Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool 0-60's Reflex Silver MKV R32

Hi Guys,

Now before I start with my Journal I just want to say I am was Never a VW Fan/Lover and never have been but I DO respect what all of you do with your VWs. Just one car from VW always looked attractive to me, the MKV R32. I own an E46 M3 and this car reminded if of the timeless lines just like the M3 has. Also the 3.2 VR6 engine of the R32 is a classic just like the S54 in the M3. The four wheel drive and DSG in the R32 were also an attractive thought.

With the help of member tWiStEd-tORqUe I started looking for one a year ago. Every car we looked at was over priced and every one of them had been in accidents. They weren't clean and the owners hadn't taken care of their R32s. Just when I had given up and decided to wait till the end of this year to pick up a 2011 E90 M3 tWiStEd-tORqUe called me and said he had found a MINT one.

So I went and checked it out, the car belonged to the local VW dealership Service Manager and had a full service history. Even though the Mileage was 109,000kms the car was pretty much SUPER Clean. I made a deal with him as soon as I got done with the test drive and he even replaced the DSG gearbox and headiner under VW warranty before I received the car. He was also very kind to do a lot of things for me while the car was the dealership getting the DSG gearbox replaced.

So without further ado I would like to introduce my Reflex Sliver R32.......

At the VW Dealership......

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Time to get a new DSG box Click here to enlarge......

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Interior.....

Click here to enlarge

R Pedals, ordered an oem R Foot rest to go along with them.....

Click here to enlarge

First Mod, OEM VW MK6 LED license plate lights.....
    Click here to enlarge

All Emblems and Badges Painted Black as I hate chrome (R32 Black trunk badge on the way)....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Read the car for a tune by EVOLVE....
    Click here to enlarge

Changed out OEM Side Markers for Smoked ones....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Also Did the TAMPAVW Flapper Mod, car sounds a bit better now. Still need a cat back or Magnflow resonator mod.

This car will be my DD so heres what i've got coming:

H&R Lowering kit
    H&R 10mm Spacers all around
    Matte Silver/Chrome EURO Headlight Switch with AUTO script
    Matte Silver/Chrome OEM Window Switches
    Heated Blue Blind Spot Mirrors
    R32 Dead Pedal kit
    Coil Pack Cover Set in Red
    AC Control Bezels in Knurled Silver
    Golf R Carpeted Mats Set in Black/White
    OSIR Key Cover For Key Fob 1
    ECS Plastic Grey Key Cover For Key Fob 2
    Fresh D2S Bulbs in 5000k
    EVOLVE AUTOMOTIVE TUNE
    DYNAVIN DVN-VW
    Ebay DSG Maniacs Style Paddles (Black with Silver writing)

Future Mods:
    Tampa Exhaust Mod with 14" Magna Flow Resonator cut to 7"
    or
    Supersprint Sport Catback.
    INTAKE (Probably FORGE as it'll be best for our HOT weather)
    Updated MK6 Climatronic
    Wheels, Black Rotiform BLQ's or 3SDM 0.06 Directional Wheels

I want to say Thanks to everyone here for all the amazing info on this forum. It helps/helped me a lot. I absolutely love my R32 and Plan to keep for a very long time to come.

Ejaz
    0-60 Motorsports
    Bahrain
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More parts arrived today

H&R Springs
    Click here to enlarge

ECS R32 Dead Pedal and Red Coil Pack Cover Set
    Click here to enlarge

ECS Beauty Bezels, Knurled Silver for Climate Control installed. Much nicer than OEM.
    Click here to enlarge

More updates to come soon....
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got her an external detail.....

Click here to enlarge

At the Bahrain International Circuit Today.....Notice the Lowering after the installation of the H&R kit....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Some sun shots...
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

More to come as parts arrive. Everything is 4-5 days away......
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Following parts just landed. Stay tuned for updates with pics.....

H&R 10mm Spacers all around
    Matte Silver/Chrome EURO Headlight Switch with AUTO script
    Heated Blue Blind Spot Mirrors
    Golf R Carpeted Mats Set in Black/White
    OSIR Key Cover For Key Fob 1
    ECS Plastic Grey Key Cover For Key Fob 2
    DYNAVIN DVN-VW D99
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dynavin D99 DVN-VW Installed.

Installation was a breeze. Usually I take pics of the install etc but this time I was busy installing the unit so no install pics.

Here are the installed pics though....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Great unit, Excellent quality. All I have to do is figure out how to download and install iGO nav on it. I have the iGO Mpas for the Middle East but not the program itself LOL. Will have to figure it out.

Love the interface so far of the Dynavin. SO easy to use. Fast, smooth and minimal which makes it simple for any one to operate.

Parts for euro Blue Tinted Blind Spot mirrors installed. Vision while over taking is so much better now.....
    Click here to enlarge

Black R32 Boot badge arrived but the letters are smaller in size than OEM. I will probably get another set which is the same size OEM......
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice golf Click here to enlarge

Why does the underside of the car looks like its been used in a cold climate where you have a salt problem in wintertime?
    Or is that all dust?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These things can be quick!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Nice golf Click here to enlarge

Why does the underside of the car looks like its been used in a cold climate where you have a salt problem in wintertime?
    Or is that all dust?
    Just dust. Ill clean it and underseal it a
    l soon.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    These things can be quick!
    Yeah. Very smooth. Just did the evolve automotive tune. It's so much smoother and responsive now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    EVOLVE AUTOMOTIVE Tune done.....
    Click here to enlarge
    Review coming in a few hundred kilometers, once the R has adapted to the tune.

10mm H&R Spacers Installed. Car sitting on H&R Lowering Springs. This is how she looks now....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Close up of the Grill....
    Click here to enlarge

More Updates to follow tomorrow. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a day time Dynavin D99 DVN-VW pic.....

Click here to enlarge

Got the new Headlight Switch with AUTO Script and Front fog light function (for S6 DRL in the future).....

Before...Old Switch.....
    Click here to enlarge

After...New Switch with matte Chrome accent....
    Click here to enlarge

The new headlight switch feels much nicer and cleans up the interior trim. The old was starting to look boring. I'll take pics of the NEW R carpets and update the thread tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks awesome man!!

You don't waste any time!!

I can't wait to see and hear more updates.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Looks awesome man!!

You don't waste any time!!

I can't wait to see and hear more updates.
    Thanks Bro. Its my DD and buying a used car, it just wasn't MINE. So I did all the things in a tight budget to make it MY style as i'll be using it Daily. Absolutely loving it now. the @evolve tune is starting to come alive as the car adapts.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok so I've driven the car 280km so far after the @evolve tune and the car has fully adapted and all I can say is wow. Sal really has done a great tune to the car. It so responsive yet so much smoother than stock now. I am loving the punch in the midrange. Car accelerates flawlessly and fast. Now to get an intake and mod the oem exhaust Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless I'm confused that isn't a MKV?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Unless I'm confused that isn't a MKV?
    LOL Your very confused as IT IS an MKV Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    LOL Your very confused as IT IS an MKV Click here to enlarge
    That's right. I don't know why I was thinking of the MKIV as the MKV. I need to brush up on my Golf. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OEM LED VALEO Tail lights ordered to bum lift the car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The OEM Valeo LED Tail Lights arrived today after a weeks delay on route....

Here are the OEM Non LED tails...
    Click here to enlarge

VALEO's Installed on the left and OEM Non LED's on the right....
    Click here to enlarge

VALEO OEM LED Tail Lights installed on both sides.....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Fitment was OEM of course and it was an easy install apart from the 41c Temps today. Summer is definitely here. Thank God it wasn't humid!

This brings the car up to date looks wise and makes it look more modern. Love the two tone White and Dark Cherry Red Color of the Valeo's. I'll take some more pics once i get the car washed. The Lights are PnP (Plug and Play) on my EURO Spec R32. No error lights etc..... Everything works as it should.

Thanks to teileguru-de over on eBay for the hook up and great customer service.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those lights are a huge improvement. Huge.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since this is more of a general build than engine build moving to the Golf section.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those lights are a huge improvement. Huge.
    Thanks Bro. They are for sure!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Looking good!
    Thanks.
    Since this is more of a general build than engine build moving to the Golf section.
    Thanks Bro.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DeAutoKey LED Interior Kit and Forge Intake just arrived and Euro Nav Antenna and Mast should be here today too Click here to enlarge Cars getting close to the finish.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So. I haven't updated the thread in a while. First of all i received the FORGE intake and it was a nice piece of kit. Excellent quality and fitment and the sound is awesome. It was kind of annoying taking the oem intake out but no big deal.

OEM Intake....
    Click here to enlarge

OEM Box out.....Finally!.....
    Click here to enlarge

Dirty Engine Bay will be detailed soon....
    Click here to enlarge

Cleaned the MAF while it was out with CRC MAF Cleaner........
    Click here to enlarge

Intake install going good....
    Click here to enlarge

All Done, will take better pics once the car is detailed in the coming few weeks.......
    Click here to enlarge

Car felt amazing to drive after and throttle response became so much better. I also think the big improvement I felt was due to cleaning of the MAF as it was quiet dirty and covered with a lot of sand and dust. The Silicone hoses on the intake are a little tough to install at first but once you get them on they sit perfect, nice and snug.

Conclusion: love the sound, throttle response and it looks very nice in the engine bay.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I received my interior LED kit from deautokey and it was an easy install. I'll post night time pics soon. Just hate the foot well bulbs flickering due to the bulb check..
    Click here to enlarge

Also got my MK6 Matte Chrome Door window switches, Fuel tank Button and Side Mirror switch. Absolutely love the feel compared to the crappy OEM all plastic switches....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast