Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

07 with a bunch of problems please help

I just got this car on a trade and i love it but it has issues that are a little more deep than what i was told. I do have a lot of mechanical knowledge but its mostly with diesels. I have done a ton of research but i still need some help.

The car has 45k miles with upgrades in the sig. The story is the problems started after the plugs were changed and the DP's were installed. It's burning oil pretty bad but its intermittent from what ive read it's a turbo seal. The service engine light comes on which i believe is the o2 sensors. It runs really good most of the time but then the half engine light comes on and it runs like crap. So here's the codes that come up, thanks for all the help

2CF6 Throttle valve potentiometer 1, plausibility with regard to air mass2D59 No Description Found
    2F6C Exhaust fumeflap, input signal
    30FF Boost under target -- possible boost leak
    2C3E Lambda probe in front of catalytic converter 2, control failure or cable transmission failure?
    0000 Unknown Fault
    0000 Unknown Fault
    2CAB Lambdaprobe 2 before catalyst, temperature
    bms jb4, bms intake, GReddy rs blow off valve, dual forge racing bypass valves, pcv valve from rbturbos, ultimate racing high flow cat downpipes, magnaflow exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

It looks to me like your O2 sensor in the 2nd bank may have been damaged during the DP install and you have a boost leak. Also, the exhaust flap code is probably just where the flap is unhooked in the trunk(golf tee mod.)

The throttle valve code i'm not sure about.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

On the throttle valve - check to make sure the TB harness is properly seated and connected on the bottom of the throttle body.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes the exhaust flap is unplugged. I'll go check the TB connector right now. is there anyway to bypass the o2 sensors? i had to on a superchaged mustang and it worked good on it. Is there a common place to have a boost leak on these cars?
    bms jb4, bms intake, GReddy rs blow off valve, dual forge racing bypass valves, pcv valve from rbturbos, ultimate racing high flow cat downpipes, magnaflow exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Floater6.0 Click here to enlarge
    Is there a common place to have a boost leak on these cars?
    I think so but don't know where exactly. So many boost leak threads they all blend together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

yes the exhaust flap is unplugged. I'll go check the TB connector right now. is there anyway to bypass the o2 sensors? i had to on a superchaged mustang and it worked good on it. Is there a common place to have a boost leak on these cars?
    As far as an O2 sensor bypass: Not possible. The DME uses 100% closed loop fueling and unhooking/by passing the sensors just isn't an option. Unfortunately you'll probably need to just bite the bullet and buy a new O2 sensor.

Common boost leak locations: FMIC connections, charge pipe connections and the diverter valves. Also, the vacuum lines running from to the WGAs can be a common issue and cause a "boost leak" code.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Fmic inlet, outlet, charge pipe, diverter valves

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    As far as an O2 sensor bypass: Not possible. The DME uses 100% closed loop fueling and unhooking/by passing the sensors just isn't an option. Unfortunately you'll probably need to just bite the bullet and buy a new O2 sensor.
    thanks man ill order one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any ideas on the burning/smoking oil? is the turbo seal about the only thing that can cause this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You have high flow cats, after a while even these will generate a code. Are you using canclear on the JB4?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

any ideas on the burning/smoking oil? is the turbo seal about the only thing that can cause this
    seals, pcv, rings...

start if you can by pulling off DPs and inspecting, change pcv to RB valve (cheap and easy) and do a leak down test ... really only way to tell for sure
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Looks like this has all been answered.

TB harness , boost leak (probably throttle body area), exhaust flap, and possibly a backwards O2 or possibly a broken one.

The blown turbo seals suck, Most N54's go through 1-2 quarts every 10k miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    You have high flow cats, after a while even these will generate a code. Are you using canclear on the JB4?
    im new to the jb4 what does the canclear do