Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    My Old 800hp evo8.

    This is my old evo 8 that i use to have, i really miss this car.
    Here are some pics of the car when i was building it and after results.
    This was about 3 years ago. Thanks to my sponsors like ETS, JMF, and Sparktech I was able to hit 700s and 800hp on stock ecu which was not have done yet back then.

    Stock ecu with SD
    ETS ff turbo kit
    PTE 6765 turbo
    ETS 3.5 Exhaust
    ETS 5" Intercooler
    Motionlabtuning 3" upper intercooler
    Kelford 272
    Drag Jmfabrication intake manifold
    Motionlabtuning Fuel system
    2100cc injectors
    fpr
    Manley rods
    JE pistons
    Sparktech Ignition

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge



    my final numbers on e85
    Click here to enlarge
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,854
    Rep Points
    2,407.7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Sponsors. Man I wish I had some of those lol. What was your best 1/4? Did you have your TC and tranny built? If so by who?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    35
    Rep Points
    126.7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Very impressive. A thing of beauty! Talk about turbo lag though!Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dsm25psi Click here to enlarge
    This is my old evo 8 that i use to have, i really miss this car.
    Why did you get rid of it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    It took a lot of money before i even got noticed by sponsors. TC and tranny was all stock, the trans did give out but it did last me almost 15k with 700+ power. I have never ran at the track because back then no one had good slicks setup so i did bunch of treet racing and killing bikes. I did run 6.6 @116mph spining really bad all the way to 1/8. lol
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Why didn't you just build the trans?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    lol, looking back now i dont know why i did it.
    The car did get very $$$, my triple carbon fiber clutch alone was $5,000. Was looking for a new build, maybe will win the vergas stage3 set soon lol
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    i did after i blew out my stock one,it was build by english racing.
    But at first i dint have any problems with stock one so i dint want to mess with it till it went out.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Gotcha. So you wish you still had the car?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Gotcha. So you wish you still had the car?
    yes i do, back in the days people were telling me i could not make this kind of power on stock ecu and we did. I have put in lots of time in this car and money, broke some records too. It was fun building the car and working with great sponsors. But i did own great cars after this one.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,699
    Rep Points
    31,533.4
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dsm25psi Click here to enlarge
    yes i do, back in the days people were telling me i could not make this kind of power on stock ecu and we did. I have put in lots of time in this car and money, broke some records too. It was fun building the car and working with great sponsors. But i did own great cars after this one.
    I can understand that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    26.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The car was tuned for e85 on a stock ECU? I bet with 2100s, e85, and the stock ECU that thing hated life off a cold start. I'm sure it wasn't fun in traffic either.

    My buddy has a grey 9 that makes over 700 wheel on a Mustang that's a Speed Density AEM e98 car and the car is a $#@! to start under 50 degrees. It also hates life until it's fully warmed up(like 20 mins of driving). It rarely sees the street though. It weight well under 3000 lbs and traps 160mph. Nuttiest vehicle I've ever experienced on the street.

    Video:


    Yeah I can't take claim for the Yahoo who taped it. He doesn't work for Speedchannel, let's put it that way.
    Rocky

    e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    306
    Rep Points
    268.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dsm25psi Click here to enlarge
    It took a lot of money before i even got noticed by sponsors. TC and tranny was all stock, the trans did give out but it did last me almost 15k with 700+ power. I have never ran at the track because back then no one had good slicks setup so i did bunch of treet racing and killing bikes. I did run 6.6 @116mph spining really bad all the way to 1/8. lol
    Another Charlotte guy! How long ago did you first build this car? I'm wondering if I met you, I remember meeting a dude maybe 7 years ago with a similar car, but had a gt35r back then. Im not sure if that was you, but I am not aware of many other big power Evos in this area. Theres a red 800whp evo i was wanting to run for $#@!s and giggles, but I havent seen him around in quite awhile.
    Last edited by rt turbo; 01-18-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Notsafe335i Click here to enlarge
    The car was tuned for e85 on a stock ECU? I bet with 2100s, e85, and the stock ECU that thing hated life off a cold start. I'm sure it wasn't fun in traffic either.

    My buddy has a grey 9 that makes over 700 wheel on a Mustang that's a Speed Density AEM e98 car and the car is a $#@! to start under 50 degrees. It also hates life until it's fully warmed up(like 20 mins of driving). It rarely sees the street though. It weight well under 3000 lbs and traps 160mph. Nuttiest vehicle I've ever experienced on the street.

    Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5EL7...ow&amp;index=1

    Yeah I can't take claim for the Yahoo who taped it. He doesn't work for Speedchannel, let's put it that way.

    Cold starts or traffic no problems, i had the car idle like stock. Its all in the tune. I drove the car around with no problems.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    Another Charlotte guy! How long ago did you first build this car? I'm wondering if I met you, I remember meeting a dude maybe 7 years ago with a similar car, but had a gt35r back then. Im not sure if that was you, but I am not aware of many other big power Evos in this area. Theres a red 800whp evo i was wanting to run for $#@!s and giggles, but I havent seen him around in quite awhile.
    The red 800hp evo is gone, its sold also. I been in charlotte for about 16years, been around the racing seen for a while.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    306
    Rep Points
    268.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dsm25psi Click here to enlarge
    The red 800hp evo is gone, its sold also. I been in charlotte for about 16years, been around the racing seen for a while.
    When did you first build that evo? Did yiu ever have a gt35r setup on there? Reason I ask is I remember seeing a car similar at the races. Back then I had a modded s4 and an 11 second rx7 fd. Just wondering if that was you I met about 7 years ago.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

    Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Can't fathom, each cylinder is making 200whp. Just one awesome build man, lag is scary though!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    When did you first build that evo? Did yiu ever have a gt35r setup on there? Reason I ask is I remember seeing a car similar at the races. Back then I had a modded s4 and an 11 second rx7 fd. Just wondering if that was you I met about 7 years ago.
    Yea i had tons of different setups, but very first kit i put on the car when it was all stock was gt35 kit. I bought the car about 6 years ago, very first kit i did was gt35. Im really bad with names but im sure if i met you i would remember you if i see you again.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    51.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Can't fathom, each cylinder is making 200whp. Just one awesome build man, lag is scary though!
    thanks, the lag is only first gear spool after that you better hold on. The car never lost and any spool between shifts.
    135i M
    335
    804awhp Evo 8- sold
    Supra - Sold

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •