Thread: Article: 034 Motorsport releases their Audi A3 and Golf MKV Stage I 3.2 VR6 turbo kit - +134 wheel horsepower, $5,895
01-18-2013, 10:38 PM #1
034 Motorsport releases their Audi A3 Stage I 3.2 VR6 turbo kit (also fits the Golf MKV R32) - +134 wheel horsepower, $5,895
Here is a new VR6 turbo kit from 034 Motorsport which was just recently made production ready after two years of testing. It will take a stock MKV R32 Golf from 192.7 wheel horsepower to 327.1 wheel horsepower for an impressive gain of 134 wheel horsepower at 7.5 psi of boost on 91 octane pump gas. Peak torque figures rise from 193.1 pound-feet at the wheels to 297.4 pound-feet of torque at the wheels with what appears to be very little lag.
The kit retails for $5,895 dollars and applies to either the MKV Golf R32 or Audi A3 8P 3.2 VR6 platforms. The turbo is a Precision 6262 CEA with a billet compressor wheel. A set of six upgraded fuel injectors is included along with the tuning software. Optional software for the DSG transmission in the A3 is also available.
Excellent work by 034 Motorsport, full specs, pics, dyno, and teaser video below.
- 100% Complete Hardware/Software/Fueling Package
- 425 Horsepower & 386 Foot-Pounds of Torque on 91 Octane
- Capable of up to 705 Horsepower with Additional Upgrades
- 034Motorsport 3.2L VR6 24V Exhaust Manifold with T3 Flange and Integrated O2 Bungs
- Precision 6262 CEA Turbocharger with Billet Compressor Wheel (Available with Journal Bearing or Ceramic Ball Bearing CHRA)
- Precision 38mm Wastegate (Pre-Calibrated)
- 034Motorsport 3.5" Downpipe with Wastegate Recirculation and Connection to Stock Exhaust.
- 034Motorsport Cold Air Intake with Carbon Fiber Heat Shield and Open Element Filter
- 034Motorsport Front Mount Intercooler Kit with Garrett 600 Horsepower Core
- 034Motorsport Billet Aluminum Bypass Valve
- 034Motorsport Intercooler & Intake Plumbing (Mandrel-Bent Aluminum and Wire-Reinforced Silicone Hoses)
- 034Motorsport SAI Delete Plate
- 034Motorsport Silicone Breather Hose with Integrated Billet PCV valve
- 034Motorsport Silicone Coolant Relocation Hose
- Stainless Steel Braided Turbocharger Oil Feed & Drain Lines
- Gasket, Hardware, Clamp Kit - Everything Needed for Installation
- 034Motorsport 3.2L 24V VR6 Stage 1 Turbo Kit ECU Upgrade
- Bosch 550cc EV14 Fuel Injectors (Set of 6)
- EV1 to EV6 Injector Connector Adapters (Set of 6)
- Plug and Play Intake Air Temperature Sensor Extension Harness
Recommended Supporting Modifications:
- Unitronic Stage 3 DSG Software
- 3" or Larger Downpipe-Back Exhaust System
- 2006 - 2008 Audi A3 3.2L VR6 (8P)
- 2008 Volkswagen R32 (MkV) Mk5
- The Precision 6262 CEA Turbocharger is available with a Journal Bearing CHRA or Ceramic Ball Bearing CHRA. Please select the desired option below. The cermaic ball bearing CHRA spools up slightly faster and has better transient response, but both turbos perform extremely well.
- Some components of the kit are specific to either the 8P Audi A3 3.2L VR6 or MkV Volkswagen R32. Please select your vehicle below.
- Installation of the FMIC requires clearancing of the bumper reinforcement and core support. Installation of the turbocharger requires clearancing of the heat shield.
- The upcoming "Stage 2" kit will require the use of a 034Motorsport Compression-Dropping Cylinder Head Spacer, which will be available separately for existing "Stage 1" customers.
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM #2
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM #3
$5,895 is an INSANE Price for that kind of upgrade.
That's under $6k to go from stock to these power levels (before labor). has everything you need injectors, tune, intake, DP, FMIC, turbo, etc.
Now I kind of want an a3.
01-21-2013, 08:49 PM #4
01-22-2013, 07:07 AM #5Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Brisbane, Australia
- Rep Points
- 53 Post(s)
- Rep Power
the launch in that video looks like WAYYYY more than 327 AWHP.. i mean. SHIIIIIIT.
and for a full custom turbo kit, i agree, that's an amazing bargain
i might look more seriously at getting a VR6 (not ditching the BMW, don't worry, missus needs a car lol) if shooting for decent power is so affordable :O
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM #6
Say what you want about manual vs. auto, but the DSG is a pretty great transmission, and can be upgraded to handle 600whp for about $1700 from SSP, plus there are a handful of companies that tune the DSG.
though I suppose you could probably find a used a3 with AWD, VR6, and DSG for a bit cheaper than you can find a decent r32.
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM #7