Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Car and Driver test numbers for the 2013 Audi S8 with the 4.0 TFSI - 0-60 in 3.6, 1/4 mile in 11.9@118

Just in case you thought MotorTrend's very quick numbers for the 2013 Audi S8 were a fluke here is Car and Driver to back them up with similar figures. Car and Driver tested the car at 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 11.9 seconds at a 118 mile per hour trap speed. MotorTrend basically mirrored these numbers with 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and the 1/4 mile measured at 11.8@118.3. Pretty impressive for a 4620 pound all wheel drive luxury sedan, eh?

Now just imagine this car with a tune. Low 11's? Maybe 10's with full bolt on's and race gas? This is a full size luxury sedan with sports car acceleration. What Audi has done with the S8 and the 4.0 TFSI motor is simply to be commended. Audi just keeps getting better.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really impressive numbers for such a HUGE car. It makes me sad to think that this big ass sedan can run right next to my little car. Actually that thing will smoke my car, if not running crazy fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Really impressive numbers for such a HUGE car. It makes me sad to think that this big ass sedan can run right next to my little car. Actually that thing will smoke my car, if not running crazy fuel.
    And that's completely stock...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And that's completely stock...
    And that makes the S8 a whole lot more impressive. I bet you can gain at least 4mph with a tune, if not more. I wonder how much room those stock turbos have. Is this engine used in any other audi product? I think the S6 right? I need a sedan again.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And that makes the S8 a whole lot more impressive. I bet you can gain at least 4mph with a tune, if not more. I wonder how much room those stock turbos have. Is this engine used in any other audi product? I think the S6 right? I need a sedan again.
    The S7 gains 5 mph of trap speed but it is in a lower state of tune to begin with. I don't know if the turbos are the same: http://www.audiboost.com/content.php?3327-APR-Stage-I-ECU-Tune-before-and-after-Audi-S7-4-0-TFSI-drag-strip-numbers-on-93-octane-pump-Hits-11-63-117-83

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The S7 gains 5 mph of trap speed but it is in a lower state of tune to begin with. I don't know if the turbos are the same: http://www.audiboost.com/content.php?3327-APR-Stage-I-ECU-Tune-before-and-after-Audi-S7-4-0-TFSI-drag-strip-numbers-on-93-octane-pump-Hits-11-63-117-83
    Most likely the only difference between the S6/7 models and the S8 is the state of tune. From a business perspective it makes sense. Glad APR is pushing this engine further. Can't wait to see what it's capable of, with simple bolt ons and a more aggressive tune.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most likely the only difference between the S6/7 models and the S8 is the state of tune.
    Most likely but it is also possible the S8 has a detuned version of the Bentley GT V8 which almost certainly has different turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most likely but it is also testsible Bentley8 has a detuned version of the Bentley GT V8 which almost certainly has different turbos.
    You are correct. VW told Audi to work with powertrain at Bentley about their engine. Bentley issued major changes to fit it's performance brief for the CGT. This was done years ago when the CGT V8 was conceived at Crewe.

I still think Audi NA sends "ringers" to theses tests, but what do I know?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    118mph traps from a 4600lb stock sedan is just awesome! Really excited for this car to come on the used market in a few years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
    I still think Audi NA sends "ringers" to theses tests, but what do I know?
    I really don't think these are ringers. I really just think the S8 performs. Audi is sending a ringer to everyone? Nah.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    118mph traps from a 4600lb stock sedan is just awesome! Really excited for this car to come on the used market in a few years.
    Someone needs to tune this bad boy.