Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some more flatline progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Some more flatline progress

Making some good progress on the flatline fix front. It's been countless hours logging and testing but have developed a solid understanding of the issue and how to work around it. Click here to enlarge

These are from our previously flatline prone IJEOS 135i.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

very nice T!
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I assume this is with meth and just not shown on the graph?
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Making some good progress on the flatline fix front. It's been countless hours logging and testing but have developed a solid understanding of the issue and how to work around it. Click here to enlarge
    AWESOME news --- I called COBB on Thursday to see if any progress had been made & they said they've been actively working on it, but no timeline of when to expect a solution.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I assume this is with meth and just not shown on the graph?
    Running map 7, E40, and meth, for the last gas tank.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    AWESOME news --- I called COBB on Thursday to see if any progress had been made & they said they've been actively working on it, but no timeline of when to expect a solution.
    If they could locate and open up a few more tables it would make my life a lot easier! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Running map 7, E40, and meth, for the last gas tank.
    Anyway to squash meth undershoot? And congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

What is meth undershoot?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Good stuff..seems like cleaning up those WOT onset and post shift boost overshoots is the ticket here on the jb side

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What is meth undershoot?
    Its when you want to slam the entire syringe, but you pass out halfway through it.

Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 800+ Members Strong!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/112468002137607/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Its when you want to slam the entire syringe, but you pass out halfway through it.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What is meth undershoot?
    I was referring to when the boost flatlines for a fraction of a second below finally rising to full target. Seems worse when meth is involved, just something I have noticed from looking at logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Hahaahahahha. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

It appears you found a way to reduce the timing cut during an upshift as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to when the boost flatlines for a fraction of a second below finally rising to full target. Seems worse when meth is involved, just something I have noticed from looking at logs.
    Oh boost vs. target has to do with PID tuning, learned wastegate values, etc. I have not played with that in a long time. Once it gets within 1-2psi of target it relies on a small integral value to finally get up to target. Bumping up PID gain a bit will make the targeting a little more aggressive if that is what you are after. Down the road I'll probably revisit it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Oh boost vs. target has to do with PID tuning, learned wastegate values, etc. I have not played with that in a long time. Once it gets within 1-2psi of target it relies on a small integral value to finally get up to target. Bumping up PID gain a bit will make the targeting a little more aggressive if that is what you are after. Down the road I'll probably revisit it.
    Yeah, I modified that for non meth, but see its worse in the meth logs I have looked at. I won't pass judgment until I personally try it though. The PID tweak may fix it no problem. Worst case the integral value just needs to reset when meth hits or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Is boost overshoot post shift what's behind timing drops? I see, at least in these logs, boost on the upshift is cleaned up not to overshoot like before, but probably at the expense of some minimal lag...what if you bumped your pid gain and/or ran lag fix

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

No it has nothing to do with boost control. From the DME's perspective boost is always right on target unless we tell it to nudge the throttle, etc. There is an algorithm that tells it to report over target if JB4 boost is over target, so that the throttle safety remains active. And then there are some modifiers that determine how aggressive the JB4 is in closing the throttle if boost is over target. And other factors that determine how PWM is handled during shifts to avoid major overshoots. None of that has changed from the release of ISO. The flatline is a purely DME flash issue.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

No it has nothing to do with boost control. From the DME's perspective boost is always right on target unless we tell it to nudge the throttle, etc. There is an algorithm that tells it to report over target if JB4 boost is over target, so that the throttle safety remains active. And then there are some modifiers that determine how aggressive the JB4 is in closing the throttle if boost is over target. And other factors that determine how PWM is handled during shifts to avoid major overshoots. None of that has changed from the release of ISO. The flatline is a purely DME flash issue.
    Ok cool. I know the flatline is some logic/table in the DME being tripped to cause it but I thought you fixed with JB4 only without needing any changes on the flash end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Ok cool. I know the flatline is some logic/table in the DME being tripped to cause it but I thought you fixed with JB4 only without needing any changes on the flash end.
    No, have not been able to fix it without a flash. I have some logic that sort of mimics what we're doing on the flash side and it's an improvement. But not a full fix.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Quick summary someone of this flatline issue please?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)

On some automatic cars when running higher boost levels timing drops dramatically after the shift due to some sort of internal DME torque reduction algorithm.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

On some automatic cars when running higher boost levels timing drops dramatically after the shift due to some sort of internal DME torque reduction algorithm.
    Also happens on manual transmission cars.

Neil

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

And everyone experiences this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MDORPHN Click here to enlarge
    Also happens on manual transmission cars.

Neil
    The corrections seen on a 6MT are nowhere as bad as what the 6AT cars see. I know 6MT with NLS have a tendency to flatline though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast