Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ZL1 review and my Boss on AST4150

First off let me say it was a crazy day. Was at the gas station near the track. In filling my tires and I hear a boom, I immediately turned around and see a mini van roll over the sidewalk to the edge of the gas station. My buddy and I ran to them and helped as much as possible. They were stuck sideway and 911 told us to leave them as is unless there was a fire. Glad everyone was ok!

Click here to enlarge

My friend rented a ZL1 for his bday. The car is very impressive. It's NOT as alive and responsive as the boss but god damn! Is that thing planted. It's so smooth around the track. I only did 3 laps, 1 was a warm up and ran a 1:33:4 at big willow. The fastest in my boss ever is 1:32:8 (some mods). Today I ran 1:33:4 in my boss with my ast4150 installed. Now let me say I only was able to run a few good laps as I had the LCA relocation brackets installed and they were rubbing the control arm or sway bar and it caused MASSIVE wheel hop under braking, the whole car would shake and jump. So the next hour was spent taking them off then I only got 3 laps. Now let me say I ran higher speeds on the 2 big sweepers. Went up to 129 on turn 8 before i only got up to 125.The car felt much flatter, maintained better contact and transitioned much much better, but my tires were very worn and i think tbat really hindered me. So next time i need to come back woth fresh tires and get used to the new suspension to really go at breakig my lap time. I drove to the track on 4 click from the firmest and tracked it like that. I thought I would get sick of it on the street so when I was done I put it on the softest setting and drove home. Probably better then stock like this. So definitely fine for a daily driver and very easy and loud solid clicks when adjusting the dampers.

Again for all the Camaro haters I was highly impressed with the car. The interior is much nicer as we but the roof was so LOW my helmet would hit the roof!!! But just so planted but did make it a bit dull, but very easy to drive fast

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn that zl1 is fast around the track. Sorry to hear about your suspension at least you got it running right later.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky - in response to your last post
    (not sure if the tag worked, no names popped up)
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HAHAHAHA minivan drivers
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky - in response to your last post
    (not sure if the tag worked, no names popped up)
    Worked, didn't see this. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    HAHAHAHA minivan drivers
    I guess I forgot to write that they were hit by another car, I left that out by mistake. A lady with her baby came up crying as she was the one who hit them and cause them to go off the road.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I forgot to write that they were hit by another car, I left that out by mistake. A lady with her baby came up crying as she was the one who hit them and cause them to go off the road.
    WOWWW.... Nevermind, from the way I read it, it sounded like they just weren't paying attention and rolled the car (off the pavement or something)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @folgrz here you go
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @folgrz here you go
    Thank you sir! Sounds like a damn fun time, I've been hearing more and more good things about these AST coilovers and consider me impressed, especially with all the positive reviews I've seen on them. They seem to be right on par with KW's pricing and seem to outperform them.

Do your coilovers have the swift springs on them? I recall a little while back people running the AST 4100 series with swift springs and said that its the perfect balance between street driving and spirited track use. I don't know how often you street drive the boss but would like your initial thoughts on it.
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Used hyperco springs 550/250. Turned to full soft and is great for street
    Current:
    14 Viper TA