Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

GIAC pushing the K04 2.0 TSI further, their "Extreme" file/tune hits just under 1.9 BAR (27.5 psi)

The 2.0 TSI responds well to tunes, this is common knowledge. GIAC is intent on pushing a K04 turbo upgraded 2.0 TSI even further with their new "Extreme" K04 file that they are working on. This teaser video below shows a GTI equipped with the new aggressive K04 tune on the dyno. So what are the numbers? Unfortunately, we get no dyno numbers which is disappointing. What we are provided though is a reading of the boost gauge.

Click here to enlarge

It hits a peak of just under 1.9 BAR which is 27.5 psi. That certainly is a lot of boost. So what does this tune cost? Is MS109 race gas required? What does it dyno over the previous K04 tune? Tons of questions for GIAC.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It hits a peak of just under 1.9 BAR which is 27.5 psi. That certainly is a lot of boost. So what does this tune cost? Is MS109 race gas required? What does it dyno over the previous K04 tune? Tons of questions for GIAC.
    Lots of questions for sure eh, there is only so much you can get out of a k04. Anything above 24 psi on a k04 is just dumb.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Anything above 24 psi on a k04 is just dumb.
    Is it though? I would think GIAC knows what they are doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it though? I would think GIAC knows what they are doing.
    yep, it's a tiny turbo. Way out of the efficiency range. It's blowing hot ass air, it's probably coupled with meth and race gas to make up for detonation. Not worth the "20" whp they'd probably claim to make. You can only push the limits of a turbo to a certain extent.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yep, it's a tiny turbo. Way out of the efficiency range. It's blowing hot ass air, it's probably coupled with meth and race gas to make up for detonation. Not worth the "20" whp they'd probably claim to make. You can only push the limits of a turbo to a certain extent.
    You are probably right but I still want to see the numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You are probably right but I still want to see the numbers.
    Hell yea, I'm in it for the numbers and information. I hate teaser vids etc. Media is what they want though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    though props to GIAC, i think they need to stop messing around with a regular k04 and look at the loba turbos. Or get into BT tuning.

I mean Unitronic just had a 2.0TSI running a PT 5530 break 470whp on 93+meth.
    That's right over double stock horsepower on pump and only flowing ~600ml/m...on a tune that is NOT tuned for meth, just a regular pump gas tune with the user flowing meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I mean Unitronic just had a 2.0TSI running a PT 5530 break 470whp on 93+meth.
    That's right over double stock horsepower on pump and only flowing ~600ml/m...on a tune that is NOT tuned for meth, just a regular pump gas tune with the user flowing meth.
    Details on this? Or new thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Details on this? Or new thread?
    http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/blo...ig-turbo-dyno/
    a few threads about it on golfmk6, but don't want to link out.

the big difference? a change in tune to match the change in LPFP and Injectors, a change in intake and he gained ~100whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/blo...ig-turbo-dyno/
    a few threads about it on golfmk6, but don't want to link out.

the big difference? a change in tune to match the change in LPFP and Injectors, a change in intake and he gained ~100whp.
    Good stuff, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff, thanks.
    Should be front page news if you didn't do it by now. APR has some competition now.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Should be front page news if you didn't do it by now. APR has some competition now.
    Will be tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff, thanks.
    Yep, guy is in the process of selling that set up and going with a bigger precision. So who gets to 500whp on pump first? n54 or TSI? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, guy is in the process of selling that set up and going with a bigger precision. So who gets to 500whp on pump first? n54 or TSI? Click here to enlarge
    n54 is already their.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    n54 is already their.
    Please link me where there is an N54 making 500whp solely on 91 or 93 octane. E85 doesn't count as 'pump' gas...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Please link me where there is an N54 making 500whp solely on 91 or 93 octane. E85 doesn't count as 'pump' gas...
    and no meth.

I know in initial testing running
    Still had 1/4 tank of 6 month old fuel in the tank so I filled up 94oct from the Super Station in Sunol. So I'd say it's running a 93oct mix or thereabouts.
    without meth Shiv's single made under 500whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Check the bimmerboost front page...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe we can get @Thomas@GIAC to post an update on this. I read on the golfmk6 forum that the car and tune are performing very well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Maybe we can get @Thomas@GIAC to post an update on this. I read on the golfmk6 forum that the car and tune are performing very well.
    They aren't vendors here unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting. I agree it's probably not worth it to push that little guy so hard. It probably makes a ton of torque though lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. I agree it's probably not worth it to push that little guy so hard. It probably makes a ton of torque though lol
    Believe they hit 395wtq with meth and 104oct. Also trapped 115-117 on street tires.

They aren't vendors here unfortunately.
    My bad. Thought GIAC was

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My bad. Thought GIAC was
    I'm sure they will be relatively soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The extreme file made 35 wheel horsepower and 87 wheel torque more than our current HO Race file (already the K04 quarter mile record holder). 395 wheel torque on our Mustang dyno, a stock GTI will baseline around 175 wheel on this dyno. I drove the car at the strip and the power was unusable on street tires (Hankook RS3).

I was forced to roll out from idle and feather the throttle through fourth gear, but even so the car consistently trapped 115-117 mph. While this power is way too much for a FWD car on street tires, we're going to throw some street radials on and see what it can do.

In other news, we also just captured the overall TSI quarter mile record with a 11.434 at 130.66 mph (GT3071 turbo). Full writeup to come tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC Click here to enlarge
    In other news, we also just captured the overall TSI quarter mile record with a 11.434 at 130.66 mph (GT3071 turbo). Full writeup to come tomorrow.
    Congratulations looking forward to seeing this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast