Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Volkswagen Motorsport freezes development of the WRC Polo R to give competitors a chance

Wow, talk about being too strong for your own good. Volkswagen is simply kicking ass and taking names with the new Polo R WRC car. The Volkswagen Polo R has secured four wins in just six events. The Ford and Citroen entries reach the end of their homologation cycle this year which will require a new car. Volkswagen has been working on a new car as well but this would likely push M-Sport out of the WRC as they will not be able to compete.

The Volkswagen team motorsport principal Jost Capito stated the following, "We talked about what is best for the future and whatís the best to keep the level of entries up in the championship, and we found that the best way is to stay with the cars we have for this year."

M-Sport responded back with, "We are very grateful for this. As you can imagine for the likes of myself and Yves (Matton, Citroen team principal), itís a real positive move. We know we can still be competitive next year without having to spend millions on development."

Nice of VW to back off a bit to give others a chance? Absolutely. But just goes to show VW could crush the competition at any moment if they wanted to.

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a very honorable move by WV. I respect that a lot! Those other teams are very lucky Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i mean, just imagine how awesome that feels if you're VW right now.

Also, props to the other presidents for being "very grateful" for VW's move. Usually when something like this is done in anything competitive people would talk $#@! about being "cocky" or whatever. I think it's a great idea to do what's best for the fans and for the sport....at the same time, can't wait to see what VW has up their sleeve for when the competition gets a little too close for comfort.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bravo Zulu VW keep them trying to catch and then slam them with something better!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    i mean, just imagine how awesome that feels if you're VW right now.

Also, props to the other presidents for being "very grateful" for VW's move. Usually when something like this is done in anything competitive people would talk $#@! about being "cocky" or whatever. I think it's a great idea to do what's best for the fans and for the sport....at the same time, can't wait to see what VW has up their sleeve for when the competition gets a little too close for comfort.
    Seems like everyone is behaving like gentlemen. I like that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ha, this is awesome!