Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Ok back to the N55 - Need donor car for turbo upgrade

Whats up guys, happy New Year. So Stage 3 is basically finished needs some final welding etc, then installation and stage 2 is a couple parts away from shipping. This means as promised, its time for me to get back over to you N55 guys who don't really have much on the upgraded turbo front. Like I said before I need an N55 for prob a good month or 2 so I can figure out the best solution. I have a couple leads, but if anyone is interested. Shoot me a email or PM. Thanks
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Whats up guys, happy New Year. So Stage 3 is basically finished needs some final welding etc, then installation and stage 2 is a couple parts away from shipping. This means as promised, its time for me to get back over to you N55 guys who don't really have much on the upgraded turbo front. Like I said before I need an N55 for prob a good month or 2 so I can figure out the best solution. I have a couple leads, but if anyone is interested. Shoot me an email or PM. Thanks
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    YUMMM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I come across anyone I'll let you know. The N55 is begging for an upgraded turbo.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I come across anyone I'll let you know. The N55 is begging for an upgraded turbo.
    This certainly makes me wish I had picked an n55 for my next project car Click here to enlarge
    maybe ill win the Christmas turbos lol
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It'd be real nice to see the N55 break 400 WHP consistently...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is the fueling the same as the n54?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Is the fueling the same as the n54?
    Should be very similar.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    did you guys get a car yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
    did you guys get a car yet?
    I had 2 people very interested. I am waiting to hear back. Are you in nor-cal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    nope i'm in the Philadelphia area... you guys should just move up here and partner with VAC Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nope i'm in the Philadelphia area... you guys should just move up here and partner with VAC Click here to enlarge
    VAC, oh yeah that company that has that awesome head porting service that never came out. Or like evolution racewerks intake manifold. Or like CP-E's upgraded HPFP, or like AMS's turbo upgrade, although at least they came out and said they called it off. No offense to any of those companies as they do great work, but I don't think Vargas needs to team up with anyone as he's been quite involved and transparent. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    VAC, oh yeah that company that has that awesome head porting service that never came out
    Are you talking about these? Which they've been making since last year? Cause yea, seen them in person

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...ead-p1819.aspx

Just cause no one has made a review thread on a forum, doesn't mean that it hasn't already been installed on an N54
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, i've seen their N54 head sitting in their showroom a while ago collecting dust. Not sure why you are so butt-hurt about VAC Klipseracer?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, i've seen their N54 head sitting in their showroom a while ago collecting dust. Not sure why you are so butt-hurt about VAC Klipseracer?
    Not "so butt hurt". Where did I say or insinuate that? But if anyone remembers, they were in development of this head porting option for a long time(do you recall when they said over and over there would be dyno results?) and nothing came of it, so if they are performing the work now, it must be within the last several months and am glad they do. If you take a moment and reread my post, the point is there is no reason for vargas to team up with anyone else who has been known in our community for taking their sweet time or not coming up with solutions at all. Thats all. Thats like telling UGR they should team up with VAC.... Why? UGR does fine work all by themselves and would gain nothing.

No offense to any of those companies as they do great work, but I don't think Vargas needs to team up with anyone as he's been quite involved and transparent. Click here to enlarge
    We should get General Mills to team up with Fruit of the loom and create tasty underwear.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 02-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not "so butt hurt". Where did I say or insinuate that? But if anyone remembers, they were in development of this head porting option for a long time(do you recall when they said over and over there would be dyno results?) and nothing came of it, so if they are performing the work now, it must be within the last several months and am glad they do. If you take a moment and reread my post, the point is there is no reason for vargas to team up with anyone else who has been known in our community for taking their sweet time or not coming up with solutions at all. Thats all. Thats like telling UGR they should team up with VAC.... Why? UGR does fine work all by themselves and would gain nothing.

We should get General Mills to team up with Fruit of the loom and create tasty underwear.
    Nothing came of it? It seems more like lack of market for it. I spoke to Tony and Mike and they said the head porting is available anytime, on an exchange, or you send them your head basis, he sent me all the details including pricing. Pretty sure if anyone wants this service its right there waiting for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Nothing came of it? It seems more like lack of market for it. I spoke to Tony and Mike and they said the head porting is available anytime, on an exchange, or you send them your head basis, he sent me all the details including pricing. Pretty sure if anyone wants this service its right there waiting for you.
    That may be the case now, but I'm referencing a time when, 'nothing came of it' was a fact. Saying the VAC ported head option was available all along is like saying in one year from now that HPFP solution and Single turbos were always readily available. Don't make me dig through posts on e90 to prove my point! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245575
    03-27-2009, 10:56 AM
    I spoke to Chris at VAC Motorsports located in Philadelphia today about port & polishing the head for my 330. They haven't done one YET, but they have one coming in to be done in the next few weeks. They have many years of experience doing entire engines for street and racing. They have had quite a few inquiries from all over the world for head work on the NA e90 engines.
    Here's what Chris told me. The port and polish is $2k that includes a 6-angle valve job on the intake and full radius on the outlet. If you want to do larger valves, they are approximately $720 per set. A full stage 3 head is $3500.
    He doesn't have any idea of HP gain yet on our engines because they haven't done one yet. When he gets the figures, he'll let me know. They do have S54 dynos that showed a 35-40hp gain with 40 ft lbs of torque for a port/polish and larger valves. That's the only thing we have to go by right now.
    VAC is a full-line aftermarket supplier. I have NO affiliation with them. They can do anything when it comes to race/street set-up. They are hooked up with high performance parts supplier's from all over the world. They can do a full, custom rebuild with connecting rods, cranks, pistons, heads, headers, etc.
    If you have further questions or would like to contact them, here's their information. Just reference e90post so them know we're here.
    http://www.vacmotorsports.com/
    sales@vacmotorsports.com
    Again, ask for Chris
    So this is back in 2009, literally four years ago. The made the same comments on the N54 that I can't find. Regardless, So how quick was their turn around time to actually porting an E90 from four years ago when they said a couple weeks? This went on for years and I stopped keeping track, hence my comment. So saying that they are prompt with their head porting option means I've kept better track of what actually happened. Again, this is beside the point. My point is, Vargas doesn't need to team up with people with 4 year turn around time windows. Not saying that is always the case in their products, but it would be pointless unless there is some side agenda here that I can't see.

The same thing seemed to happen to the PAW ported head, but I don't recall what came of that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's mostly just that nobody has done it. Porting the heads isn't that big of a deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My point is, Vargas doesn't need to team up with people with 4 year turn around time windows. Not saying that is always the case in their products, but it would be pointless unless there is some side agenda here that I can't see.
    These were ready in 2011 when I went to VAC to pick up some spark plugs. Someone toured me around the shop, the machine room & garage. Their def isn't a demand for ported heads for the same reason nobody's adjusted the compression or swapped in forged internals, the stock motor has illustrated it's capable of handling everything we've thrown at it this far.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's mostly just that nobody has done it. Porting the heads isn't that big of a deal.
    No after looking it appears its actually a service being offered now. And this really isn't the point. But believe me, I was in the threads from many years ago and a ported head was one of those things that was supposed to give us 100hp gains on top of ASR upgraded twins, and at the time seemed like vaporware. Like the Phantom Lapboard:

Attachment 26064
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    These were ready in 2011 when I went to VAC to pick up some spark plugs. Someone toured me around the shop, the machine room & garage. Their def isn't a demand for ported heads for the same reason nobody's adjusted the compression or swapped in forged internals, the stock motor has illustrated it's capable of handling everything we've thrown at it this far.
    I agree about the demand part. Because there was NO DATA. God forbid I over looked it, because I was looking for any type of numbers. Would you buy a head without seeing some data first? Show me the first time they ever provided any numbers on this product, they couldn't expect there to be any demand for a product nobody knows anything about until then. Which to me, really tells me they weren't ready to sell it. Its not hard to uncover posts well into 2012 that they hadn't even installed and tested it on a car yet.

04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
    Hey guys at eurofest i saw Vac motorsports had a staged 3 ported and polished cylinder head avaliable for the n54. Spoke to a rep and he said it has not been installed on a car yet but looked really beautiful.
    Again, this isn't a VAC bash, I like their products. Just saying ONE particularly, hard to sell product took years and didn't see any data.

Feels like I was the only one around when this happened. Is everyone new to the N54 world in the last year? lol

EDIT: @Sticky I'm feeling like a senior citizen with member number 414. Do I get to collect social security?
    Last edited by klipseracer; 02-11-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    EDIT: @Sticky I'm feeling like a senior citizen with member number 414. Do I get to collect social security?
    I do not see why you shouldn't be able too. But I'll have to create a social security fund and take a portion of members rep to pay into. Some rep may disappear along the way say if the account needs to be dipped into Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I do not see why you shouldn't be able too. But I'll have to create a social security fund and take a portion of members rep to pay into. Some rep may disappear along the way say if the account needs to be dipped into Click here to enlarge
    Sounds pretty accurate on the system process....
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast