Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

622rwhp/546rwtq SAE 150 Shot MHP C63

Click here to enlarge

Keith's car in FL, please ignore the 55k typo. N/A numbers are low to start due to colder plugs and too much octane (nitrous fuel). Nitrous was ramped in slowly starting at 4300rpm (35%) by 6000rpm it was 80% in and 6250 100% in. TQ would have been higher had we hit it 100% at 4500rpm.

Will be at track running a 125 shot this Friday, then we up to a 200 shot on dedicated nitrous ECU.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Man, you got balls running that much nitrous on such an expensive car.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A 150 shot is nothing for this motor. It can handle a 200-250 shot all day long. Internals are far superior to what you'll find in a LSX motor and they can handle the same amount quite easily.

200-250 shots otw Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

BADASS! excited to see how it runs! Keep it up guys
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love it, great job guys!!! Vbox and 1/4 mile #'s please!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I thought the LSX motor which is a crate motor can handle well over 1500whp. Are you sure you are not refering to the ls7, or ls2?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I thought the LSX motor which is a crate motor can handle well over 1500whp. Are you sure you are not refering to the ls7, or ls2?
    Sorry should have clarified I have a habit of typing LSX when I mean GMs LS production line of motors in general (LS1, LS6, LS7, LS3) not so much the LSA, LS9 Click here to enlarge Anyway you are correct a LSX block is a stout piece and is capable of holding more juice than the others listed. The production N/A LS motors all have cast pistons (LS7 has forged Ti rods) with cast rods and crank, and can hold 200-250 shots (100+ passes worth easy, some have over 200 passes on them) with ease.

Thanks
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 08-31-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    BADASS! excited to see how it runs! Keep it up guys
    Thanks, track results coming with small shot asap, then off to bigger things!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Love it, great job guys!!! Vbox and 1/4 mile #'s please!
    Thanks Drew! I see some damn impressive numbers in your sig, great work on the 60-130 and 1/4 mile times/traps.

Track (as long as it doesn't get rained out) will be this Friday, I'm sure Keith is dying to get VBox numbers with this setup as well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The numbers are insane, not really sure what to say.

You are going to be upping the shot? These cars should be deep into the 10's. How is the transmission coping with it?

Any pictures of the setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Dug through my e-mail, here are the pics:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for posting those Sticky, here's one more of the trunk when it was all plumbed:

Click here to enlarge

Our biggest limiting factor is going to be the rear tires and suspension as far as 1/4 mile ET goes. Thankfully the progressive controller gives us a lot of room to work, but again we'll only go as quick as the tires/launch will take us.

To date I'm not aware of anyone that's blown a 7G due to excessive torque, but we may well be the first, someone has to Click here to enlarge

We have built 7G internals sitting on a shelf for Keith's car, we know he'll need them at some point. He's probably going with a 2800rpm stall converter at the same time as he installs his sticks, so that will take care of the front of the driveline. Axles, diff, driveshaft, I think we'll need to bring spares to the track this fall.

This car will see a 250 shot a few times in the 1/4 I'm sure, it's a 300HP capable system but we'll only go there if need be. Keith's ultimate goal as far as the standing mile is concerned is running 200mph in a sedan, that should be attainable now with a 200 shot as well.

We are making quick headway eliminating VCT so his cams will be spec'd soon. VCT friendly cams are shipping this week. Keith will have the first non VCT grind.
    Last edited by MHP LLC; 08-31-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Our biggest limiting factor is going to be the rear tires and suspension as far as 1/4 mile ET goes. Thankfully the progressive controller gives us a lot of room to work, but again we'll only go as quick as the tires/launch will take us.
    What controller are you using? I believe nitrous express has one that adjusts the shot based on traction, really slick stuff but expensive as holy hell.

We have built 7G internals sitting on a shelf for Keith's car, we know he'll need them at some point. He's probably going with a 2800rpm stall converter at the same time as he installs his sticks, so that will take care of the front of the driveline. Axles, diff, driveshaft, I think we'll need to bring spares to the track this fall.

This car will see a 250 shot a few times in the 1/4 I'm sure, it's a 300HP capable system but we'll only go there if need be. Keith's ultimate goal as far as the standing mile is concerned is running 200mph in a sedan, that should be attainable now with a 200 shot as well.
    You think you are going to exceed the limits for the axles and driveshaft?

You are going to do 250 on stock internals, right? Then with built internals do the 300+ with a stroked/bored motor?

We are making quick headway eliminating VCT so his cams will be spec'd soon. VCT friendly cams are shipping this week. Keith will have the first non VCT grind.
    Would you mind explaining more about the VCT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

awsome results love the fact you guys keep pushing the limits game on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beast! Definitely excited to see Vbox numbers for this car. Running off a stall with that power will definitely show how strong those axles are or aren't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry should have clarified I have a habit of typing LSX when I mean GMs LS production line of motors in general (LS1, LS6, LS7, LS3) not so much the LSA, LS9 Click here to enlarge Anyway you are correct a LSX block is a stout piece and is capable of holding more juice than the others listed. The production N/A LS motors all have cast pistons (LS7 has forged Ti rods) with cast rods and crank, and can hold 200-250 shots (100+ passes worth easy, some have over 200 passes on them) with ease.

Thanks
    You are forgiven. Click here to enlarge car must be sick fast.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up cant wait till my boot looks like that

will have to put my golf clubs on the back seat awsome
    Thanks for posting those Sticky, here's one more of the trunk when it was all plumbed
    Click here to enlarge

To date I'm not aware of anyone that's blown a 7G due to excessive torque, but we may well be the first, someone has to Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Beast! Definitely excited to see Vbox numbers for this car. Running off a stall with that power will definitely show how strong those axles are or aren't.
    Especially with DRs! Click here to enlarge

VBox numbers coming soon, Keith is still stuck in Antigua until they reopen the airport, but we won't have to wait that long Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by malooamg Click here to enlarge
    awsome results love the fact you guys keep pushing the limits game on
    Thanks and welcome Matt! You can post anything you want on this site including the truth, nice isn't it? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What controller are you using? I believe nitrous express has one that adjusts the shot based on traction, really slick stuff but expensive as holy hell.
    Yes that's what we're using, it's a badass system and Keith spared no expense!

You think you are going to exceed the limits for the axles and driveshaft?
    We are way past the torque ratings for the entire driveline so I wouldn't be surprised if we popped something. We have a Quaife ready, and if we do bust a halfshaft we'll have Moser make hardened steel custom versions. The driveshaft and U-joint are probably the most questionable pieces, but should also be the easiest fix (custom CF driveshaft and U-joint). The OEM U-joint has a RUBBER coupler--wonder how much power it eats up? Also wonder how much shock it's not transmitting to the rear end. We shall soon find out.

You are going to do 250 on stock internals, right? Then with built internals do the 300+ with a stroked/bored motor?
    250 will definitely happen, whether we go more than that a few times to hit Keith's goal we'll see. 7.0Ls will be capable of handing a 300-400 progressive shot due to the higher quality internals. Honestly though with the decision to make both VCT and non VCT cams and having to pioneer VCT elim software the 7.0L is on the back burner (for keith's car anyway) until after fall racing season. The others we are working on are all N/A.

Would you mind explaining more about the VCT?
    Sure. AMGs stock VCT system has a range of 42 degrees. That means we can only go so large with the cams in order to avoid PtV. For most people this isn't going to be a problem. However for hardcore racers like Keith, that don't mind trading off sub 3500rpm drivability for 4000-7000rpm head severing power, we are developing non VCT grinds that are significantly larger (duration, overlap wise) than even our VCT friendly cams. By welding the cam phasers in position (they start off in full retard, not Simple Jack) and locking the cams in we can shove as much cam in as possible without worrying about PtV.

Another side project that's spun off the cam production is our solid bucket conversion. The OEM hydraulic buckets simply don't allow for enough valve stem, meaning we need to go solid with longer stems to achieve more lift. These heads (from the guide down) are badass castings; however (from the guide up) it seems AMG compromised and went for compactness as it's greatest concern.

I guess the good news is there's going to be nothing left to do with this motor when we're done with it Click here to enlarge

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Switch pics:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Fits in the cupholder Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

We are way past the torque ratings for the entire driveline so I wouldn't be surprised if we popped something. We have a Quaife ready, and if we do bust a halfshaft we'll have Moser make hardened steel custom versions. The driveshaft and U-joint are probably the most questionable pieces, but should also be the easiest fix (custom CF driveshaft and U-joint). The OEM U-joint has a RUBBER coupler--wonder how much power it eats up? Also wonder how much shock it's not transmitting to the rear end. We shall soon find out.
    So I'm guessing if I bust an axle you will be able to point me in the right direction?

50 will definitely happen, whether we go more than that a few times to hit Keith's goal we'll see. 7.0Ls will be capable of handing a 300-400 progressive shot due to the higher quality internals.
    Looks like that shootout you actually are going to be able to put up a fight Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So I'm guessing if I bust an axle you will be able to point me in the right direction?
    Just give me a call, I'll take care of it. We can even cryo if you want.

Looks like that shootout you actually are going to be able to put up a fight Click here to enlarge
    LOL! Now I want to "race" the lady bug too. Maybe we should gut Keith's car down to 3200lbs??? :p

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Props MHP, that is badass stuff you guys do.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

dangg nice numbers for sure, most impressive
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast