Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

50/50 E85/93 octane tunes, do any exist for N/A car?

I know this is "bimmerboost" but I can't seem to get an answer on another forum. Aside from running a Procede piggyback, are there any tunes that allow the end user to make custom maps based on a race file w/ the ability to datalog?
    I'm looking to run an e85 mixture to bump up power and really not looking to replace things on the car with obvious aftermarket things due to still being under warranty. A 50/50 mixture has been safe on my 335i for over a year so I thought I'd try it on my M3 as well.

Anyone? Anyone try this even w/ boost?
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    I know this is "bimmerboost" but I can't seem to get an answer
    This is a forum for BMW performance not just for boosted cars. The name is catchy, that's all. Not sure why more people don't get this.

side from running a Procede piggyback, are there any tunes that allow the end user to make custom maps based on a race file w/ the ability to datalog?
    I don't know of anything for the end user to make any big tuning changes themselves on the M3.

I'm looking to run an e85 mixture to bump up power and really not looking to replace things on the car with obvious aftermarket things due to still being under warranty. A 50/50 mixture has been safe on my 335i for over a year so I thought I'd try it on my M3 as well.
    On an NA car, what is really the point? You aren't bumping your compression ratio. If you want the timing boost just run race gas and get a race gas tune. You will see gains but they aren't huge obviously as the car is NA. With it being NA though every horse cuonts.

Anyone? Anyone try this even w/ boost?
    I'll be running an E85 race gas tune.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just looking to boost performance without being detectable because I'm still under warranty for awhile. So no test pipes or real flash tunes, which makes me stuck with a Procede unit unless BMS can come up with something nifty
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BrenM3 was testing E85 with his custom tuned ESS-625? I think the E85 killed his fuel pump though since the ~620 HP+ systems are already nearly maxing out the OEM fueling system & running E85 requires an additional 30% fuel.

HONESTLY, you're really brave IMO for running the PROcede on the S65 since Shiv prob spent more time putting the S65 PROcede on the website vs. actually tuning the car. Personally, I'm ~99% sure his tune is just adding advance timing & running a more lean AFR to increase HP (you prob can't data log all 8 cylinders with his tune, since you can only monitor 1 with the N54). You can data log with the Bav Tech tool + you're a lot better off with having the Evolve-R tune on your car (easily uninstall it before a dealer appointment)
    Last edited by benzy89; 04-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just looking to boost performance without being detectable because I'm still under warranty for awhile. So no test pipes or real flash tunes, which makes me stuck with a Procede unit unless BMS can come up with something nifty
    A flash tune isn't detectable unless you leave it flashed when you head to the dealer. They have hand held units for this now.

Without a real flash tune it's pointless really. And test pipes don't affect your warranty and you can get systems with valves to open/close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    @BrenM3 was testing E85 with his custom tuned ESS-625? I think the E85 killed his fuel pump though since the ~620 HP+ systems are already nearly maxing out the OEM fueling system & running E85 requires an additional 30% fuel.

HONESTLY, you're really brave IMO for running the PROcede on the S65 since Shiv prob spent more time putting the S65 PROcede on the website vs. actually tuning the car. Personally, I'm ~99% sure his tune is just adding advance timing & running a more lean AFR to increase HP (you prob can't data log all 8 cylinders with his tune, since you can only monitor 1 with the N54). You can data log with the Bav Tech tool + you're a lot better off with having the Evolve-R tune on your car (easily uninstall it before a dealer appointment)
    I've seen nothing of merit from Shiv on the S65 platform and I see no reason to use him for this platform whatsoever. The top tuners are all flash tuners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have any AA supercharger and full exhaust and still under full warrenty just got free oil change, cabin filter, brake fluid flush and new battrey. Its all about the service manger and how much beer you send him Click here to enlarge try talking with your dealer and see what they say about a tune and exhaust....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get a real tune. Its an M3, not a 335, not a fox body mustang. put the good stuff in it, and on it. Trust me, i went the cheap route, a few times on this car now, and it lost the thrill of being what it is. put a proceed on that thing and you may as well go back to a 335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ill contact evolve soon ok on a custom file. Would be nice to see COBB do an M3 so I can ATR or have PTF do something
    Loe P.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ill contact evolve soon ok on a custom file. Would be nice to see COBB do an M3 so I can ATR or have PTF do something
    No Turbos = No COBB, and the same reason I wouldn't use the PROcede is same reason the PTF guys wouldn't touch the M3 -- They're not familiar with the S65. But Evolve (and I'm pretty sure any of the major tuners who use handheld tuning solutions) would be able to give you Pump Gas + Race Gas tunes, can't promise how different they'll be though.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Pump Gas + Race Gas tunes, can't promise how different they'll be though.
    Fairly different. The high compression with race gas and additional timing allows for some nice power gains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    a FEW gallons of e85 (like 3) gave me 25-30whp gains over 93 pump. Heavy mix compromises the pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    a FEW gallons of e85 (like 3) gave me 25-30whp gains over 93 pump. Heavy mix compromises the pump.
    boosted or N/A ? what are you doing about the pump currently?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boosted, Drew found the same results. Stock pump put back in till i can revisit it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Procede + S65 makes me giggle. I remember when Shiv tried to sell his piggyback + meth combo for the M3 guys.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boosted, Drew found the same results. Stock pump put back in till i can revisit it.
    why cant we upgrade fuel pumps? or did you not get that far with testing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    why cant we upgrade fuel pumps? or did you not get that far with testing?
    You can, both the ESS & Gintani Low-Compression cars run aftermarket fuel systems. I just don't think they sell their fuel system upgrade without going Stage 3. But it sounds like even Drew had problems with it, assuming he was VT3 when he experimented with E85 blends.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That gives me some hope.
    Loe P.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    did you make any tuning changes?