second pass got the best of us.

As we drove into the pits on Saturday afternoon, the facility was packed. Everything from air cooled VW’s to bracket racing rail cars. The Density Altitude was far from favorable at 2,129ft, it was humid and the temperature was in the low 80's but that was the last thing on our minds.

After a long wait in the staging lanes Ivan Phipps, driver and head technician behind Omega, was next to make a run. He pulled onto the track and did a short dry hop to clean the tires, crept in and lit the beams.

Launching hard with the perfect amount of spin Ivan was off! As Omega hit second gear the car jerked towards the center of the track, but he was determined to stay in it. By the time he hit third gear the car was back on track and pulling hard.

We were silent from that moment until the board lit up “7.984 @ 186.14mph.” We went wild! But it wasn’t just us going crazy, it was the whole crowd and the announcer who exclaimed “Welcome to the seven second club!”

The highlight of the day was Ivan driving down the return lane not having any idea how fast he had gone. “I knew it was a pretty good pass, but not sure how good” Ivan said. We all lined up near the time slip booth to congratulate him and it wasn’t until Ivan made a hand gesture in the form of a ‘7’ as he rolled up and Eric Gaudi (AMS sales manager) confirming with a nod that Ivan realized he had done it. We had accomplished our goal to run the first 7 second pass in an R35 GT-R!

In addition to this milestone achievement, Alpha Omega also posted some insane numbers and set some other records which were recorded by the onboard V-Box data recorder:

0-60: 1.72 seconds
    60-130mph: 2.67 seconds (new overall record)
    0-300kph (186mph): 7.98 seconds (new overall record)
    100-150mph: 2.42 seconds (new overall record)
    30-130mph: 3.63 seconds

What we are most proud about is Alpha Omega is still a street-legal, road going car. It can be driven anywhere. What's even more impressive is Chris Black, the evil genius behind the tuning of Omega has still not unleashed its full potential.

Omega is the test bed for our GT-R line and uses mostly off the shelf Alpha components. We will be releasing details on the improvements to the car soon now that we've proven their capabilities. These include:

Alpha Drag Suspension
    Alpha Upgraded CCM Brakes
    Alpha Drag Wheel and Tire Package

We look forward to seeing other GT-R owners getting much quicker with these new products.

We are excited to attempt an even deeper pass into the 7's in the future but for now it is time to celebrate the hard work the whole team put in to this accomplishment!

AMS/Alpha Performance would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support:
    Dodson Motorsport
    The Driveshaft Shop
    Exedy
    Sheptrans
    SPL Parts

For more information visit: www.alphaperformance.com
    For updates on Alpha GT-R Products and News visit: http://gtr.alphaperformance.com/blog[/QUOTE]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saw this the other day, this car is FAST. This is very impressive, but I would like to see what this car can do on the kind of track this car was made for... like one with turns
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Saw this the other day, this car is FAST. This is very impressive, but I would like to see what this car can do on the kind of track this car was made for... like one with turns
    You don't build a car with absolutely absurd horsepower multiples of what it came with stock in order to build the fastest track car. This is a power exercise, not finesse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was being sarcastic... Like I said this car is fast, and I'm not taking anything away from ams, but I think its stupid. Why take a gtr track monster and turn it into a straight line only car.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'm at a loss for words.

$#@!, post #666

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

i have personally watched this car in action. It was unbelieveable. This car launches so hard and accelerates so fast its mind blowing. Big props to AMS for the time and dedication they have put towards this car. They obviously had no intention to make this a road course car is was built to do one thing.. go stupidly fast in a straight line. The other thing is you walk up to this car and other than the huge drag radials on all 4 corners and the parachute on the back, It looks like a street car. Watching this car make 214mph standing half mile blasts makes your hair stand on end.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Props, but am I the only one that hates the GTR?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I was being sarcastic... Like I said this car is fast, and I'm not taking anything away from ams, but I think its stupid. Why take a gtr track monster and turn it into a straight line only car.
    Because it has turbos and you can. Most people buy these as a power platform for tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Props, but am I the only one that hates the GTR?
    No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Sticky yeah I know, but there are several other cars that you could get and mod cheaper that will run just as if not faster. I just hate seeing cars like the gtr,m3,911 etc. that are insane track cars be limited to the drag strip only.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

@Sticky yeah I know, but there are several other cars that you could get and mod cheaper that will run just as if not faster. I just hate seeing cars like the gtr,m3,911 etc. that are insane track cars be limited to the drag strip only.
    Well then there is more of a middle ground for that and one should stop at a certain power level. This is built to be a missile and I appreciate the work and engineering that went into it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appriciate it also don't get me wrong this really is great but if I had a gtr and the money I'm sending my car to mines or mcr for a complete all around care
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I appriciate it also don't get me wrong this really is great but if I had a gtr and the money I'm sending my car to mines or mcr for a complete all around care
    And I had a GTR it would go to AMS for this Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    we also have ALPHA 6,9,10 an 12 packages. The 9 has competed in several road racing events with phenominal results. In fact The Cobb Time attack car campaigned an ALPHA 9 package the year they won redline time attack.

Pick you poison: http://gtr.alphaperformance.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    we also have ALPHA 6,9,10 an 12 packages. The 9 has competed in several road racing events with phenominal results. In fact The Cobb Time attack car campaigned an ALPHA 9 package the year they won redline time attack.

Pick you poison: http://gtr.alphaperformance.com/
    Well you just shut me up lol just ignore me and continued being awesome and setting recordsClick here to enlarge
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

what we need is @alphaperformance is a top mount N54 single turbo kit! I got a car if you've got the time!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And I had a GTR it would go to AMS for this Click here to enlarge
    And if I had a GTR it would goto http://switzerperformanceinnovation....tag=red-katana

300 lbs above stock, sick interior, sick sound system, runs 9s...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    And if I had a GTR it would goto http://switzerperformanceinnovation....tag=red-katana

300 lbs above stock, sick interior, sick sound system, runs 9s...
    Switzer isn't running 7's...

9's with a GTR anyone can do. 7's only AMS has done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sounds amazing , what a great build.